GPU miners on suicide watch?

Who else here plans to finally buy a 1080 Ti and enjoys immensely watching miner fags post GPUs on local classified sites, reposting ads it every few days and lowering the price each time, while claiming they are not in hurry to sell and that cards were never used for mining.
Prime example of faggot here, just over 2 weeks ago he wanted $850 for it KEK
kijiji.ca/v-computer-components/edmonton/msi-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-directx-12-gtx-1080-ti-aero-11g-oc-11gb/1375282083?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Attached: 1080.jpg (425x323, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/Mining-Rig-Nvidia-GPU-GTX-1080-ti-Everything-included-and-set-up/273404904494?hash=item3fa833c42e:g:ZCAAAOSw22VbTz55
mega.nz/#!r5FD0I7Q!ORpaR_RyfGF6jGPEJtaCSeuspGTCo1ivHaG2TJzr4OI
dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/sys/d/nvidia-1080ti-1070ti-monster/6664179083.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Going to wait for prices to really bottom out. I work in scientific research (ie shit that actually has a benefit to humanity and society), and I'm glad legitimate users of GPU tech will finally get a chance to use what should have always been available to begin with.

>.ca
LEAFS BE GONE

Attached: images_1.jpg (241x210, 11K)

Holy fuck is that actually a thing?

This, I do esports for a living and I think it's unacceptable to have these cards out of reach for many professionals.

why the fuck would you buy a 1080ti when next generation is around the corner?

Dude are u retarded? No esport game need that much power

With AMD still so behind and 1080 Ti still being super powerful I don't expect new gen to be significantly better. It will lower the price of previous gen though.

Even if he streams high resolutions?

Sorry burger but most degeneracy comes from USA, we play second fiddle to your east and west coast. That whole SJW and antifa shit started in USA.

Oh man I can't wait, I actually need 1080ti's for password cracking, gonna pick up 8 of these mofo's when the price fully bottoms out.

>Dude are u retarded?
>esports professionals

I wonder...

Attached: 18 - HEBDF0I.jpg (960x1280, 411K)

>a-are memes real?
no, but autism is

Actually streaming does, most pros sign contracts that require streaming daily

>buying gpu now

Attached: 017.jpg (748x1742, 236K)

Elaborate?
Nice digits though.

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

Yes, it's called bill c-16 and an extrajudicial kangaroo court called the Human Rights Tribunal will interpret your wrongful use of pronouns -- WHETHER INTENTIONAL OR NOT -- as offenses which will be fined. Refusal to pay this fine can result in salary/asset seizure or jail, meaning you can end up as a political prisoner in Canada for unintentionally using the wrong pronouns.

This is not a fucking joke and this bill has been passed on a federal level a long time ago. It has already resulted in Maoist like oppression. See Lindsay Shepard.

There's a special place in hell reserved for these ""people""

Not that user, but we all know the new geforce cards will be out before this months end. You would have to be a retard to buy a used 1080 Ti for anything over $600 right now.

I already have a 1070 that is close to 2 years old. I imagine I'll upgrade in about 3 or 4 years to 4k and whatever cool gpu is out.

RTX 2080 won't be better than 1080ti. The RTX Titan will be the 1080ti's competitor and it'll cost thousands of dollars. JUST

Are you retarded? The 780 was more powerful than the original Titan, the 980 was more powerful than the 780 Ti (and Titan Black) and the 1080 was more powerful than the 980 Ti (and Titan X) Why would they make a card slower than the 1080 Ti? At worst it will be slightly slower than the Titan V.

all the leaks point to the 2080 being faster than the 1080 but not entirely worth it if you have a 1080ti and the RTX Titan will eclipse the 1080ti.

Unfortunately correct

One could argue that the 1080 wasn't a worthwhile upgrade over the 980 ti either. The 1080 was faster for sure, but many people with 980 Ti's couldn't justify shelling out for a 1080 since they just bought a GM-200.

who is this slampig?

Yeah everything is relative.
I went from an HD 7870 myst to a GTX 1070. A great upgrade.

Must suck if you have money to always have the best. Instead of waiting to save up money you have to wait for the tech to advance.

Streaming is cpu bound

1080ti probably wont be worth it when the new cards come out in a couple of weeks

>NIVIDIA TELEMETRY
HOW DO I STOP NIVIDIA FROM SPYING ON ME

Attached: 1510334472794.jpg (444x470, 40K)

Use AMD instead

AMD also have telemetry

>.ca
kys faggot

X
I feel new cards will be marginally better

Back to Jow Forums incel

that could be the case but nvidia likes to lock features on their newer cards, that ray casting stuff could be big, no one knows what the specs will be, what it will be like, what it will take, how much it will cost, no one knows anything except that current gen will be worse, so it is very stupid not to wait one or two weeks to get to know all of that

No one said I am not gonna wait. Once the new ones come out faggot miners will be probably lucky to get 400 maple bucks for 1080ti

Attached: Capture_1.png (1867x746, 2.17M)

They're going for $500 now on ebay. And the other day ebay had 15% off putting a used 1080ti at $425. Next time ebay has their 15% off day, cards should be even cheaper. That'll be the time to buy

How common is the 1060 6 for mining?
Would rather get one of those than a 1080 because of budget and necessity.

1070Ti's are on sale here for less than 1070's where going for about 3 months ago. Thank god crypto niggers are dieing off.

no 1080 ti sold for 425 that day. I think the lowest was $550

dude, who the fuck cares?

just grab a board with 4 way crossfire and get 4 480 RX's

gtx 2060 when?

REMINDER 7NM GPUS ARE COMING OUT IN A FEW MONTHS

That you can opt-out of when you install

hint: they arent really 7nm

I've kept an eye on RX580/570s for a while, and they've dropped around 35-40%. On Gumtree (aussie craigslist), im seeing RX580s for around sub $400-$350. Sometimes cheaper.

There's a RX570 for $200. Good buy or no?

Because it will take at least a year or two, or until the next generation for that matter, for ray tracing to really become the norm in games.

So unless there's some cool new cooler design in the 1180 series, I'll probably just cop a 1080 Strix for $300 USD or lower.

>enjoys immensely watching miner fags post GPUs on local classified sites
Well it's all nice and shit but do you really think buying miners stuff is a good idea? Sure with newer gen GPUs it's relatively safer to go for a used GPU but the difference is unlike miners your regular gamer Billy Joe do not running his hardware at 100% load 24/7.

I am a motha fuking leaf and I say fuck all you Jow Forumstards in this thread and shave ma motha fuKinG Ballz

How does one avoid getting a shitty mined card when they all lie about it being used for mining?
I dont wanna get scammed by cryptoniggers

i would not buy a used video card, because they were used in mining operations they were run at a full tilt boogie until they were over-heated and frazzled so they are not worth a shit anymore, i would rather spend a few dollars and just get a new card

How the fuck can you charge $850 for a used product that now costs $750 new

Check seller history, feedback or just check his other stuff if possible. In most cases miners are stupid enough to brag about their mining setup on the same forum, or even post photos of cards they are selling with mining racks/miming elated hardware/bunch of boxes form the same GPU on the background.

Well, I never bought any cards since the 980ti, so I’m definitely going to see a performance increase.

It isn’t, every time Nvidia buys a patent, developers stop using the tech.
Guaranteed that less than 1 in 20 games will use raycasting, especially since PlayStations are AMD slaves.

mined cards are a non issue
it depends on the person, be it regular user or miner
the amount of stress the gpu is going to have seen will be comparable all in all, but again it depends on the individual case
bottom line, buy on ebay and abuse the refund service if anything dissatisfies you

After many years my 560ti shit the bed. Am out of the GPU Loop, but really need a new one. What should i get?

You're wrong. I saw plenty for $500 before the code. Always search for newly listed and check often. That's where the cheapest things will be when searching ebay

Sold my rx 580 8gb nitro for $600 back in January. Bought another 580 the other day for $270.

I figure I would not have gotten better next gen performance at that $/performance value.

thats a dumb question to ask without saying how much money you have to spend. buy a used 1080ti for $550 used 1070 for $350 or a used 1060 3gb for like $150

Then again nvidia is announcing new shit on the 20th so its kinda a dumb time to buy unless its dirt cheap and used so maybe score a gtx 770 for like $60-70

They don't run the cards at 100%, neither nVidia nor AMD. Reason is power consumption/efficiency.

Sometimes it amazes me how people go through so much trouble, months without graphics card, just to potentially earn a few hundred bucks.

I had a gtx 670 2gb and played a backlog of older titles.

Are you some salty bankrupt miner that sold his hardware at a loss after a misadventure with crypto?

>I work in scientific research (ie shit that actually has a benefit to humanity and society)

which field?

no you absolute fucking mongoloid

Miners who live in their Moms basement definitely run it 100% cos they don't pay the bill

To a company/university even inflated prices shouldn't matter much. Unless we are talking large clusters ofc. Availability is a different matter.
Also, what company/uni worth its salt buys used gear unless in special cases? (although my uni bought a used electron microscope for teaching purposes - worked fine for that but for 'real' work I used the newer/better one we also had)

kek
ebay.co.uk/itm/Mining-Rig-Nvidia-GPU-GTX-1080-ti-Everything-included-and-set-up/273404904494?hash=item3fa833c42e:g:ZCAAAOSw22VbTz55

crypto was a mistake

mega.nz/#!r5FD0I7Q!ORpaR_RyfGF6jGPEJtaCSeuspGTCo1ivHaG2TJzr4OI

wasis?

dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/sys/d/nvidia-1080ti-1070ti-monster/6664179083.html

I wonder how many of these rigs this guy has? What if the Cryptomeme was just some bullshit made up by the GPU manufacturers to create an entirely new market for their products this whole time?

Sorry can't hear you over the sound of dogs getting blowjobs.

Attached: 1534184441770.jpg (1600x2560, 334K)

I've discovered that my 980 cannot reliably output 4k(even 2D) after buying 4k monitor.
Not much choice in my case.

Y-you got any more of trhis good stuff. My sides are slowly but surely getting more split

Research of what?

Why the fuck would you waste money buying the 1080 TI when the new RTX flagship card will probably be better at a probably slightly higher price? Not to mention the fact that the RTX series will have GDDR6 AND making Ray Tracing easier, the latter finally making graphics take a very noticeable leap forwards.

im with a 650 ti boost
tell me about it

It really sucked because my new shiny monitor was effectively unusable.

That's a lot of dolphins

Attached: 1529228666155.jpg (1121x1066, 181K)

Medicine

There is no way in hell we are buying used given how many bitcoin miners, gaymurrs and other cheats there are and how badly they infest eBay.

No amount of money will help if there is nothing to buy.

Attached: LG9zT0S[1].jpg (1100x721, 400K)

Not that extreme, but yes it is illegal to use the wrong pronouns in Canada

Attached: 1516516150328-pol.jpg (1200x1000, 78K)

>most degeneracy comes from USA

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1543x868, 167K)

Doesn't really matter what % they run them at. You're still very likely to get a card that has worn out fans due to the 24/7 operation, which in turn might have caused all kinds of heat damage.
I personally wouldn't buy them unless there's a very hefty discount included.

just buy a new gpu goy

Aha...
Google Desmond Naples.
Prepare to outraged, or aroused if you are pedo like most of your ruling class and media.

Attached: pedophilia.jpg (634x878, 67K)

Hello, Dr. Peterson.

Fans are fairly easy to replace if the deal is good enough.

As long as the seller has sold more than 4 or 5 it.s highly doubtful that's would be the case.

bitcoin has recovered all loses, you will never get a cheap gpu now, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

gpu mining will never be profitable. Others must be retarded to buy all new GPU for mining because of the mining difficulty. It will take long times to make a currency.