UEFI

UEFI
Just what's the fucking point?

Just who the fuck woke up one day and said "Hey, let's make a BIOS that's even more buggy, bloated and vulnerable!"

why do you bloat something whose only purpose is to load the bootloader?

Attached: 14523654785412.gif (522x291, 2.58M)

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2010/11/16/tdl_rootkit_does_64_bit_windows/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

do you have any idea how difficult it is for gamers to figure out how to use the arrow keys to navigate the BIOS for overclocking instead of clicking and dragging a speedometer? UEFI has made millions from selling new hardware to first-time overclockers who fry their CPUs trying to get an extra 3fps in GTAV.

>brainlets

>Just what's the fucking point?
For manufacturers such as Microshaft to take even more control over your machie. Fuck UEFI.

>he doesn't use EFI boot
grub bloat scum

stub boot is okay though, it gets the job done without needing grub

>think UEFI is bloat
>meanwhile you have Intel IME and AMD PSP

Attached: two_and_a_half_kernels.png (845x399, 47K)

is your UEFI more buggy than BIOS?
I don't remember last time I had UEFI problems.

at least ME runs Minix, a well designed system. UEFI has more LoC than Linux

you can't just call your botnet botnet and expect it to fair well.

Um, you know there's more to firmware than just the POST and bootloader, right?

probably the same guys who made a god system out of an init process

*their machine

No wonder they renamed "My Computer" to "This PC" in Windows 8+ :^)

>designed by Intel

Umm, excuse me, enjoy your botnet. I'll be sticking to my Intel Xeon L5630.

Because the old system was an undocumented mess of duct tape. Read up on what UEFI actually fucking introduced and the weaknesses of shit like MBR.

Too bad that they then fucked it up and made it a fucking chore to disable the fucking features that prevent you from installing any OS on it.
The weird thing is that it's easier to install an OS on a Surface tablet than on an HP notebook.

psp can be disabled, no?

kek

>tfw my waifu is redpilled
Feels good man

adding a gui to the traditional bios does not require a complete replacement

>3 wrongs make a right

I had a small hmmm at this a bit and then smiled :)

>:)
Ok, seriously, what the fuck is up with all of these emoticons on Jow Forums?

I think they are cute (:

If you're LARP'ing
>Get out
If you're not LARP'ing
>Get the fuck out

im still using an e5450 clocked @ 4GHz

Not bad. I imagine it comes pretty close to an i5 2400, in terms of raw speed.

It has effectively made dual booting Linux+Windows unpractical.

Microsoft won.

Secure Boot != UEFI
UEFI actually made multi-booting easier because it removes middlemen like GRUB/BootMgr so you can reinstall windows or lunix without fucking up your boot sector.

Attached: 1534088040579.jpg (255x1160, 113K)

this. I once installed Windows 7 alongside some linux distro and found out it doesn't ship with the required drivers for my hardware, so no internet. I thought I should just go back to my Linux install, download the drivers and copy them to the windows partition, so I can install them and everything would be ok. except the grub installation on the disk was completely gone and I was stuck with Windows 7 without drivers and internet. I had an old pi with raspbian on it that I used to download some minimal live linux image to reinstall grub, but otherwise I'd be pretty fucked. UEFI doesn't have this problem. Windows 10 (or even 8/8.1) installs its bootloader alongside what ever already exists on the EFI partition and I can boot normally

because BIOS didn't have a single standard interrupt; there are about 4 different ways to get the memory map
if you want to have a laugh just search up ralf brown's interrupt list, this clusterfuck was created because ibm pc ""compatible"" computers had to reverse engineer the technology from the original pc

>whose only purpose is to load the bootloader
temperature, cpu, fan and hardware sensors no?

not a warrant for UEFI

Only good thing UEFI does is allow 3TB and up as boot drives. That's it. Seeing as how SSD's are all the rage now, and that there is no 3TB SSD's yet much less affordable 2TB SSD's if you only got a regular bios board you ain't missing much. Plus if you want to stick with Windows 7 and use DAZ loader then reg bios is only option (or use "Legacy" mode). Daz Loader will not work with UEFI BIOS/GPT drives

You speak like a boomer

UEFI is awesome for dual- and multibooting and Secure Boot is nice for muh security

>Daz Loader will not work with UEFI BIOS/GPT drives
You can use a KMS server like you can on 8/10.
All you need is to be on a Professional or Enterprise SKU since those are the only ones with a KMS client. But that shouldn't be a problem since you're pirating.

Attached: 1532910335886.jpg (1280x720, 178K)

IMO efi has much more convenient and intuitive booting process. Copying binaries on the ESP is much cooler than splitting them and writing on the disk without taking partitions into consideration just so that you can match with weird legacy bullshit of bios/mbr.

>mfw that's the loader I use

mbr rootkits are why

theregister.co.uk/2010/11/16/tdl_rootkit_does_64_bit_windows/

UEFI is pretty bloated

Attached: rk.jpg (727x453, 57K)

fpbp

:)

secure boot is part of UEFI. its that or some rootkit malware

stop hating everything because its not what youre used to

The quads have spoken

stop hating bios because its not what youre used to