/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

Post your questions here

Read >search
ddg.gg/lite
lite.qwant.com

redirect anons making their own threads with >previous

Attached: 1534173329632s.jpg (250x244, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220466
amazon.com/gp/product/B00J8E93G6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
pcpartpicker.com/product/ykphP6/amd-cpu-fd8350frhkbox
pcpartpicker.com/product/sKgPxr/evga-450-bt-80-bronze-450w-3-year-warranty-power-supply-100-bt-0450-k1
youtube.com/watch?v=HkgQ18G4jFg
pcpartpicker.com/product/ttQRsY/msi-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-4gb-video-card-gtx-1050-ti-4g-oc
potplayer.daum.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

install gentoo

Im just getting into PC building, how the fuck do I know what makes a good motherboard/cooler/ram? Do people just look at every item and read reviews for all of them, or is there some kind of system where you start off with a CPU/graphics card and the other stuff is easily recommended?

there's a site called pcpartpicker that tells you which ones are compatible

I want to make a spare pc into a server. How would I go about downloading and managing torrents on the server from my main pc? What os and what programs should I use? How should I even go about this?

Should I update my BIOS?

Also just put in new ram do I need to do anything other then just plugging them in?

Yes I'm retarded.

Just read reviews and if there's a video on the item then watch it. In terms of performance oriented stuff like CPUs, coolers, and ram, you have to look at benchmarks as well. For cases and cosmetics just look at reviews. For PSUs look at sites that review internals and performance.

got my new laptop fully updated and bloatware free, and I have a few stupid questions now:

>best browser
>best antivirus
>must have addons/whatever

Attached: Claude-GTAIII-Skin.png (256x256, 49K)

If there's stability updates then yes. New RAM, if it's compatible, might be plug and play without changing any bios settings depending on your mobo.

How would I know if it's just plug and play.

When I look at PC properties it says 8gb (which is what I got) so I kind of assumed they are fine.

What I had before were these before - newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220466

Now I got this - amazon.com/gp/product/B00J8E93G6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One of mine got messed up in the move so I decided to just buy two of these for pretty cheap at my local shop.

Figured since both are DDR3 I should be fine. I don't know much desu

What do people actually use linux for?
>its shit for gaymens
>its shit for actually getting any real/important work done
>even macs are decent photo/video editing

Besides
>hurr durr it's free
>HURR DURR escape the botnet
I really dont see a reason to use it

I installed Ubuntu and Ubuntu Mint on my old laptop since windows 10 was hard for it to handle. Ubuntu never made it past the loading screen even after scouring fourms and trying 4 different fixes. Ubuntu Mint works a little but goes into an endless reboot cycle every once in awhile. Windows was super slow but at least it runs.

Attached: gnu-tux.png (392x568, 41K)

You would have to see what your mobo can handle. The speed and voltage is what your mostly looking for. Since you moved from 1333mhz @ 1.65V to 1600mhz @ 1.5V then you should be fine in terms of compatibility. If you already plugged them in, then find a program like speccy or something and look at the frquency readout for the ram. If it says anything other than 1600mhz (or 800mhz since 800x2=1600) then you probably need to change settings in bios.

Search for headless server.

thank you

I see. It says 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-25)

Guess I need to change something in the BIOS?

If you can't be bothered to use the Rustle user's layout for the OP, don't make the thread.

You can either leave it as it is since performance would probably be negligible and just not worry about it or look up how to change ram settings in your specific mobo's bios granted your mobo even allows it.

yea looking at the setting its showing as memory frequency of 1333MHz and can't change it out of Auto.

So leaving it as is won't do much?

retard here
what's a good cleaning app for android like Clean Master but actually good?

Attached: spodey.jpg (158x199, 19K)

So im trying to get this PC to run modern games without much issue and everyone ive asked has said im probably getting bottlenecking from my cpu. I've looked into replacing it and most people say go zen but my AMD mobo is only amd3. Would pcpartpicker.com/product/ykphP6/amd-cpu-fd8350frhkbox actually help me out? I cant find anything better that will fit my mobo and my budget wont allow for a new one

Attached: spec.png (669x525, 61K)

If you can't change it out of auto then just leave it. IF you can then look up an article on OC3D titled "How to manually set up your RAM speed, timings and voltage" and change the the frequency and voltage to that of the new RAM.

Thanks for the help

If that's the GPU idle temp then something is up with your GPU if you're experiencing stutters or lag. Your GPU won't bottleneck from your CPU. If you do need to get a new CPU then just go for the 8320e. Or use the money to get a new GPU since you're using some shitty 2gb card it looks like.

i took that screenshot when it was running a game, shouldve mentioned that. idle its at 40c

How's HP ZBook Studio G5?

I've read mixed things about HP.
Some cite that they have a high failure rate while others say their business line is relatively good

just built my pc and was wondering if these are normal idle temps? this is my first pc

Attached: Capture.png (777x599, 128K)

Those are actually really good idle temps. Nice wallpaper.

btw, why 8320e over the 8530? I see 8530 as cheaper and slightly better on user benchmarks. unless theres a compatibility issue or something im missing

GTX 1150 WHEN

Early 2019 if the new cards are released in September.

would it be worth waiting for instead of just getting a 1050ti?

Good idle temps.
My dick recognizes those tank drivers.

By that point you would have enough saved to buy a GTX 1160 or 1170.

I have a prebuilt with a 300 watt power supply so I basically have no choice

redpill me on google chrome.

If your mobo can handle the rated 125w of the 8350 then go for it. Keep in mind that the thing is a space heater. the 95w 8320e is relatively slower performance but you probably won't have to buy a new cooler like you probably would for the 8350.

Buy a EVGA 450BT for $22, problem solved.
Unless its a SFF computer.

how do I set up a script to archive websites like archive.is and save them in my hardrive?
What is the wget command for websites?

Ive thought of getting a power supply but the insides would be too hot for the fan

Which case are you using right now?

This, so Im limited to a single fan

Attached: 83-101-453-Z06.jpg (1280x960, 130K)

So this is a prebuilt, Could you post exactly which model? because you could put a fan on it using Molex.

I could tell you what upgrades cooling wise you could do.

atc 780a ur11

Also when it comes to the PSU upgrade check this:
pcpartpicker.com/product/sKgPxr/evga-450-bt-80-bronze-450w-3-year-warranty-power-supply-100-bt-0450-k1

>Is it good being so cheap
Yes, its made by Superflower.

You can add another 92mm fan to it.
Check Arctic 92mm PWM fans.

blowing air in or out?

is there an empty space on the back for a fan? put one there

Both would work based in your case layout but exhaust would be better.
This video will help you with your doubts:
youtube.com/watch?v=HkgQ18G4jFg

Coming back to the GTX 1050Ti if you really need a card right now one for $160 would be good, but if you can wait for the new GPUs, why not? its cheap.
pcpartpicker.com/product/ttQRsY/msi-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-4gb-video-card-gtx-1050-ti-4g-oc
If you get a GPU you might really also get a case fan even if its a GTX 1050Ti.

?????????????
preferably something lightweight

SD Maid pro, download the cracked apk from apk4free or somewhere safe.
Also Cleanmaster creates more trash and uses more resources than the one it frees.

Alright, thanks a lot for the help

>best browser
chrome or firefox
>best antivirus
don't go to shady websites (basically any file sharing website that allows everyone to share whatever you want with no form of restriction or monitoring)

Chrome or Firefox with uBlock Origin.
Malwarebytes with premium trial disabled and Adwcleaner.

how do i stop the pirates bay and other websites from buttraping my cpu with cryptoshit mining?

uBlock Origin and enable the extra filters.

Would static pressure fans work better in front of thick mesh dust filters than normal fans? And is it bad to mount fans horizontally instead of vertically?

How do I archive a bunch of folders and make them all separate folders at once?

>Would static pressure fans work better in front of thick mesh dust filters than normal fans?
Yes
>And is it bad to mount fans horizontally instead of vertically?
lolwut?

idk I heard it was bad for the bearings in them.

That's bullshit. Fans and HDDs can be mounted either way.

I'm using MPC-HC with Kawaii Codec Pack, but I can't play mkv files without the video lagging, the audio is perfectly fine though. Is there a way to fix this with the current media player or do I get a new one? If so, what do you guys recommend?

how do I set up a script to archive websites like archive.is and save them in my hardrive?
What is the wget command for websites?

CCCP

Reinstall KCP or install CCCP.
And what are you trying to play and what is your computer like?

potplayer.daum.net/

Made in Abyss at 1080p. I can play other media file sthat are 1080p, just not mkv

[spoiler] I'm using a Lenovo 2 in 1 yoga 310 [/spoiler]

Cool, thanks for your help.

Which release?
BD or CSrip?

>Lenovo
>Watching instead of reading MiA

What work? Media editing and CAD have a shit representation on Linux, yes, but that's not the only thing you can do on a PC.

Also if you want to run Linux on an old laptop, I'd take a look at lightweight distros. Lubuntu or LXLE would be the first that come to mind, but there are many more. Go on DistroWatch and look at the distribution category "Old Computers" if you are interested.

Doesn't say, judging from the file sizes I'd say BD

Attached: Screenshot_5.png (628x369, 42K)

reviews and videos are often bought and paid for
like jay2shills and the like
one exception to the above is buildzoid

Not BD, but Hardsubs.
Try Horriblesubs release.

Also, BD release is 2-4GB per episode.

>Try horriblesubs
How could a board possibly be more retarded than /a/

What's wrong with HorribleSubs?

They literally download and batch crunchyroll subs, that's all they do. Crunchyroll subs are horrendous quality

Is there a guide to sub groups? Or is it all word of mouth?

Depends on show, but usually it's word of mouth combined with trial and error. I'm sure there is a subgroup guide somewhere, I haven't found one

Is there any reason to use a second screen?

I just got a new monitor and I installed the second monitor right next to it. But I haven't found much use for it.

what's the Jow Forums approved music player for android nowadays?

Will this keyboard work with my xiaomeme phone?

This is a proprietary keyboard for some Lenovo pc tablet.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (1000x750, 63K)

Depends on what are you using your pc for.
At home, I am using single one for vidya and browsing and that's enough. But at work I have three and wish I had bigger ones — you can keep db manager or browser with some references opened constanly on one, ide or some configs on another one and explorer and player/video on the third smaller one.

If it is BT or USB keyboard — yes. If some other type of connection — no.

Newbie to building here. What's the best cooling fan in terms of price for quality for a MSI - X470 motherboard? Pcpartpicker says the old reliable Hyper 212 EVO from Cooler Master is incompatible.

Should I learn python 2 or python 3? From the results google gives me, there seems to be a lot of drama surrounding this question, so I'd like an answer that is oriented towards usability and employment opportunity.
Thank you

Attached: 007.png (2048x1152, 1.23M)

why is it not necessary for hashsets to be iterated over when checking to see if it contains a value? I'm trying to understand why it's O(1) and not O(n)

I'm using the Vention audio card with a Boya BY-M1 and can't get them to work together. It works with the microphone alone, and it recognizes the vention audio card it seems but the microphone won't work with the vention (doesn't pick up any sound). It says all the drivers are up to date.
Pic related. Top is audio card, middle is the microphone when it's working plugged straight into my laptop.
Any tips on how to get this working? Or anyone have experience with this sound card using a microphone know if it even works? Can't use the microphone on its own because I'm using a laptop with only one microphone socket, and if I plug in mic the mic will work but I have no sound.

Attached: vention.png (891x423, 125K)

how to use * instead of body to apply for all random font divs out there?

(function() {
document.onreadystatechange = function () {
if (document.readyState == "complete") {
document.body.style.fontFamily = 'sans-serif';
document.body.style.fontSize = '15px';
}
};
})();

what's the link for google with no country recognition?

Any way to amplify this piece of shit without it making a constant coil whining sound? I have to put my mouth an inch from it to be heard at full volume, and from a sitting distance (11 inches?) I have to software-amplify it. Is there any other way to help me out? Maybe a better software. I am using Equlalizer APO 1.2
Also the mic is USB not the normal mic jack.

Attached: sl-800002-bk_rgb_001-568x600.png (568x600, 146K)

Best place to buy insta followers? I only want like 50-100.

Attached: insta.jpg (1428x1080, 131K)

>writing js from 10 years ago

bumping this
please help

Are there any major differences between a q6600 and e5450?

who?
wat?
you mean that garbage from the previous thread? go fuck youself
t. previous op

>>its shit for gaymens
pretty much wrong
wine can run more than windows can. don't believe me? try starting something not made for windows 10
also works for dx9/11

what would that be? using office? if you must you use it you can with wine
no idea if autodesk stuff works but no one will use lunix for those anyway
plus since there are less distractions on gnu you get more work done :^)
>I installed Ubuntu and Ubuntu Mint on
you can only blame yourself for your choices

>you mean that garbage from the previous thread? go fuck youself
>t. previous op
You literally used my layout, faggot.
Current OP didn't even use an original photo, he used a photo from a thread that was already made. He's a bigger faggot than you.
t. Rustle OP.

>You literally used my layout, faggot.
THAT'S _MY_ LAYOUT NEW FAGGOT
go rustle yourself

Would it be worth it to learn legacy languages such as COBOL, RPG, etc. to get into migration consulting?

There's always going to be companies wanting to ditch their IBM i's to switch to cloud-based ERP suites or the like, so I'm wondering if the effort would be worth it.

>Current OP didn't even use an original photo
one has just to check the archive to see how original your op pics were