Just absolutely BOMBED a technical interview, AMA

just absolutely BOMBED a technical interview, AMA

Attached: 1531736041918.jpg (750x738, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catenary
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What were you asked?
What didn't you know?

i dont get it what is causing a potential difference between the screws ?

how to find duplicate values in an array
(mumbled and forget literally everything)

Very bad and dangerous wiring mistake. Someone wired the electrical connection to the mounting screws.

Attached: l2T4n[1].jpg (450x355, 47K)

create a dictionary, iterate through array adding to dictionary, and look for collision

?

Screw's been painted over, wouldn't you notice going over it with a wet brush?

yeah that or hashing. I told him double for loop like a retard

>walk into technical interview
>little do they know i memorized the solutions to all 189 questions of Cracking the Coding Interview 6th Edition

Attached: 1513622741792.jpg (249x225, 14K)

Sort and look for runs.

On one hand, how can one fail so bad.
On the other hand, craftsmen are often fucking drunkards, so how come this isn't designed with absolute idiots in mind?

wall outlets are 240V tho

Not everywhere. How can you not know this? How can you live in a 240V country and not be aware of other countries existing?

No, it's not that easy to notice at all.

It took me several months to figure out my computer PSU was broken causing my entire case to be at 110V.
Shit crashed randomly and sometimes refused to boot.
But I didn't feel anything until I touched both the case and a radiator at the same time.

*blocks your path*

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

What is you method of handling this kind of failure/rejection?
Essentially, what are your current plans and feelings on the matter.

Is it 40m?
t. naive guess

Wouldn't the poles need to be right next to eachother for an 80m cable to go down and back up 40m

what about the curvature of the earth? what about wind?

Fuarking this.

Sort -u to get rid of them in bash my dude

Attached: 8gomn.jpg (490x355, 24K)

>collapse the polls
>there is overlap
>at LEAST 100 meter distance
>80m cable is not taught
What planet is this and what is Amazon trying to do there?

irrelevant once you have the correct answer
(spoiler: the poles are 40m apart you fucking mouthbreathers)

the diagram isn't to scale

they are 0m apart sorry for the typo
poles are touching
no homo

56???

>It took me several months to figure out my computer PSU was broken causing my entire case to be at 110V.
Do you live in 3rd world or are you just retarded? I'm going with the later because some things don;t add up about your post.

Yeah I was gonna say around 60
They probably just want to weed out whoever answers 80

When will you bra inlets learn.

Attached: it's 6 inches with a weight of 3 stone.png (1280x720, 554K)

oops.

Attached: it's 6 inches with a weight of 3 stone.png (1280x720, 573K)

Shouldn't this take a bit longer?

There's literally nothing wrong with his post. You're the one who doesn't understand what's implied. You don't even know how to use a semicolon.

If you don't have electric plugs with grounding your computer case is going to be floating ground. Which means it's going to have some potential relative to the environment.

Why do I even pay for Prime? You incompetent fucks.

Attached: amazon.png (1280x720, 194K)

Fucking kekked

You're hired

that's not incorrect though

my non cs friend thought the general case version they present at the start was the interview question and I could not figure out a way to solve it that did not involve a set of physics equations you couldn't be expected to know. once I saw that the 80m cable version it made a lot more sense. the whole channel is pretty much clickbait for pseudointellectuals and expect you to make a lot of random assumptions because of poor phrasing.

I failed a code test the other day. Front end Javascript, timed test, I was asked to write a function that would take two arguments, each being a string of a CSS path e.g. "div .wrapper a" and the function has to work out which is more weighted so which CSS would get applied.
e.g.
theFunction( '#header div p', 'body .wrapper ul li' );

I ended up writing a massive tree of if statements but even that didn't work. Even now I can't think of a way of properly satisfying it because if you have two css selectors with equal weighting it's the position in the file that determines which is applied.

I feel like I could never pass a front end interview. Aside from not liking front end to begin with I feel like there's so much random shit you have to remember that you would normally just use a reference for.

the poles must be in the exact same spot. The cable is 40m long on both sides and has to reach 40m into the air (relatively), so the only way that's possible if it goes straight up.

holy shit you are some dummies, the posts have to be in the same spot in order for a 80 m folded in half cable to hang 10 m above a 50m pole

He's probably American

It's retarded because it's O(n^2), while sorting the list and then iterating through it to check for duplicates is only O(n*log(n)).

That would make sense, except it doesn't because America is not a 240V country.

Casting aside the obvious, that going down and up the same as your length means the distance is zero, sometimes under pressure such things aren't obvious. You should still be able to figure it out using math. If you did even a simple approximation using Pythagoras's theorum you'd find that the hypotenuse and height are the same, so the base must be zero. That gives you a damn good hint.

The exact answer can be found by knowing the cable is hanging like half a sinusoid. The full wave height is 80 and the curve length is 80 so the frequency must be infinite. The poles are on top of each other as λ = 0. If the frequency was less than infinity you could solve for it and find the distance as half the wavelength.

Almost all residences in the US receive 240V. It's converted to 120V before being wired to the rest of your house for appliances. A lot of garages and such will have a couple 240V outlets, though.

Garages, kitchens, basements, and outdoor have at least one 240V socket

Sure. I might be an electrician, but how can someone fuck up that bad?

Somebody who is as retarded as this is not referring to that. Besides, have you ever seen a 240V outlet controlled by a standard light switch? Of course not.

it's not converted... 110v outlets just use one phase of the two 110v phases that come into the house. Outlets that are 220v are just connected to both 110v phases.

WHAT IF THE POLES ARENT ON THE SAME LEVEL??

Problem says nothing about that. You can assume a spherical cow of uniform density with a radius of 1.

Wrong. They are 120/240 in US.

Black female (Queen) here, all they asked me is "when can you start?"

>the diagram isn't to scale
absolute bullshit.
>how big is this circle?
>SURPISE IT'S ACTUALLY A TRIANGLE

what? how are the weights determined?

>having to ground the switches
>having to twist wires around screw
>very exposed electric parts

heh

haha

truly underrated

It's my firs-
Fuck it, I can do better/worse

Attached: 128194.jpg (640x480, 35K)

Fucking retard.

Welcome to the land of the free where the rules are made up and consumers don’t matter.

kek

Attached: 70C.jpg (460x613, 27K)

yeah, that's an auto fail.

What the fuck? Explain.

This. The diagram is misleading, there cannot be any distance between the poles.

Wow! That's some KBR level shit.

This image just says they're 80m apart too.

Found the globalist.

I would say around 12.6m.
If I cut the diagram in two and consider the right part, the cable elevates itself for 40m.
As an approximation, let's say it follows a parabole (which may or may not be the case, but it's a parabolic and a better approximation than nothing)
We now have x2 = 40, so x is roughly 6.3m long.
Double that to have the other length, and you got 12.6m.

If anyone has the correct answer, I am interested as well.

Hire this man, Amazon

It's both 0 and 80. What part of 'not to scale' did you not understand?

lmao

Attached: 1503713854849.jpg (807x802, 74K)

How can it be 80 when the cable's closer to the ground in the middle than at the tops of the poles?

>technical interviews
Thank God I went into a real career instead of being an overeducated code monkey so I never have to go through that bullshit

Probably forgot electrical tape over the switch. Not an electrician myself, but I saw electricians taping up the connections to the switch. Guessing something happened with that

If I had to guess, electricity is flowing through the metal tubing. Sometimes possible. I remember big clive talked about dumping pretty much the equivalent of an electric heater in the bathtub so he can get a hot bath
Then immediately after that, he talked about why you shouldn't do that and you can potentially kill the entire neighborhood doing that

Maybe the ground is closer to the cable...

That's a dumb interview question. It's basically just plugging in numbers if you know the math surrounding catenary curves. On the other hand, if you don't know it, it's basically impossible to say anything intelligent about it.

Looks like it's a great question to me based on how many brainlet replies it's received in this thread.

As someone who's been through several tech interviews, the hardest part is realizing that I have other data structures available. For some reason, I always want to write the solution as a helper function for a data structure.

It's "spherical cow of uniform density with a radius of 0".