Linux is a meme system

Every Linux distribution is a meme OS only used by virgins, nerds and hipsters.

Meanwhile, the superior system (Windows) just werks. I know it's a meme around here, but it's true. It just works, without any faggotry; that's why people with actual lives outside the computer use Windows.

Accept it, Jow Forums.

Attached: Windows and meme system.jpg (686x521, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=B5oO0PT_-Ao
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Windows_10
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Haha well done friend, kindly enjoy your (you) :)

> It just works, without any faggotry
Uh-huh. This is why I clean out tons of garbage out of work laptops while our junior sysadmin is on vacation. Chrome miner extensions, adware, toolbars, suspicious software and services - damn, I forgot how to do all that maintenance working with Linux distros in the last two years.

>Upgrade to winblows 10
>Errythings fine for a while
>Start getting some error about missing files after a (mandatory) update
>Google it, 0 results
>"Ooookay but it looks like everything is still working"
>Days go by
>Steam gaymes stop launching
>Start menu stops working (possibly something to do with Cortana not working? Why the fuck are those two things even related?)
>Systems slowly stops working
>"Fuck it, I'm done"
>Install Loonix
Yeeeeah, Windows, it just """"""""""werks""""""""""

Thank you virginbro.
You can avoid all that just by not being retarded.
Idk, you should have called a professional. Windows works.

> you should have called a professional
> (Windows) just werks

Everything, everything can fail. For the majority, Windows works.

I'd argue that Linux Mint and Ubuntu are the best OS for "just werks".
Both are easy to install and work well.

Windows
>bloatware
>windows antivirus slows down the machine

Mint and Ubuntu
>no bloat
>no need for antivirus because there are almost no viruses for linux.

Other distros could be easy, but these are the only two I'm familiar with.

>bumping

Attached: brainlet33.png (245x206, 6K)

I must admit, Ubuntu is the nearest distribution to the Windows' superiority.
You mad, nerd?

Windows doesn't ''just work''. If anything Ubuntu ''just werks'' more than Windows does. Windows is just the mainstream because it has been pre-installed on every goddamn computer in the world. Microsoft has built a monopoly aroound this fact with computers.

>If anything Ubuntu ''just werks'' more than Windows does
This. The only thing I've ever had issues with in Ubuntu is bluetooth. And when something does inevitably go wrong, Linux actually has decent error logging so you can normally fix it fairly easily.

Got arguments?

youtube.com/watch?v=B5oO0PT_-Ao

>Tfw don't want to use windows but I play too many niche games that I can't easily look up proper configuration for on wine.

coat your insides with a nice layer of bleach

Haha my friend, sage in the email field disregards the bump feature! :)
But you cannot see it, haha, clever
Best regards

Switch to Windows bro.
Fine, no arguments then. Have a good one.

>Switch to Windows bro.
I'm running Dual Boot Windows/Ubuntu
I would never use Windows if it weren't for the games. Ubuntu just werks better, and actually gives me control when I want to take the reigns.

Yet the majority complains about it, has ver10 marketshare even succeded ver7 by now?

Dual booting windows10 and gnu plus linux.
the only time I boot up windows is too run updates now and then.
The only reason I kept windows is because I'm too ((cheap)) to delete an os I paid for when I bought a prebuilt.

Attached: derp.gif (600x600, 237K)

This but unironically.

loonix will always be a meme

>the majority complains about it
Care to back that claim up?

linux fucking sucks, i dont understand why there are still people on Jow Forums shilling for it

you cant even simply download .exe setup file for 7-zip, it expects you to do some bizarre voodoo in command-line

the fuck

>be OP
>fail to install the easiest system on the planet
>get an autistic fit about it and cry for an hour while smashing things
>try to blame someone else about it
>create a thread in Jow Forums saying that anyone who didn't fail with it is a nerd and a virgin and you didn't want those grapes anyway
Accept it, OP.

>sudo apt install p7zip

Are you 7 op?

Attached: alpolctl3z611.jpg (800x600, 53K)

why the fuck cant i just download the program from their website? how am i supposed to know these words?

it makes no sense

>Please install Microsoft Vindows

> why the fuck cant i just download the program from their website?
You can, I did that recently with unrar.
> how am i supposed to know these words?
You should know how these programs are called anyway.

>You should know how these programs are called anyway.
how?

why is linux so unnecessarily complicated? microsoft windows shows it can be done normally

>too lazy to learn and would rather be watching TV all day

you can't just tell people to "switch to windows", we are all done with that .oh you have updates... stuff, terrible support, and sell all of our information to Microsoft and call them "good"

Actually give it a shot before ranting and calling it trash for good bumps already

Tell me something good about Windows and I'll tell you that there is a better alternative

Attached: IMG_20180812_001832.jpg (168x168, 6K)

apt-cache search 7zip

> how?
What do you mean, "how"? How do you know how 7zip is called?

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW ALL THIS

>Idk, you should have called a professional. Windows works.
I am the professional. I am the only called to fix stuff. If i call a professional he will laugh at me for being a fucking brainlet.
Let me guess - you cannot fuck your wife well and you call a professional to do it?
I will not be cucked by a computer like you want me to.

>Tell me something good about Windows
it just works

i dont have to open some fucking ancient command line bullshit, i click shit, it does shit, shit gets done

Are you a boomer, by any chance?

read a tutorial or have someone teach you

>Mint and Ubuntu
>no bloat

Attached: 1461630666849.png (1000x1000, 78K)

>Windows
>just werks

Pick one.

Ask me how I know you're an amerifat who only speaks english.

Hi, I'm OP. I'm back from having a successful life, just catching aa breather on this forum.

Have you installed Windows yet, virginbros?

No, I'm OP. Dumbass.

Why would i willingly install a botnet on my computer?

OP here, I really care about what OS other people are using and I can't stop sucking cocks in my spare time. Ask me anything.

Lol, who are you buddies? Haha

Attached: I'm OP.jpg (174x112, 10K)

WHY NOT JUST SUPPORT DOWNLOADING AND CLICKING ON THE GODDAMN EXE FILE LIKE NORMAL OPERATING SYSTEMS

oh look someone that has never used a GNU/Linux distro in their life.

I guess he hasn't because they're kind of retarded, wouldn't you think?

Man pages and history command got me through the tough times. I've been using linux for ten years and still don't know anything beyond basic stuff.Why? Because the average user doesn't need to know any complex commands. Especially now. Linux has come a long way in terms of easy, if you just want to do everyday things.

It's not normal, it's the way you're used to.
Every exe either contains all of its dependencies (=statically linked) or relies on some other software in your system (think DirectX, .NET, etc). In the past, that caused DLL hell (read on it) due to dependencies being not compatible with older versions of user software. Linux solved it with package managers.

>fresh install of windows
>immediately starts crashing
>just works

Attached: 1365798340.96625444.png (600x422, 381K)

do something in the command line on Linux and tell me its "ancient" then, if you are comparing with the windows command prompt... no, just stop, that one can't get anything done.

On Linux btw, apt is a package manager on most distros, install of going online to download crap, you can use a GRAPHICAL package manager to install stuff

or you can use the command line

why do the mods delete actual discussion threads but leave obvious bait like this? It's already well established that windows 10 is the worse thing from m$ since vista and linux has its own well documented limitations and issues.

just use whatever werks for you, less normies on linux is a good thing anyway they will just ruin it like everything else.

Attached: windows-10-is-a-good-and-cool-operating-system.png (1665x1561, 215K)

Why do I need to screw around with downloading executables when I can just type in a couple of lines of code into the terminal, pull the application from a repo and start installing the second it finishes downloading? None of this "InstallShield Wizard" bot installer bullshit.

And that's to say nothing of the Software Center that the more user-friendly distros come with where it is literally as push-button as it gets.

Daily reminder that Ubuntu had an app store two years before Apple convinced every sheep-brained retard out there that they "invented" theirs.

he is not wrong tho

linux is trash

You must be doing something wrong.

Build a Hackintosh or buy a Mac.

Attached: hackintosh-logo-big.jpg (1600x1548, 255K)

Attached: OP.png (225x225, 10K)

He is.

He installed Windows.

Jokes on you nerdboy, I'm not american.

here you go op
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Windows_10

Op knows the truth

Attached: x.png (316x300, 211K)

Linux does support point and click, you tard.

/thread

Finally switching to Linux for my home server. It's amazing how it *actually* uses 0% resources when idle, unlike Windows which does so much shit in the background wasting my hardware.

OP here, you a Linux shill.

Enjoy your resource heavy spyware uhh I mean "superior system"

OP here, check my 5 before I choke on this fat dick.

OP here, I use my computer while sitting on my dad's cock.