What would you consider is the better language to if you want to start learning code. I know it doesn't really matter...

What would you consider is the better language to if you want to start learning code. I know it doesn't really matter, but I don't think I should start with Python when I don't even know Html or CSS, even if they are not related at all. I want to first dwell in the basics, but what are they?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

C

C

I will second C. If you start with Python, you'll get used to the language doing everything for you, which will make you stupid and unequipped for the eventual reality of designing your own algorithms.

C is for back end stuff right? Can I learn it along front end stuff? Or is it a bad idea?

Or learn basic coding principles by making some projects in Python, and move on to C when you've got the fundamentals down...

C++ but look for something modern that doesn't mention pointers until like 40% into it

x86 assembly.

Thing is my projects usually are on the visual side. I don't know if Python is good for that. I don't want to learn something I can't really use. I'm surprised no one is mentioning Javascript.

Probably because Jow Forums hates Javascript.

Python is a much better choice than Javascript. Start with Python, and move on to anything lower level after you have a good feel for it.

Haskell. Don't mutilate your brain too early. Maybe Lisp if you're a boomer.
JavaScript is unironically better than Python.

Attached: .jpg (418x447, 27K)

I think I will start with C and Python I will see what is on skillshare and on the wiki. I 'll then go back to html and CSS, I have a few notions of these two.

C is for everything but using it for Web development is simply retarded, perhaps a Web server at best

Don't be fooled by the C faggots. The C language causes brain damage if you use it too much. Use Ada instead.

Java

Attached: HOjbEaOZ.jpg (227x222, 7K)

All imperative programming languages are comparable. If you've mastered one, you've already got 1 1/2 feet in the door of any other language. Python, however, has a few exceptions. Like there's A LOT of stuff you can do in Python, but not in any other language. There are also restrictions with Python, like you can't have one loop inside another (you can, but it's slooooooooow). And you have to use an editor that indents the lines the right way, or you are screwed.

But let's see a few "starter" languages.The most common is Java, our university uses that for introductory courses. C++ has much of the same syntax, you can start with that and get into the more complex stuff later. C++ has the advantage that many real world applications are coded in it.

Scripting languages like Python, Perl, PHP etc. don't need to be compiled, which is a plus in that you can change something and immediately try to run it. JavaScript for example runs on every webbrowser. With the drawback that every webbrowser treats it differently, so your code may run on Firefox but not on Explorer.

You will get your one track mind Jow Forums posters who tell you something like Haskell, or C, or whatever. Don't mind them.

>never ever programmed before
Lisp and watch the first 3 episodes of SICP on youtube.
>Want to learn how a computer really works and actually be a good fucking programmer
C, read K&R, only write 0 memory leaks programs using valgrind.
>Want to make money/easy programs that do a lot of stuff in a few lines of code
python, ruby, swift.

>le C meme
Yet another brain damaged user detected. I bet you think null terminated "strings" are harmless and other such nonsense.

Null terminated strings are harmless as long as you define everywhere in your code that the end of a string is a null char, then yes, it's harmless. The only person responsible for your mistakes in C is you.

Null termination is a lot worse than length + pointer today, memory/storage is in much more abundance than CPU and battery, compared to before when C was designed. Maybe it still makes sene for embedded platforms, but that's a separate matter.

>lenght+pointer
What do you mean? Care to write some code as an example?

And now you've moved on to the "just don't make mistakes!!!1" meme. Wanna know how I can tell you're an engineering brainlet?

I already started with Python. I'll probably try other stuff along the way.
C has a place my mind, I will probably hang around there to learn a few things.

Great quality post lad.

>CSS,HTML, JavaScript,SQL if you want to be a webdev.
>Python, Scala, R if you are into data science.
>C++, Java, C# for games.
>ADA, C, assembly for embedded

TL DR: Learn something which is universally useful such as Java.

to keep track of a string end + beginning you can either keep track of the starting address + finish it with a null terminator (\0) OR keep track of the starting address and keep track of the length. basically same thing except you save a calculation if you just store the length

c/c++

Bait