Suckless window managers are designed to resuce config files by creating patches and inserting lines into the actual...

dwm.suckless.org

>suckless window managers are designed to resuce config files by creating patches and inserting lines into the actual code to run a make command and install, offering much less overhead

I need this power. Please. Teach me suckless doctrine, and how I can conjure the sexiest, productive, most minimal window management

Attached: dwm-20101101.png (1024x600, 55K)

make install
there

no
NO
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was trying to get this to work. I could compile it just fine but after I put in my xinitrc
x org would just crash. read through the read me and all it said was
>make clean install
>in xinitrc exec dwm
am I missing something?

bump

cool colorscheme

Checked

Just edit config.h and compile

Do yourself a favor and don't cross over into the autism dimension.

we use to have /mg/ (minimalism general) a couple of months ago here all about the minimalist and suckless philosophy. Go check one of the Jow Forums archive websites. We discussed dwm and other autistic suckless projects there.

i recommend you also try frankenwm and 2bwm both very similiar in concept to dwm

What're your opinions on i3 vs these even smaller managers?

Don't fall for the meme, OP. Those threads stopped because they were gay. Minimalist software turns you gay and makes you wear rainbow socks. You don't want that, do you?

awesomewm is a dwm fork and is better in every way.

st doesnt even have scroll by default lmao
suck""""less"""" software is just a major unusable pretentious wank. Just like ricing, it's a waste of your time.

wasted quads

yeah it does, you use less and then you can use the mouse for scrolling

LOL

try running dwm separately and check for error messages? You also might want to try typing out the full path, I atleast did that.

Depends, how comfy are the socks?

>a major unusable pretentious wank

/thread

it's a meme website, user
jokes

oh damn, witnessed

those socks are actually really comfy to wear desu...

>st doesnt even have scroll by default lmao
Yet it works way better than urxvt. In particular with xft fonts, transparencies and what not.
As for scroll by default, that's why there are officiall patches for that stuff.

In my opinion, st is THE best terminal emulator for Linux.

>This keeps its userbase small and elitist. No novices asking stupid questions
>teach me
Teach yourself

I want that colorscheme

>This keeps its userbase small and elitist. No novices asking stupid questions
They seemed ok with helping me over IRC.

With WM I'd just go with bspwm. There is no need to reinvent minimal solutions (bspwm literally has external keyboard daemon controlling it) unlike with terminals.

You should be using byobu/screen * anyways
*or as I've recently taken to call it, byobu plus screen

I would wholeheartedly switch from urxvt to st if it supported replacing bold fonts with bright fonts, like pic related

Attached: 2018-08-14-14:03:22.png (473x197, 8K)

Suckless is a useless meme. Minimalism is only good until the point that it compromises on usability, and suckless stuff is generally far beyond that point.

The irony of suckless is that their stuff actually sucks. Tried st, tried the browser, etc, They all sucked.

wtf are you smoking? urxvt has most of the features you'd want out of st but doesn't require you to maintain your own fork of patches that may or may not be updated since the latest release. i guess if you didn't need perl scripting that'd be unnecessary bloat on urxvt's part but we're talking performance increases of like .00000001% by switching from one to the other. even on my shitbox that uses dwm and surf i'd rather just get going with urxvt rather than spend another two hours patching the functionality i want out of my terminal emulator.

the minor projects are better such as tabbed, dmenu, quark