Usb video game controller recommendations?

hello fellow Jow Forumsamers, i would like to play the video Jow Forumsames on my PC but need something that doesn't tired my hands. usually i'd just suffer with my keyboard and mouse but i want to play some older titles on emulators so i need an actual analog stick

any recommendations?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (486x611, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

logitechg.com/en-us/product/f710-wireless-gamepad
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Xbox 360 controller. Good compatibility with a bunch of shit and usually doesn't take much effort to get working.

360 controller probably since literally every pc game with controller support has xbox button prompts.

it doesn't take any effort to get working at all. literally plug and play. once windows has automatically installed the driver it takes no tweaking at all compared to something like a dualshock 4 wired and using ds4windows

Steam's controller support has been slowly getting better to rival 360 support.
I still need texture mods to get playstation buttons in some games though.

This. I've heard that the Xbox One controller is more comfortable, but I never checked because after many years my Xbox 360 controller doesn't need replacing. Admittedly, the d-pad is not the best.

>Admittedly, the d-pad is not the best.
Preach it.

This but I'll say the Xbox One controller is a direct upgrade in every regard. It's nice having the batteries in the center inside the controller as opposed to a bulging pack. More room to wrap your fingers around the controller.

Dualshock 4 isn't bad.

Attached: backtov.png (709x636, 167K)

if you use windows 7, xbox 360 controller with the wireless receiver.
if you use windows 10, bluetooth xbox one controller.
now GET OUT

Playstation got it right on their first try, xbox went full micky mouse then tried to copy the playstation swapping their analogue stick over to make it copyright safe and nintendo's being batshit as usual.

I like the logitech F710, shaped like a Playstation controller with the buttons of an Xbox controller. Works out of the box on Linux and you can use the Xbox controller drivers for Windows.

You can buy it from Logitech's website with free shipping for cheaper than you can usually find it elsewhere online.

logitechg.com/en-us/product/f710-wireless-gamepad

Attached: f710-gaming-gamepad-images.png (521x342, 70K)

Nintendo peaked with the GC controller.

are you dense? the xbox controller is literally an evolved dualshock controller that accommodated for the rise in popularity of analog sticks in games rather than the d-pad. the original dualshock without the analogs was designed to be held the same way as the xbox controllers are. sony just tacked on a couple of analog sticks because they didn't want to do a whole controller redesign.

Attached: 1492699056509.png (1084x2356, 465K)

im not understanding this, are you trying to say that playing games as an adult is in someway a bad thing?

It's very comfortable I give you that, but the layout is complete shit. Also the it has only one real analogstick.

Steam Controller. Especially if you run Linux distro.
There is dedicated "sc-controller" application that allows it to be used for anything without having Steam even installed.

All other controllers are gimped pieces of shit with no functionality whatsoever. Highly recommend. Sold my 360 and PS4 controllers when got this one.

Don't get it if you have baby hands, though. As in you find PS2/3 controllers to be large enough to hold comfortably.

Attached: IMG_20180814_180855.jpg (3200x2400, 2.17M)

>Salty microsoft fanboy defending his asymmetrical product interface ripped straight from Sony with a couple of inputs haphazardly swapped for copyright

>Xbox
>Playstation clone
No you fucking niggers.
Xbox was a clone of Dreamcast.
Playstation was a clone of SNES with handles. Dualshock added analog sticks.

Still waiting for the clone of Gamecube.

Software in question.

Attached: 2018-08-14-18:11:28-screenshot.png (948x566, 97K)

;)

>the layout is complete shit.
Diamond is the shittiest layout possible.
GC allows you to use up to three face buttons at once. Diamond only allows for two.
And each face button has clearly defined functions - A and B can be pressed often, while Y is the "rare utility" button and X is the "press without interfering with the usage of any other button" button that can be pressed by rolling your finger.

Also, the fucking shoulder buttons were fucking genius. The digital buttons inside the analog triggers made lock ons in games really intuitive.

I prefer XBone pad over X360 because the 360 dpad is hot garbage. Otherwise, they're pretty similar.

>gets btfo
>gets buttmad and salty
>projecting

lmao

Attached: 1484884624882.jpg (392x411, 24K)

Yep
There are retards that think like that while they are doing even more useless things themselves

>sony copying

what's new

Attached: 1427537688760.jpg (950x3384, 1M)

Damn steam controllers look ugly as fuck

Attached: gpxid.jpg (800x724, 25K)

>preferences
>must be superior

I don't recall anyone talking shit about triggers. Also, the Dreamcast had them before the Xbox.

Look at the salty brand loyalty in this thread!

Maybe. Personally, I like the looks. But the best thing is how it comfortably lies in my relatively large hands.

Use an official controller with a usb adapter or something bluetooth like a ds4.

exactly no one likes sony here. playstation shills need to fuck off

Xbox 360 USB controller. Fucking superior to every other gamepad for PC. It just works.

Actually no, THE best thing is that you don't have to use fuck-awful stick to look around. That alone would make me buy this thing again.

for Windows*
Other controllers work fine OOB on real OS.

>hello fellow Jow Forumsamers, i would like to play the video Jow Forumsames on my PC
I’m really trying not to be “that one guy that’s a dick in the thread” but this belongs on . Not saying this because autism, but because there’s a mod on this board that will actively prune this thread and issue you a warning for posting video game related stuff on Jow Forums. Dunno if he’s on rn, doubt he is. But anywho, even vidya hardware stuff is a bit iffy on this board. I get that /v/ is a shitty board for stuff like this, but that’s where it belongs. Not gonna sperg out on you any further, just prepare your anus just in case this thread gets fucked and you get a 24 hour ban or something.

Don't ride my comment for defense!
The rest of you are no better than the Sony fanboys.

Gaming board.

Attached: brainlet1.png (183x275, 4K)

Yeah the spergs on Jow Forums freak out when you mention anything that isn't Thinkpad, programming, cross dressing, or desktop threads. Even if trying to discuss the TECHNOLOGY behind other things, such as gaming stuff.

>GameCube clone
Everything about this remote was great. The triggers had weight. It was clear which action button was the action button. The c-stick felt great to flick along with analog. Playing clawed didn't feel terrible either unlike on a regular button configuration.

This is why I preffer the PS controller.
And it also doesnt look like a kids toy, thats another plus.

Attached: ds3-black-large-imageblock-us-18nov14.jpg (464x326, 18K)

i agree dualshock > xbox but holy shit your reasoning is retarded

What should I get for my Xiaomi 2S? I mosty play pokemon and I need a controller to play on.

Attached: 1470996212631.jpg (960x1280, 261K)

no u
I play action rpgs mostly.
In DS I rebind left weapon switch to ↓ and then can switch both weapons and dont have to stop to do it. Pretty useful when there are 3 retards running you down and you need to switch to a parry shield.
I love that.

>and then can switch both weapons and dont have to stop to do it
Or you can use grip buttons on Steam Controller instead of some shitty hacks.