UBlock and uMatrix

Is there any benefit to using both? They do basically the same thing

Attached: 1533425826457.png (2000x2000, 108K)

uBlock Origin is enough

/thread

blocking is not good enough, you need to obfuscate

AdNauseam
Noiszy

>inb4 google shills

you can write YourOwnWebExtension

There are features in uO that umatrix doesn't have and vice versa. I keep hoping for the day everything is just merged into 1 extension.

Attached: Screenshot_20180709-072653_Firefox_1.jpg (1080x959, 123K)

Attached: Screenshot_20180709-072800_Firefox.jpg (1078x1868, 579K)

uBO is the go-to addon for people who don't like playing around with settings since it rarely breaks sites. uMatrix adds an extra layer of control over the requests that go in and out but you'll have to play around with settings in order to get certain sites to work.

>They do basically the same thing

Why do you like to talk shit about of your ass, OP?

What's the main difference between umatrix and noscript?

What's the difference?
Both use basically the same method of blocking requests. Sure they have some additional features but the main thing is the same.

>Commented over 3 years ago
Why even keep working on uMatrix? Just import it all into uBO's advanced settings.

noscript sold out

this.
umatrix is better but it's a time eater.

fpbp.
uBlock origin has block lists, just set it and forget it

Enjoy your third party javascript trackers

>They do basically the same thing
Hmm, no. Read their documentation.

Wow good answer, really specific.
As far as I've seen, the advanced mode of uBlock and uMatrix's point and click filtering are the same. They also both have static filtering, although uBlock does have noops and uMatrix has filtering per type per domain instead of just per domain.

Attached: 1528035104151.png (494x371, 47K)

Read their documentation, you imbecile. No one is going to spoonfeed you.

Did you not read what I just wrote? Both have basically the same features according to their documentation.
uMatrix: A point-and-click matrix-based firewall, with many privacy-enhancing tools.
uBlock origin: A point-and-click firewall which can be configured on a per-site basis
Both of these are from their respective sites so stop telling me to read the docs when I've clearly done that and found nothing

Attached: 1509019382417.png (559x374, 52K)

Using both is the best: UO for general blocking, UM for fine tuning.

"Enough" is turning off JavaScript completely.

they did?