Vehicles that aren't botnet. Are there any new ones?

Vehicles that aren't botnet. Are there any new ones?

Attached: Car-Antenna-Shark-Fin-Antenna-Radio-FM-Signal-Aerials-for-Auto-SUV-VW-Polo-Ford-Chevrolet-Cruze-Qash (500x500, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECall
archive.is/Is37G
erticonetwork.com/europe-rolls-out-ecall-with-support-from-ertico-coordinated-project/
eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32017R0079
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just get a shitbox under 1k less electronics = less botnet
anything that's 90's or older is not botnet

>beep boop
>driver data analyzing
>driver insulted google and windows 10 on Jow Forums
>overriding lane safety feature and applying extra gas into oncoming semi truck

Attached: robo pepe.jpg (720x665, 45K)

The cheapest ones from India maybe

Dacia

We export Suzuki Baleno afaik.

>Good job car AI version 5.1
>activate seating sensors and check for pulse from fleshbag
>there is no pulse?
>good continue with the plan
>fake the crash data

Attached: googlenet.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

>Alert non approved software detected
>Alert Nvidia Nouveau driver detected
>Alert no subscription detected
>Alert tape detected on selfie cam, please remove obstruction to start car
>Alert sunglasses detected please remove obstruction to start car
>Alert non white skin detected changing route to local law enforcement agency

that's radio antenna, the same shit that existed on cars for 80 years probably, what the fuck are you on about?
Pic related is same fucking thing

Attached: antenna.jpg (750x563, 120K)

botnet

>when you drive a botnet

Attached: 4L_JIt1jfAO.jpg (1600x900, 252K)

All new cars in Europe since the start of the year are to have an eCall device installed. Which is basically a GPS and a GSM modem connected to CAN in your car. It can be remotely controlled by emergency services to lock and unlock doors, kill the engine, and sound the horn.
It will call 112 if the airbags go off and send your GPS location and open a voice channel.

So yes all new cars are botnet

>not understanding how mobile networks function

>have old car
>nobody can find parts
>eventually forced to buy new car
>normies don't even care about privacy
>or being in control of the vehicle they purchased
>now nothing but normie autos
so this is how it all ends

spotted the poorfag

On no. That sounds absolutely awful. How will I bleed out alone on a road now?! WTF

Attached: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOUcyIgaxEadeCwnRxdf6aq0h9pta60UvoRtgB4oLWToNInvvKJg.jpg (225x225, 5K)

>>Alert non white skin detected changing route to local law enforcement agency
this is google we're talking about, it'd probably give them a fleslight blowjob

There must be a way to strip that shit out

Isn't there an open source car that looks sorta like a lifted challenger? Just get one of those

98-04 Volvo v40

Anything that has a ODBII is a botnet.

good larp

It is illegal just like removing catalytic converters, abs, seats belts, etc

feels good to live in a shithole where parts for old cars are plentiful and people restoring them are not rare either.

>it'd probably give them a fleslight blowjob

>cover your face in black sharpie
>get in the car and try to start it
>it thinks you're a dindu
>the car performs fellatio on you
Where do I sign up to give a defcon speech?

Attached: 1509618560050.jpg (250x223, 7K)

Dodge Demon. You're welcome.

Get a kit car.

>eCall
>electronic call
As opposed to two cups and a string?

Also it looks legit: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECall
>the occupants of the car have no control over the remote activation of the microphone, making a car susceptible to eavesdropping.

Attached: Brainlet pepe worried.jpg (399x400, 16K)

There is this Porsche that have the minimal of electric stuff and very lightweight.

The e means internet

Yeah..

Attached: lada.jpg (1200x900, 108K)

These won't ever become safe

Attached: Internet button.jpg (2592x1456, 1.47M)

at least we can hope for GNU/Car to become a thing
but then we would have to wait 20 years for them to implement even most basic functions like gear shifting

>king tech to reddit himself Musk
>literally has the power to brick your 100k purchase from his office

>not gutting a generic car and doing the electronics yourself

Oh swag? That's litty myfam

>ODB

Attached: Ol'_Dirty_Bastard.jpg (300x300, 25K)

Couldn't you just cut the power line and add a plug to it? Keep it unplugged all the time and plug it in when you're getting an inspection. They're not going to check if something is up with the power cable if the system itself is reporting as "functioning."

Thank God we're leaving the EU

Attached: 1520185871686.png (577x621, 297K)

A fuckton of old cars still get new parts made.

Attached: bmwe9.jpg (1200x800, 855K)

>>nobody can find parts

How? I can still find parts for my great grandpa's 1930s-era bulldozer and his '77 GMC truck. Both are diesel, but I can also find parts for my grandma's '85 Deville pretty easily too, including ECMs and diagnostics tools (most of which are simple enough that it can be repaired with a soldering iron and off-the-shelf EE components). The only thing I can't get is the original 8-track tape quick start guide (though I've been able to find it in cassette and CD form).

It's nearly impossible to not have enough parts for a car unless it's an import. Diesel engines can be completely rebuilt without OEM parts in most cases.

Attached: 6157021-1987-cadillac-deville-std-c.jpg (1280x960, 138K)

This is terrible but I heard that it's legal to remove the botnet from your car.
I need to verify my card everyday when i'm taking the bus, they literally know every single move I made, everything is on their server. Next month I will stop doing it, the fine is only 5€ when you already have a subscription.
I will fucking leave europe as soon as possible, it's a shithole.

remember when musk revealed that he gimps your tesla's mileage via software and can change it at for better or worse at any time?

archive.is/Is37G

this is /o/ 101

always remove the tracking fins from new cars

Vehicles that are 7 years old are at the peak of depreciation, and most cars of that era don't have all this smart tech.

If you buy a 2008-2012 Honda Accord for example it has buttons, knobs and pretty much no smart tech at all. Drivetrain is also better because no CVT. Buying new cars is always stupid.

>nobody can find parts
depends on the car, my mate that has a 80s shitbox can find parts no problem but with time it will obviously change
>normies don't even care about privacy
>or being in control of the vehicle they purchased
well there are cars that don't even have the steering wheel linked to the wheels and (((assistance))) systems that turn your wheels in corners without turning the steering wheel

There’s nothing wrong with cvt

CVTs are literal Macbooks of the car world. Please KYS

There’s nothing wrong with MacBooks either. What’s wrong with cvt?

Does your breath smell like cum?

>Buying new cars is always stupid.

Tax incentives.
Shit that doesn't make sense suddenly makes sense after factoring in taxes.

It was never a secret.
iirc you can even buy a software upgrade to get a longer range.

What he fails to mention is that the "high capacity" setting causes far more battery wear.

>old toyota finally died
>found good deal on 09 lexus
>song and a dance
>has smart features
Now I can't say nigger in my car anymore without fear that (((they))) will call my employer.

Attached: gun sounds snek.gif (500x375, 249K)

>It can be remotely controlled by emergency services to lock and unlock doors, kill the engine, and sound the horn.

Only on super-deluxe extra premium models.

>It will call 112 if the airbags go off and send your GPS location

That's ALL it does.
Plus transmit the last few seconds of sensor data before the accident, so emergency services can estimate how bad it is.

>and open a voice channel.
Again, luxury models.

Gears are bloat.

EFI is a botnet

Goddamn women in the police force.

eCall stands for extermination call.
Because if you're still alive after the accident insurance agents will come to kill you to lower the insurance payout.

I don’t see what that has to do with this conversation.

lurk more faggot

I assume that's a posed photo?
Because how is it even remotely legal to publish speed camera pictures?

What a retard jesus fuck

Attached: stupid_people_with_tools.jpg (536x625, 52K)

>That's ALL it does.
Bullshit. That's what faceberg said about data collection. It's *only* metadata.
>they don't actually track you
I'll put money on these systems being able to control your vehicle. If it has access to CANBus, then it can control your engine timings, it can throw error codes, it can fuck with your drive by wire and braking systems, steer the vehicle without your input. CANBus is the key to the kingdom. I don't trust for two fucking seconds the claim that these systems are purely for reading sensors in an emergency. They *will* be used to track people and they *will* be used to fuck with people.

Attached: 1505479327170.png (500x500, 371K)

need legit source for this shit, because no way in hell a new 10k € Dacia will have this shit

Kek, move to US or that leaf country

about 10 km from me is a engine piston factory, they sometimes also make 100 - 1000 pistons for old cars.

>trudeau country
I'll take yurop, thanks.

Proof?

The Porsche Mustang Type-R doesn't have this problem.

People in Europe are actually quite paranoid and analyze these things.

I hope you drive a model T with manual start (no gay spring assistance), a manual choke, no power steering or brakes, no heat or a/c, no power locks or windows, and a transmission that feels like gravel and unhappiness.

Get a fucking life. CVTs are fine. They're efficient, reliable, and after just using one for a couple hundred miles going back to normal gears makes you realize how stupid it is that the engine is outside the power band 70% of the time while accelerating, and out of the best efficiency point 90% of the time while cruising unless you keep your speed matched with the optimal RPM.

thanks for this new cringe post i will use it as a copypasta on /o/

Sooo... What tax incentive makes it worth paying $30,000 for an accord now versus $9k for a 7 year old Accord with 50k miles on it?

Pic related, my 9k Accord that's great condition inside and out, overmaintained by myself because this car is easy to work on and not a bunch of condensed bullshit.

I only paid $1080 in tax on this car.

Attached: IMG_20180814_145454.jpg (3518x1775, 2.84M)

Then why aren't CVT's not more popular?
(I drive an electric car myself so I find the whole notion of a transmission outdated)

Nice rebuttal of his arguments...

HIGHWAY TO THE DAYNJA ZONE

>driving
>not using your ki energy to fly in seconds
lmaoing at your life

Attached: 383fcee0eec7c1e4a2c285b5063f7a0e.gif (475x300, 242K)

Currently Drive an 2005 Corolla w/165k miles on it. Runs smooth and looks great inside and out. New models, they kinda fucked up due to switching over to a timing belt instead of a chain. Used to be a big fan of the Ford Ranger. Had 3 of them (88/92/2k), all 3 were great trucks. Back when a truck was a truck and not a damn "car with a bed" and the size of a damn tank either.

>has manuel

if it's manuel there's no botnet

Modern cars, the way the whole front end is designed, it don't take much to totally destroy it. Whole front bumper/grill/headlights/fenders (depending on model). Then it cost a fucking ton to have all that replaced. (if the frame/underlying supports ain't all fucked up as well) My granddad's old 70 Chevy truck, you hit something, you just keep right on going. (say garbage can, deer, some dumb ass drunk dude)

>listening to the wavelength jew

All cars. They're required to provide it inclusive incar cost (like airbags, seatbelts etc) it's not a subscription service like OnStar.
erticonetwork.com/europe-rolls-out-ecall-with-support-from-ertico-coordinated-project/

If you want the regulation it's here
eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32017R0079

Yeah, but if you hit something solid in those modern cars you'll be walking away with a few bruises, while in the 70 Chevy they'll be dragging your corpse off to the morgue.

Anyone here use android auto? If yes, do you have any privacy concerns about it?