Brainlet Need Advice

Why is the CM 212 considered bad? And what is a better alternative?

Attached: CM 212.jpg (500x500, 43K)

it isn't bad, it's just average, good value, and not the holy grail of coolers like a lot of faggots seem to think

I've literally never heard people call it bad. Average yes but not bad.
I had it on my 4690k with 2 poo colored fans and was oced at 4.5.

>poo colored fans

noctua?

Yes

Thank you.

It just isn't great.
It's a capable cooloer that isn't particulatly super powerful or silent.

Also I think it won't hangle the latest Ryzen 7 or Covfefe Lake CPUS very well. Could be a great cooler for a low or mid end CPU

It's always been very overrated, so people now go to the other extreme and call it bad.

Scythe Kotetsu has always been a better price/performance cooler, but it hasn't been shilled nearly as much as the 212.

Attached: scythe-kotetsu.jpg (912x1080, 188K)

>lso I think it won't hangle the latest Ryzen 7 or Covfefe Lake CPUS very well.
what makes you think this?

its just overrated because it was optimal in 2011 when heaps of people got onto the new cpu bandwagon and the idiots that upgraded from 2500k use it on new cpus and say its fine for them also so it became a meme.

I use one to cool a GPU.

I currently have pic related on my Ryzen 2700X and when stressing the system I get 70C at stock and almost 80 if overclocked.

And this cooler is a lot larger than the 212

Attached: be_quiet_bk022_dark_rock_pro_4_1396144.jpg (1500x1500, 263K)

>spend 30 dollars on this cooler
>install into power build computer
>30C
>50C on load

Why do people even want liquid cooling this thing works great.

this is weird, those temps are really high

i get 63C using a D15

Because 212 Evo or 212X is better.

It's basically marketing.
>oh its a water cooler so it MUST be better than air!
>what do you mean high end air at half the price does just as good and almost has no noise ?
>w-well at least I have muh rgb and aesthetics.
Actual custom water cooling works great but AIO shit doesn't for what they want for them

200mm fan d-15 equivalent when?

Well I use quite a humble fan curve to keep it quiet.

Get gammaxx 400

>tfw using Evo 212 and temps idle at like 36-40. Load is below 70.

retarded statement AIO and custom loop perform the same with same radiator idiot. I agree spending 150$ on custom loop CPU waterblock is retarded when you can get a 15$ one from china that is just 5deg worse.

watercooling in general is retarded and has been pointless since the invention of heatpipes you can get air coolers that perform the same only reason to use watercooling is if you don't have ablity to bend your own heatpipes and have a small case.

also when people start building vapor chamber CPU heatsyncs water-cooling will literally be worse than air cooling.

idk man thats pretty bad. Also I run a 212 evo on a 8350 which has a 125w tdp or something stupidly high like that and i dont hit 70 degrees.

To further that point I have a d15 which is of similar calibre to your cooler on a 1700 oc'd to 4.0ghz and it doesnt break 60 with a low fan curve

impossible for man reasons

are you me brother?

like what?

when fan size increases even if the cfm also increases (where energy increases which scales with a^2) the effective area is on the outer perimeter of the fans, not so much the centre which leaves you with hot zones which to accommodate need faster fans. additionnally such a cooler would be about 25cm in height or something ridiculous like that, and the effective cooling distance for heatfin stacks decreases with distance from the heatsource.
plus higher cfm means more air noise.

I always bought the CM T4, $5-10 less and looks nearly identical, no idea if the 212 EVO is actually better than it.
Deepcool would be better if they'd put backplates on more of their coolers, but for the price you can't really go wrong.

apart from a few autists I've never seen anyone call 212 bad.
I had 3570k stable with it @5ghz. Under load it would reach something stupid like 92 degrees, but still, considering it's 1.6ghz increase over base clock and it's on all cores, it's bloody great for €30.

It's a low profile cooler compared to the bulky beasts out there and it cools my i7 8700 perfectly, idle at 29 and no higher than 50 at load.

Haha I do the opposite.
My pc sounds like a jet engine the second it hits 65 on the gpu and about 70 on the cpu

went to the store to pick this up for bf while building his pc that he forgot to get a cooler for.
got this because it was cheep and he'd wait a month or so to buy a better one.
we cant find a real reason to replace it yet

I have a S40 and really liking it. Roughly 15C idle and max 48C while stressed on the FX6300.