/spg/ - Smartphone General

Pocophone F1 Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual phone size comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: Xiaomi-POCOPHONE-F1-1-1024x850.jpg (1024x850, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8531&idPhone2=8959
gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9120&idPhone2=8893
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_(redmi_5_plus)-8959.php#redmi-5-plus
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

redmi 6 or redmi 6a?
is there a big difference? i don't care about camera, mainly good battery

>redmi note 5 160$
Cool but what else is best for $100, 120, 180??

Where's a good site to buy chinkshit phones if you live in Australia? I want the Redmi Note 5

lmao what a dumb name

fucking chinks

>Mediatek
>3000mah battery
neither

What's the most reliable web to buy chink phones? AliExpress? I never bought online. I live in Europe btw
Thanks

Aliexpress is reliable, check kimovil.com for other sources

s9 in the chat boys

Attached: 1531417900827.jpg (1000x1000, 1.35M)

so the lg g6 is the only good phone out there that uses the most face of the phone with this screen?
cause now everyone is falling for this cucknotch meme

LG G6 is a good deal if you get it for 200-250$.
Samsung phones don't have a notch too.

Pixel 3 when?

October

never touching a sameshit product. ever
>Samsung phones don't have a notch too.
yet, they dont have them yet.

>Samshit
literally the most reliable android phone maker.

nobody wants it

What's the stock rom on redmi 5 like?

You'd honestly have to pay me to use LG's disgusting skin.

>have note 8 with otterbox defender case
>nice deal on note 9
>realize I will have to get a new otterbox defender case

God fucking damn it.

My dream phone is litterally a middle range tier performance that can do all the common tasks comfortably. BUT it would be completly waterproof, would have a huge battery and would be indestructible and unscratchable.
Why isn't there even a phone that can't be broken. Is it so hard to make diamond glass and titanium frame?

>redmi note 5
Isn't the note 4 pretty much the same for less shekels?
Also, is it worth buying a Xiaomi redmi note 4?

there's plenty of rugged outdoorsies phones though

i've been using an iphone 6s for three years, looking to replace with galaxy s8/9
is there any reason I should stick to iphone? are the apps on android as bad and slow as they've always been?
is there anyway to get the "it just works" feeling on a samsung
is the s9 worth the extra $200 on top of the s8?

catch.com.au or kogan

XZ1 Compact or standard?

Explain the concept of regionlocked colors for phones?
Even though I'm a swecuck, the note 9 in blue and yellow looks like shit. Other option is black..
What is samsung trying to tell me?

AliExpress?

Would there be a difference grabbing a chinese Xiaomi mi 8 flashed to global rather than a global mi 8 ?

Nah, you're thinking of Redmi 5 Plus. Redmi Note 5 is a big improvement in performance and cameras.

Yes, apparently unlocking the bootloader to flash the global version over the Chinese version and the relocking the bootloader causes the phone to get bricked.

how much does AMOLED contribute to battery life compared to IPS/LCD under normal usage? EG: not having a custom version of every app that uses 100% black backgrounds

Those are the same thing.
gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8531&idPhone2=8959
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (Redmi 5 Plus)

Is the Samsung S8 still a good buy?

WELP my g3 is soft-bricked.
i am told it's a known issue with the cpu, that they just die after a couple of years.
anybody knows if that's true of am i getting ripped off by someone trying to sell me a new phone?

There's two versions of the phone:
Whyred = Snapdragon 636 and dual rear camera, known in China and globally as "Redmi Note 5" or "Redmi Note 5 AI", and as "Redmi Note 5 Pro" in India.
gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9120&idPhone2=8893

Vince = Snapdragon 625, single rear camera. Known in China and globally as "Redmi 5 Plus", and as "Redmi Note 5" in India.
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_5_(redmi_5_plus)-8959.php#redmi-5-plus

Best phone for using as a linux terminal and media player?

anyone here using a Vivo Nex happily yet?

Is the Sharp Aquos S2 any good? Currently using a G5 Plus but the gps sucks and its too big for my liking.

Attached: thumb_81269_default_big.jpg (315x381, 18K)

Literally worse than applel, you mean.
>Take your programed obsolescence to such extremes that the batteries begin to explode.

JB Hi-Fi currently has an in-store deal where if you port-in to the Telstra's 12-month, $39/mo 20GB contract through them, you can get the 64GB models $400 off.

Or you can think of it as paying $80 on top of the overpriced phone for a 12 month plan.

Get the S3 mini, I heard they are correct but only good luck for finding one beside gooks dot com

Meanwhile, LG consistently has manufacture issues with their flagships.

Nah dont want to spend more than 30 bucks on something shipped from china.

But those get scratched, my autism cannot handle it. I don't want to baby my things.

You don't have a preference for either size?

Does anyone have an up to date guide on how to flash a custom kernel to your phone? I've been out of it for a few years and I can't follow Pajeet well enough

Funny, my autism forces me to baby my things like a Japanese person maintaining their clothing

OnePlus 6/6t.

Remember b4 upgrading your pixel XL to Android P that the update may brick your phone's quick charging

LG manufactured 5 flagships IN A ROW with hardware bootloop failures, and you're bitching about the time Samsung's Note had a defective battery and gave every single person a full refund plus half price on their next phone?

1. Backup your shit
2. unlock the bootloader
3. install TWRP
4. flash Custom ROM / kernel / root.
that´s how it works for 99% of Android phones, if you want more specific instructions check the XDA page for your phone model.

Cheers user

There is a reason people keep buying Samsung phones, it's not like they're being forced to at gun point.

Attached: 20180810_122653.jpg (956x466, 80K)

There must be a local reseller nearby. Keep on digging.

Hey lads need some advice, I'm currently using an iPhone 6 but I want something of similar spec or better so I can use APKs since I'm thinking of looking into how to write apps for fun.
Other than social stuff I just use my phone to read stuff or play vidya occasionally.

Any suggestions?

>Motorola One/P30 truly is just a carbon copy of the iPhone X

Fucking chinkaros.

Attached: Motorola-P30-family-shows-up-out-of-nowhere-could-be-related-to-the-One-and-One-Power.jpg (680x453, 33K)

Redmi Note 5

>Oneplus 6

I'm on 3, do you think it'll be worth upgrading? I looked into some of the other flagship temptations but they're all just too expensive to justify upgrading and I think the 3 still has plenty of life left in it, though I do kind of desire a phone with more megapixels photowise. Kind of don't want to go away from OP since the alert slider is really convenient and functional.

Attached: oneplus-3.jpg (1200x1200, 169K)

>B-but these other gooks are worse!
Who gives a shit. LG being retarded doesn't give samshit a free pass.
Enjoy your bloat and inflating batteries (made worse by the battery drain caused by that same bloat)

Any advantages of going with a Redmi over a Samsung besides the price?
They seem pretty similar in quality

honor 10 worth buying?

The new Xiaomi A2 disappointed me a little bit (no external storage and small battery) so I'd want to buy Xiaomi Note 5 pro, do you have any alternatives to suggest me?

Looking into it, the price is really good for what you're getting if you're buying new and don't care about having 1080/60fps video recordings.

my s7 just got android 9.0 a few days ago. i am displeased for the delay of the update but pleased with the performance

android 8* sorry

There are few known g3 bootloop cases. Most affected are g4/v10. Try to restore it with shitty indian xda instructions.

Sounds good I don't usually need amazing footage since I have cameras for that in my studio, ty for the help user I'll look into grabbing one.

What's a decent chinkphone for around 300-500$? I was going to pick up a Xiaomi Mix 2S, but maybe there's better out there.

Are you just looking for a phone that works or do you care about higher quality + video recording multitasking and whatever

>using a case

>a phone that works
I guess that's a pretty good way to put it. I don't really care much about cameras (especially not selfie cameras) and I don't intend to play games on it.

OP6

I'm going from a HTC 10 to the OnePlus 6 when I can.
moved from the UK to the US and HTC doesn't work on Appalachian Wireless, only other options are Samshit or Applel. they sell a 3 year old LG V10 for close to $600 as well, fuck that.

OnePlus 6 for me when I have the money.

Then you'll want something even at 200 (sometimes less if you don't buy new.) They're full feature at that price and can do most normie shit.

So Mi, Oneplus, Huawei, Moto all have something in that price range that you described but Mi has most of the cheaper phones that should be okay.

I'll post again if a specific model comes to mind but cheapest are probably moto and mi

Any good phone that's on par with S8/9?
I need something that could run 3D rhythm mobage well.
Good audio is preferred but not a dealbreaker.

Anything with an SD8xx chip

it's "myboy free" on the playstore, but that's not what caused the ads to popup in the homescreen tho

Thanks mate, Mi8 seems like a decent choice after I researched a while.
Although the price a little bit too high for my budget, it costs more than what I spent for my S6 3 years ago.

Try having a look at the Mi 8 SE as well, the 710 performs almost as well as an 835 chip apparently.

Will I get laid more easily if I buy an iPhone?

I done some research when looking for new phone and decided to go with honor 10. Before I pull the trigger is there a better option that cost £360 or less?

Attached: hhmmmm.jpg (643x866, 95K)

Awesome, thanks mate!

Is an Essential Phone worth it for $350?

Nokia 7 Plus, Mi Mix 2

why has there not been a feasible alternative to the android/ ios duopoly yet? Anyone have any experience with running a linux touch distro?

nokia 7 plus is worse ,but ill check out the mi, thanks

Are there any other good cheap phones like the Xiaomi Redmi note 4x, and is it worth paying more up to $200 for another phone?

Small phone
Good performance
Flexible budget

Go (please no sony. They might pull out from my country due to their losses)

LeEco Le Pro3 is good. Good rom support and battery life.

i have an honor 7 i bought who knows how long ago and am thinking of upgrading
i mostly browse, chat and play emulated games on my phone plus the occasional online game and i need an adequate camera for work
The honor 10 is currently available at a physical store nearby but im wondering if theres other options, somewhere to a max of 500$ but pref as cheap as i can get

Sailfish OS.

>nokia 7 plus
How exactly is it worse? It has no notch, stock Android, no glass back, a MicroSD slot and a bigger battery.

Get a Redmi Note 5

iPhone SE then

>no 3.5mm audio jack
dropped. The cpu was much worse anyways.
The cost for the note 5 is significantly higher than the 4x for not much more.

>Le

>significantly higher
starting at $154
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5

>for not much more
Performance is much better, so are the cameras

Anyone know a decent iPhone SE case that is soft on the buttons or has a cutout for them? Thanks in advance.

processing power on honor is better

>using a phone case

Yes. I've had mine for a little over a year and I love it

I'll look into it more, thanks.