Intel 9000 series

Is hyperthreading worth $100?

The i7-9700K costs $350 and has 8 cores
The i9-9900K costs $450 and has 8 cores, 16 threads

Does it actually do anything?
Only these two CPUs will be soldered like AMD's so they're the only ones worth considering.

Attached: 180404-i9-i7-i5-intel-optane-memory-word-770x439_c[1].jpg (770x439, 57K)

For games? No.

you would have to be a fucking retard to buy one of these. Both will lose to an 8700k in gaming and if you don't care about games then just buy a fucking 2700x/ TR

>Is specter worth $100?
No.

8C 8T = 6C 12T in multi threaded applications
8C 8T > 6C 12T in games

If it's the same price as 8700K it will be a worthy replacement.

The 9900K will of course be the best consumer grade chip yet and I'd say anything bellow 500 would be a good price for it.

>Acting like a high end Ryzen chip isn't good for gaming either

Attached: 1511305178851.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

There's a 95% prediction that whatever the result is it will be within 3-5% range. Guaranteed.

It is for 99% of people, but for the mouthbreathers who only play CSGO/overwatch at 720P min settings on a 240HZ monitor 8700k @ 5.2Ghz is better. (which is honestly the only market the 8700k has left.) and the 9900k is a downgrade in every situation for those people.

>buying intel in 2018

its already outdated

False the 8700k beats anything ryzen at any resolution. Typical dishonest amdrone.

Lol faggot, the 2700x matches the 8700k at 1440p and higher resolutions.

Intel shills everyone, too fucking retarded to even know what a gpu bottleneck is.

Cool proof brah.

Attached: 1522868880358.png (1920x1080, 401K)

Am I being baited or are you actually this fucking retarded?

Attached: untitled-3.png (674x578, 24K)

INTEL BTFO!!!!!!

Attached: 97934.png (650x337, 42K)

I recently changed my laptops, took i7 cpus.
Why ? battery life. Ryzen 2700U is announced at 6 hours versus 10 hours for i5-8250U (on Lenovo)
Next time if they solve that shit, I'll try AMD again. I was AMD/ATI only between 1999 and 2015.

>buying a 1080Ti to play at 1080p low settings
????

What do you expect? He's dumb enough to actually still buy intel.

This benchmark is obviously a piece of shit and worthy of being discarded: what game would an A12-9800 ever realistically come within even 75% of the performance of any of those other CPU's @1080p??!

still haven't figured out what a GPU bottleneck is?
might try googlin' it

You really skipped the whole core 2 line? Probably not the best move. As soon as conroe was released all athlon's instantly became irrelevant to any kind of resource demanding program.

How dishonest are you, drone?
>Muh ryzen better at everything beside 720p
>Post the few 4k benchmark there they're tied
Now let's see some highres bench that isn't GPU bottleneck

Attached: 1440p-gaming.png (602x648, 217K)

>1080p
If that piece of shit bulldozer APU is keeping up with anything else in the chart @1080p, then the benchmark is worthless. I actually own a Bristol Ridge APU notebook and I'm not even going to pretend that it can close to even the first quad core i5's from 2011.

can you even read? it's clearly not a 1080p benchmark you fucking idiot

Any AAA game in 4k is pretty much always going to be a GPU bottleneck.

Okay, so I'm actually retarded, I saw 1080 in the title of the slide and figured it was the resolution, not the GPU. My bad.

>god i'm so glad I spent 100 dollars on 4 FPS and worse performance in literally everything else as well as being on a dead socket.
AMD BTFO

I haven't bought AMD-anything since 2004. It's going to stay that way.

Oh so CS:Go at 720p low is the only game that isnt GPU bottlenecked according to dishonest AMD marketing team?

Attached: 1518118600433.png (600x800, 176K)

What, are intel trying to push the new i9 by REMOVING FUCKING HYPERTHREADING FROM i7?!?!?! shit dude.

I'll give it 2 years before all their marketing is gold/Bronze etc.

Attached: EPYC.jpg (960x720, 98K)

In both cases it will run at over 300 fps anyway, why bother giving your pesos to intel?

You know what's super fun? Watching a bunch of autistic mouth breathing children have the same arguments every single day. This board really should be split into two; /gnu/ for the Linuxfags and freetards, and /pcg/ for all the gaming benchmark CPU and GPU flame war threads, pc building threads, and battlestations. That way all of what's left over will be people actually discussing technology that isn't just the same tired GayMD and Incel shilling about your gaymen rigs.

I never said that, all I said was 4k AAA games (in current year) are all going to be GPU bottlenecked. 1080p is, at this time, a better showing of CPU competence in gaming.

AMD will always be the inferior poorfags choice. Any attempts to justify buying one is just mental gymnastics.

for gaymers, perhaps, we know objectively that Ryzen is superior for almost any other workload.

Here's the current one kike, that 10FPS sure is worth being raped by CIA niggers thanks to all your vulnerabilities.
Quick question, what graphics card do you own?

Attached: ArxS7iaQoxa9h5B7cm9uND-650-80.png (600x774, 164K)

Right now, console gaming is the only viable 4k AAA gaming avenue, but even then it's like running the same game on PC at medium settings with all AA disabled. I played some Xbox One X games at a friend's house last night on his 4k 70" TV and it was unimpressive. I mean it looked decent, certainly playable and didn't have any frame rate drops, but reflections and other textures were clearly dropped to lower quality, and some shadows had very noticeable jaggies. It was better than any PC I could build right now for less than my mortgage payment, and certainly vastly better than any PC I could build for the cost of the Xbox One X, but I'd still rather play at 1080p with incredible visuals than 4k on PC with framerates dropping off, or 4k on a console.

Why would a 5ghz 8-core 9700K lose to the 8700K?

It's the same chip but better, with better thermal performance

8 cores= nothing but more heat, so it won't clock as high. The solder is cool but meaningless as everyone running their 8700k at 5.2 has already delidded.

It won't. Single core performance will be exactly the same so it will only depend on how high you clock them. Muti thread performance will favor the 9700k.

Is this way people always type "delid this" in Intel threads?

I get it now

>Does it actually do anything?
Yes. It lines the pockets of corrupt and greedy intelshit senior executives.

>2700x is bad at gaming
retard alert

Intel falsely portrays their product as extreme top end therefore justifying outrageous price tags to satisfy the greed of senior management.

There are no CPU-bound games guys it really doesn't matter if you have Intel or a cheap one.

Even MHW with a GTX 1070 or 1080 is not limited by the CPU, and it's a very CPU intensive unoptimized mess.

i only got a core duo far later when my brother gave me his old comp. good hardware indeed.
but yeah i jumped from x2-4000 and x2-6000 to i7-4790k and i7-6700k

lel
duh, you buy the best for the job at hand, I also have a intel desktop and laptop because I wanted the cheapest bang for buck for the one game I play on desktop (Squad) and on my laptop the better battery life.

>no CPU bound games
nigga what

It's not but I've accepted intel shills will never shut the fuck up about 10 FPS @ 1080p with their imaginary 1080TIs.

Damn, that's a hell of an upgrade!

>Intel
>i9
Just get a fucking threadripper at that point

Attached: 1534010845751.jpg (1575x889, 373K)

I went 486DX2 66MHz, Cyrix K6 366Mhz, Celeron 1.4ghz, Pentium 4 2.8Ghz, Athlon 64 3700+ @2.5Ghz, Core 2 Duo E6420, Phenom II 840, Core 2 Quad Q6600, i7 870, i5 2400, and soon will likely be Ryzen 5 1600.

I only use my desktop for games.

Is the I-9 compatible with current z370 motherboards?

What do you use your non-desktop for?
Yes.

Wasn't 12 core TR only 250?

Yeah, but some will probably need a BIOS update.

And you can use air cooling instead of water cooling with a room radiator and a pool pump

>9900k is a downgrade in every situation for those people.
How is it a downgrade?

It brings 2 more cores, and even higher boost clocks, and it's soldered also

>posting GPU limited benchmarks for comparing CPU's
Nobody is this retarded right...

>wants more cores
>not getting the 2700x or threadripper
>pulls out mommies CapitalOne Platinum

Attached: 1534093421076.png (625x773, 111K)

>1080p
>1080 To
>low settings
>muh futureproofing for new GPUs whilst replacing CPU every 2 years anyway
gtfo

It's going to clock lower because more cores=more heat. Soldered is why it has higher stock boost clocks, but it doesn't do anything when any serious 8700k owner has delidded.

If anything the difference will be minimal, say 5.1-5.2GHz vs 5.2-5.3GHz but this will be achieved without delidding and with greater multi thread performance.

This meme should be updated thanks to overclocked Xeon fail

>He doesnt even have a Zen+ in that chart

The point is to actually have strong single-core performance in that multi-core package, not just a "moar cores" meme.

Attached: Intel5.jpg (960x674, 48K)

>school got out a couple hours ago
>everyone leaves Jow Forums to fuck with dumb kids on /b/
/thread

>450 for 8-core, 16 thread
Nope

Its going to be 400 or 410-425...430 at max

7700k = 305 dollarydoos
8700k = 360 dollarydoos

Intel knows they cannot price these CPUs absurdly as before since it will be compared to the 2700X that cost like 330

It will shit on the 2700X but not that much

Intel has to maintain their margins or shareholders get angry. Higher core count means lower yields, lower yields means higher prices.

If they charge 450 or even higher people would just buy the 12-core Threadripper at 600

They'll never lower their price but they won't charge as high anymore

Long answer? No. Short answer? No. Actual useful response? If you are a gayman buy the 8700k. If you are not a gayman buy AMD. If you want to be a gayman and not be completely useless when doing other stuff , buy AyyMD.

Also, even the 8700k might become unjustified. Now that intel knows it is losing the core wars, they will start paying devs and companies to optimize for more cores. AMD has the edge on that regard, so they are damned if they increase multi-core core performance, and damned if they don't. And the current difference between specs in gaming is also unjustified yet, as in a 8700k, you are getting less cores and less capabilities for a maximum 10% improvement in FPS, and sometimes even less performance than a ryzen on AMD titles, which while few, goes to show there isn't a justification towards buying intel anymore even if you REAAALLY want that extra 5 FPS, as you might not even get that much, and will be crippled everywhere else (shit overclocking capabilities because of the need of delidding,more robust cooling to be able to get the full performance, no ECC support, no NVMe raid, less PCIe lanes, no overclocking on cheaper boards,shit multicore performance which in turn means shit productivity and less multi-tasking capabilities etc.). I wouldn't buy intel now, even less inclined when Ryzen 3000 is just around the corner.

Remember kiketel shills, 4 Xeon cores = 1 Epyc core

Ryzen is the best Intel CPU ever made.

Attached: 1525554090644.jpg (1079x784, 161K)

Attached: 1447161347847.jpg (1846x1923, 607K)

Intel can't lose their 60% gross margins or their shareholders will have their asses. They're charging twice as much or more for the same or lower core count everywhere else, they'd rather lose market share than margins.

I'm getting the odd feeling that I'm not going to have to through out my 6 cores, 12 threads any time soon.

It's is clown
You can say whatever you want about tr productive and value however zen massive latency cant beat coffee lake on gaming it's not even a question. Not even meltdown stolen that position

It's the reason 9900k will probably harbor near 450-500$.
Solder will reduce yields even more