So, is there a well written instructional/guide out there (as in not a post by an user) on true online privacy...

So, is there a well written instructional/guide out there (as in not a post by an user) on true online privacy. I see so much debate regarding VPNs, TOR, Javascript and more that it's hard to actually get a clear picture.

Attached: i-think-its-important-to-understand-that-you-cant-have-12460570.png (500x653, 178K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-uuF01CLBTA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shameless self bump

TOR = compromised
VPNs in the U.S. and in countries that cooperate with the U.S. on surveillance = compromised
Javascript: Use uMatrix and disable JS by default. Enable it for domains you trust.

what mongoloid made that pic
liberty != privacy
obama is right, if he ever said that

How is using TOR through a (non-US based) VPN?

>true online privacy
No such thing.

But how close can one get?

you fucking retard
how can you have liberty without privacy?

Here's the actual quote, by the way.
>Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
The context was Franky speaking out against a tax increase to arm public security in frontier states.

>liberty has no correlation with privacy
Okay, bootlicker. Here's your 1 penny from the nsa

Well good thing the nigger isn't in office anymore then

liberty
>feel like jacking off
>jack off in privacy

no liberty
>feel like jacking off
>jack off in front of a webcam

??? are you retarded ?

lol, goblinistan is the closest thing to a police state in the first world yet one of the least safe, thanks trumpet

>it's hard to actually get a clear picture
have you wondered that maybe that's because there isn't a clear picture? if you want real anonymity/privacy then you use hidden services with manual encryption and NO JAVASCRIPT, on Tails, ideally through an ISP that holds none of your personal details.

if that sounds too much, you could also install Brave/Iridium/whatever and use DuckDuckGo. those things do a very good job at making people think they're immune and can do whatever the fuck they want. kinda like thinking you're a saint for sharing a social media post promoting a charity.

the point is, there are many different kinds of privacy and security issues. you can't just protect yourself from all of the threats, especially when you don't know what they are.

>VPN
It depends on what you use the VPN for and who you want to hide your identity from. I use it simply to bypass geoblocking and download restrictions but if you think it will help you hide from the NSA you're fucking retarded.

Best response in this thread.

From my knowledge of what a VPN actually does,
>Encrypt your request
>Send to VPN server
>Get bounced around within the network and decrypted
>Fetch requested page
>Re-encrypt
>Send back to you
I struggle to understand how the NSA is inside this? Unless they're physically underneath the VPN servers (which they probably are).

Would you jack off in an open window where everyone can see you?

I would maybe, and as I was doing it, I would be wondering what it has to do with my liberty.

>struggles to understand how NSA could tamper with VPN connections
>explains one possible scenario to himself
congratulations

The point is that not everyone is as shameless as you. If I wanted to fist my wife in our bedroom, but she doesn't want to because the government installed surveillance cameras in our house and is afraid that someone might be watching, then what liberty do we have?

Tor isn't compromised, but to answer your question: it can't hurt. You need to understand that a VPN basically just takes over the role of your ISP. If they log and you do bad things, you're still fucked (without TOR). And you don't know if they log or not.
I suppose if somehow you do get pwned through TOR and your VPN doesn't log, you're still safe, but you can't rely on it. So yeah, probs won't make TOR any safer, but it won't do any harm.
VPN over TOR is an awful idea however.

Which layer is on top of which? Tor on top of VPN or VPN on top of Tor?

Tor over VPN means your traffic goes to the VPN and then enters the Tor network. Just like usual except your ISP is replaced by your VPN. Hides your real IP from Tor, as it sees the VPN IP. Exit node is still a Tor node.
VPN over Tor is the other way around pretty much and is probably really dumb. You can look it up and find a better explanation.

Where do you live that you can't fist the wife you don't have because of surveillance?

What if my wife needs a surveillance camera in every house to get off ?

Don't worry. Bengie didn't actually say that.

Attached: mind blown.png (878x1551, 111K)

Apparently not in whatever camera-free shithole country you live in. Not even that user, but you really don’t think your electronics can see you? You have a lot to learn.

>TOR = compromised
That's why the Snowden documents showed that you need to be specifically targeted for them to even attempt to intercept your Tor traffic (to clearnet sites). I am willing to accept evidence that the network is compromised though, and I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. Do you have any?

youtu.be/-uuF01CLBTA

This comes from a bunch of Chinese monkeys.

The United States could do this on a city-wide scale in some Midwestern city in the 1980s, though it could only detect metalized objects - but it could, in essence, grant 3d coordinates for every moving gun within several sausage miles. I imagine the energy cost was immense, of course. I can no longer find the article where a guy describes how he was brought underground to a tubular structure for a pat-down during over of Bush I's things, though he was just wearing a metal brace around his injured leg, all this miles away from the event. Here's a Google search to get you started if you want sauce:

presidential metal scanner terrorist 1980s bush underground police

everything online is shit, don't use it, pay in cash

wow, such hard

>VPNs
Hides what you're doing from your ISP, but shows that to the VPN provider and their ISP. Also, the visiting site won't see where you are.
>Tor
Hides what you're doing from your ISP, but the exit node and it's ISP can see that instead. The exit node still doesn't know where you are because of layers.
Also, the visiting site won't see where you are.
>disabling JavaScript
Disabling JavaScript severely deceases tracking abilities of websites. There are now some methods of tracking with CSS over html so disabling Js might not be enough if sites start adapting CSS tracking.

You must use Firefox if you want to have any form of control over your privacy. You could use IceCat or Tor browser instead. Addons:
uBlock Origin (must have)
uMatrix (must have)
Here's a link for more information: www.privacytools.io

just dont use tor-browser in fullscreen, that's how they caught my friend.

It all comes back to javascript, which should definitely be disabled.

Tor has been able to circumvent this kind of tracking for over a year now even with js enabled.

Ur dumb, nigger

Kekd

Unironically privacytools.io

what is true online privacy?
probably stuff like lavabit or cockli that have a record of defying and being harassed by the government.
of course if youre one of those 9d chess people you probably think Snowden is a false flag and that nothing is safe and everyone glows in the dark.
the truth with privacy is that blanket solutions are shit. it's like how most of the time the best "hacking" is social engineering. only retards think security by obscurity isn't a valid form of privacy.

I can freely fist my wife I don't have because I don't live under surveillance. One would think you'd get it by now, but it seems you really are retarded.

So I can't see videos of you fisting the wife you don't have then.