I don't get it. Intel has literally billions more dollars to spend on R&D, they have more world-renowned experts...

I don't get it. Intel has literally billions more dollars to spend on R&D, they have more world-renowned experts, they have every reason to be wiping the floor with AMD

Yet they're getting their asses handed to them. Why? How does this happen?

Attached: intel vs amd.jpg (1280x720, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=2990wx-linux-windows&num=2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

laws
it is not advantageous to them to release an incredebly good cpu priced perfectly because it is more profitable to slightly lead the race in a constant way
it's not like they put complete monopoly on all the technology and science that goes into making cpus

Intel got lazy and complacent for too long. AMD was not competitive until Ryzen came out.

AMD got Jim Keller a few years ago, Lisa Su is not an ordinary Western woman with degree in music.

>slightly lead the race in a constant way
But Intel's been behind AMD for almost a year and a half now, and Intel's been clearly desperate to pull ahead again - half baked products, obviously non-real-world demos, delay after delay.

They can't keep up anymore, and haven't been able to in a while. There must be something else causing Intel to crash this hard.

Intel doesn't really tend toward innovating much. Instead, they seem to prefer refining things that already exist.

>AMD is Indians
Where did this meme even start? Intel has way more pajeets by capita.

they fucked up designing and implementing the 10nm process
meanwhile, after the bulldozer fiasco, AMD decided to scrap globalfoundries, which allowed them to select other suppliers, and also allowed glofo to get new partnerships. AMD got lucky, intel got fucked.

This is why

Attached: 1512717712528_0.png (1400x1608, 286K)

>tfw this has been the case for 20 years
jesus fucking christ

>billions more dollars to spend on R&D
Because they're spending it all on faggot/wimin outreach programs instead.

AMD has wypipo. The upper management is a based chink woman who is inherently different from your average white woman/americanized asians/Black dindus, along with indians. Basically the indians are the handicap, as the pajeet who made Vega a disaster. But mother Su leads the company with an iron fist, a company comprised of moar wypipol than the pajeet infested intel (read as incel). Why is this even a question?

Attached: .jpg (1280x720, 71K)

>pajeet who made Vega a disaster
How is Vega a disaster? Vega on the 2400 is pretty ok.

They've been hit with multiple anti-comp lawsuits

They're walking on thin ice

It also does not make sense for Intel to squash AyyyMD

Attached: f6HXjeUvH2dSLKJ6.jpg (1373x1006, 118K)

Yeah but what you don't realize here is that monolithic shit is basically dead, intel will have to glue cpus, thus introducing more latency. It doesn't matter what intel does, they're in a corner.

based and redpilled

I've been wondering that myself

the cash reserves and the R&D are what pulled Intel ahead in the Core 2 era with the 45nm process (and high-k dielectrics). I thought they'd never be caught after that, but their lead narrowed because of the limits of Moore's law. I didn't think they'd blow away their lead without serious strategic mistakes.

Because intel is a bank with a tech Departement wheres amd is an actual IT Company

Intel became lazy. 1-5 % changes, new sockets every year. AMD had enough time to come back and they obviously did with a post-2020 technology. Its a similar situation than in the early 2000s now, Low core count but 5 GHz or massive multithreading. Ryzen gets better with every generation. Intel still produces monolithic designs that are too expensive to produce, they are still more mature currently, but this will end when 12-16 cores become mainstream (2019-20).

tfw single threaded performance hasn't even increased 50% since I bought my 2500k.
90% of people buy the latest "because muh cores" and never use it to its full potential. Essentially wasting loads of money for no reason.

There is a use. I had a 3550 in my HTPC previously, it isn't sluggish anymore with my Ryzen 1700. I can comfortably convert movies / videos and unzip or zip large archives now. The i5 was always on 100 % when doing so and multiple tasks shuttered.

A 2500K should be still sufficient for basic office tasks and 2010 era gaymes.

Are you that guy?

>Intel has literally billions more dollars to spend on R&D
If by "R&D" You mean "That fag from big bang theory, buzzwords and fags" then yes, yes they have.

I thought that for a long time but I believe the real issue was hubris, as described here .

>momma su is AMD's Asian tiger mom
kek

Nah, AMD just has the funding from being in bed with the chinks which are churning out what are literally Epyc clones.

The Epyc clone deal was recent, though. They'd need to RnD Zen before even thinking of a deal.

Intel also have King Poojeet and their future CEO will most likely be a one too

Attached: Raja-Koduri-Joins-Intel-2060x1471.jpg (2060x1471, 300K)

My 2500k is almost never at 100%. Except when converting and unzipping... which consists of a tiny fraction of the overall time spent on my machine. Gaming at 1080p is still perfect... Fortnite, Overwatch, GTA 5 etc. Not sure what you mean about sluggish. Opening games, browsers, Office... it's all very snappy and responsive.

SOCKET CHANGE A YEAR KEEPS THE GOYIM IN FEAR

Attached: 1447161347847.jpg (1846x1923, 607K)

Intel has a massively higher R&D budget, but:
They operate their own fabs
They have a cell modem division
Their small core team had to work in tandem with the Xeon Phi team

intel's fabs always took the majority of their R&D budget. Big core X86 actually never had that much money thrown at it, at least not in recent years. They just struck gold with one core arch and stuck with it and now that cash cow is running dry.
They could increase R&D expenditures at any point, but that would mean some exec gets a smaller bonus at the end of the year, and that isn't going to happen unless someone comes in and shakes thing up. Their management is a mess, the company doesn't have clear direction.

You don't run current AAA titles or work while converting. I do it a lot. So it may suffice for you, but its good that you get 8C/16T at the price point of a i5 now.

Retarded management, same shit that almost killed AMD.

Intels biggest investment over the last few years was in diversity programs.

But the i3 can literally run any game at highest settings on 60FPS

Attached: build5.png (1339x563, 138K)

Virtue signal moves like that are going to put big companies in the ground if they’re not careful. Nothing is gonna run a company in the ground faster than hiring people based on race and gender over their ability.

>really interesting posts from someone who at least looks like they know what they're talking about
>some stupid redditor's unfunny wojak/jew shitpost and decade old old housefire maymay tacked on the end that adds literally nothing to the discussion and ultimately dumbs down the message
why

And yet there's a company who doesn't do this and even has a female Asian CEO which wipes the floor with Intel. The media, usually so thirsty for female tech success stories totally ignore it, though. Really gets those noggings joggin.

Amd did a really good job on the memory gimped housefire. The 16/32 noncrippled thread ripper for 850 looks nice though

Attached: gigawatt.png (1281x720, 491K)

I doubt there is a game I couldn't run with reasonable graphics settings. I do understand that I don't have the wiggle room as some of the more current CPUs, however, even SEVEN years down the line, I am by no means limited on a frequent basis.
I can foresee certain instances where I might be slowed when it comes to converting/rendering but those things are never really on my agenda.
Anyways, my original point was that a majority of users are not power users such as yourself. Yet they waste hundreds of dollars on a CPU they have no real world use for.

Praising Asians don't net you SJW points though.

she's not a "real" brown person or a tryhard obsessed white woman so she doesn't make for good clickbait

It doesn't matter how many times you post that picture - Intel lost this generation, they lost last generation, and they're fixing to lose in 2019/2020 as well.

Funny how we threw the japs 70 years ago and its no big deal

>Yet they waste hundreds of dollars on a CPU they have no real world use for.
To fund the progression of technology, what kind of stupid question is that?

Windows 10 schedular is shit. Buy Windows server goyim.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=2990wx-linux-windows&num=2

Attached: A_Look_At_The_Windows_10_vs._Linux_Performance_On_AMD_Threadripper_2990WX_-_Phoronix_Forums_-_2018-0 (648x640, 49K)

This kills the amdjeet

>intel
>"progression"
okay but I'm not seeing much progression

I just said they made a nice cpu and you come at me with that gay fanboy shit. Did i not suck their dick enough for you?

Attached: 1523666906433.gif (312x390, 1.87M)

It's funny that Intel is spending money on retards like you posting on a Tibetan rug weaving BBS

>Did i not suck their dick enough for you?
You didn't suck *my* dick enough, big boi

Attached: mmmm.webm (1280x720, 1.94M)

Gotta entice people with memes

Not my screen cap but yeah its unfortunate, I'll edit it later
Nah

go back to plebbit if you can't appreciate Jow Forums culture

this, i heard papermaster gas chambered the radeon team and the streetshitter raja took his poos with him when he left.

it's not holocausting jews in the mobile business, hence failure.

>Why?
h1b labor force

>thinking post-2016 reddit migrant mouth-shitting is "Jow Forums culture"
the current wave of cancer only started with the Ryzen release riling up /v/ and Jow Forums crossboarders

>complaining about Jow Forums
quickest way to spot a newfag

exactly what the_dipshit migrants always say when someone doesn't coddle their cringy shitposting

Intel always had shit management, listen to any interview with Federico Faggin about Intel time you will see what I mean.

Wait. 32Core uses more power than 18 core?

found the Jow Forumsard

Maybe Intel will go fabless too, but that would only mean that TSMC will get even more business.

Financially, actual performance-wise, and in popularity, Intel is and always has been the winner. Keep making these threads because your videogame didn't run as well on your AMD processor that was "a way better value, it's the game's lack of support!"

AMD is fucked long term Intel will release a crazy GPUcard and CPU in 2019/2020 that work together and is ages ahead of AMD.

intel has had no competition for a decade they have been working on crazy RND shit they have purposefully not released. if you don't realize this and think last 8 years of intel CPUs where hard fought expensively improved increments that justified their price your a idiot intel relaxed and just passed it in while still charging max dollar and released basic shit and held onto cards.

This.

How new are you people. Do you really think the biggest chip manufacturer in the world is going to just put all their cards on the table at once? They've been in the game of keeping more powerful computational devices from the civilian market for decades guys. You really think they're going to release their next big line in this oversaturated, stagnant CPU market?

It's a leftover from the MSDOS era. Multithreading is crudely bolted on and basically requires deleting all your code twice and then waiting a year for Windows to give you another process.

Linux? Fork and forget.

Attached: will it blend.png (600x1353, 102K)

They're both slugs next to seL4's process creation and context switch speeds.

Because they are Jews trying to sell you the same shit every year, which worked fine when they had a monopoly.

>modern Windows
>MS-DOS
Ask me how I realized you don't deserve to be taken seriously.

Oh shit, the epic "Intel held back super sekrit godkiller chips that defy physics and will destroy AMD" meme from 2 years ago. That's a good vintage. However, don't you think they'd have mentioned these dream chips before their stock shat the bed and AMD surged? Don't you think they'd revise their slides saying 10(12)nm got delayed to 2020? Don't you think Emperor Pajeet Murthy would walk back his statements on early-gen 10nm underperforming compared to late-gen 14nm? Don't you think there'd be a hint of them saving their highest margin server hardware with these magical chips instead of reportedly admitting to partners that they won't be competitive until at least 2021?

>they have been working on crazy RND shit they have purposefully not released.

Attached: 1532688153031.gif (501x578, 12K)

intel is still shit in gayms, deal with it

Attached: poo in the joo.png (1824x1026, 431K)

Seeing how TSMC and Samsung have a FUCK ton more money to spend on R&D, Intel's fabs might actually never recover.

WH ARE THE LAWS OF PHYSICS SO ANTI-SEMITIC?

Attached: 1506977929561.png (200x200, 45K)

It gets even better when you remember Intel's track record with radical new tech.
I mean the disasters such as i860, Itanium, and Pentium 4.
The only thing Intel does right is slow incremental improvement of a decent design. The current Core i CPUs are really a direct evolution of 8086.
Even if Intel had a revolutionary new design, it would most likely suck and fail hard.

Oh boy, there's legacy shit all over the place in the supposedly "modern" Windows.

They became complacent and expected consumers to feel a sense of obligation to buy their product

The idea that money buys results is fallacious.

>Yet they're getting their asses handed to them
no

bye now!

Attached: toodle-oo.png (512x512, 195K)

Just you wait, you'll see.

The Americans are awake.

>SHUT IT DOWN

Attached: 1487297768743.jpg (960x878, 125K)

>imagine caring about companies
t. turbo autist

>fuck brand loyalty haha right goy?

>le jews amirite tee hee Xd

Attached: bored kitty.png (512x512, 178K)

i'm gonna load this image on my phone and read while sipping on some coffee in my greenhouse (it's raining outside)

>SHUT IT DOWN

Attached: 1500647453955.jpg (250x250, 9K)

>The only thing Intel does right is slow incremental improvement of a decent design

They can't even do that right. It's clear now that the much touted IPC lead that core had was due to cutting corners on proper operation, leading to shit like MELTDOWN. This was clearly a measure of desperation to catch up to the utter humilitation they suffered from AMDs Athlon, 1GHz, 64-bit, dual-core die and overall better value. But in the subsequent decade all they did was dig that hole deeper. Where AMD perhaps misguidedly pushed for tech to move to multi-core, Intel kept devs lazy and focussed on single-thread. Intel has retarded the industry time and time again, they should be killed.

>It's clear now that the much touted IPC lead that core had was due to cutting corners on proper operatio
With jews, you lose.

Jim Keller.

Legally speaking they need AMD to be alive or they would be in the scope of anti-trust laws.

And no, ARM/VIA is not a competitor outside of mobile.

>while sipping on some coffee in my greenhouse (it's raining outside)
that sounds amazing!

k

>WTF WHY DOES 32 CORE USE MORE POWER THAN 18 CORE
>AMD FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

???

Try mechwarrior online, or for that case, any CPU heavy games.

its pretty fun to see jews jew themselves out of money

Don't underestimate them. They probably know that the x86 market's days are numbered so they've probably been "investing" all those billions into shell R&D. Then when Intel goes bust they keep the monies and the IP, shareholders are stuck with the redundant fab plants which are probably albatrosses anyway.