Intel is finished

intel is finished
intel.com/content/www/us/en/security-center/advisory/intel-sa-00161.html

Attached: 1532634681386.jpg (638x599, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

foreshadowattack.eu/
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4343909/windows-10-update-kb4343909
theregister.co.uk/2007/06/28/core_2_duo_errata/
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=l1tf-early-look&num=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

foreshadowattack.eu/

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: tfw intel.png (633x900, 162K)

Nooo why would they fix it???

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4343909/windows-10-update-kb4343909

Provides protections against a new speculative execution side-channel vulnerability known as L1 Terminal Fault (L1TF) that affects Intel® Core® processors and Intel® Xeon® processors (CVE-2018-3620 and CVE-2018-3646). Make sure previous OS protections against Spectre Variant 2 and Meltdown vulnerabilities are enabled using the registry settings outlined in the Windows Client and Windows Server guidance KB articles. (These registry settings are enabled by default for Windows Client OS editions, but disabled by default for Windows Server OS editions.)

Attached: 1470069247303.png (653x726, 42K)

How can they continue to sell this shit? Why aren't they being sued into the ground? This shit is defective, and after the dozen or so patches, there's no way any of these processors are performing as advertised.

What CPUs are affected by Foreshadow and Foreshadow-NG?

Intel confirmed that Foreshadow affects all SGX-enabled Core processors (Skylake and Kaby Lake), while Atom family processors with SGX support remain unaffected. Intel confirmed that Foreshadow-NG affects the following processes:
Intel Core™ i3/i5/i7/M processor (45nm and 32nm)
2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th/7th/8th generation Intel Core processors
Intel Core X-series Processor Family for Intel X99 and X299 platforms
Intel Xeon processor 3400/3600/5500/5600/6500/7500 series
Intel Xeon Processor E3 v1/v2/v3/v4/v5/v6 Family
Intel® Xeon® Processor E5 v1/v2/v3/v4 Family
Intel® Xeon® Processor E7 v1/v2/v3/v4 Family
Intel® Xeon® Processor Scalable Family
Intel® Xeon® Processor D (1500, 2100)

Have we legitimately reached the point where desktop Intel chips have more vulnerabilities than cores?

>intel
No, thanks. I use TALOSII mainboard (4-core IBM POWER9 CPU) botnet free, no malware/bugs/spyware

Attached: tb,1200x1200,small.2.jpg (831x1200, 58K)

truly based and redpilled

>there's no way any of these processors are performing as advertised.
Luckily they don't advertise performance :^)

>Your processor is a swiss cheese housefire, guaranteed! :Δ)
Epic win.

Lol, wtf?

Attached: file.png (1182x312, 290K)

They're eating each other

didn't found my rynznen on list lol

Attached: 46d22d41.jpg (784x767, 65K)

No you don't. Prove it.

wew, i was starting to worry. intel hadn't released a new hardware exploit in what, a couple of weeks? nice to see them continue to allow people to exploit their server hardware so easily.
THANK YOU BASED INTEL

Attached: noice.jpg (800x778, 291K)

FIgures. Dell finally released the v4 fix for my laptop, so now I get to play the waiting game again. At least this is all local exploitation.

This is all a syop to get people to update to the latest versions of software/ OS' etc etc
It's a trap.

Attached: 1531641717446.gif (353x209, 2.62M)

>point out (((spooky))) words
>no actual point or argument
wow sure won me over

Attached: I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY M—.png (992x1043, 203K)

Well I bet (((they))) want to hide their secrits from the state too.

in other words
>we knew since 30 years ago that those OoO techniques that we implement have huge security holes, but now that they have caught us, we provide a fix. Haha niggers, you bought defective CPUs and you were shilling them online... and now you can't do anything about this.

I've let normies know i think this is important.
I also have 6th gen and 1st gen core intel cpu so i'm letting everyone know because i'm nice.

>Affected products: 6th generation Intel® Core™ processors

I have this processor. fuck intel

Buy next gen, goy ;)

Bogdanoff's revenge on Intel for failing to miniaturize the bogdabots even more.

Attached: ho3m5qwp76601.jpg (2560x1938, 651K)

AMD-powered umpcs when

fuck that shit. you are not getting my money jewtel. would I be safe from the vulnerability by switching to linux?

POWER9 is affected by Meltdown[1].

[1]

Jews jewing Jews isn't anything new.

That's only true if you recompiled all the firmware yourself and reflashed, you know the NSA and FBI can stop your shipments and bug them right?

The non-VM variant is actually fairly easy to mitigate, and I'd assume Microsoft also does that.

Both windows and linux have the same patches, you will lose performance either way.

For the non-VM variant, there's virtually no performance loss whatsoever. All that's needed is to zero out the physical address in the PTE when they are marked as invalid. The performance hit is for VM systems.

Based ATOM is never broken. It is truly gods micro architecture that has no spectre or meltdown. All hail our 64 bit supercharged 486!

>ITT : PCs are dead

>tfw still using 2017 ltsb build because i dont want my i5-2500k handicaped
fuck jews

Virginlake and Chad Atom

what about my core Quad OC'd to 3.9ghz

Attached: MAGA-smile.png (561x582, 609K)

I kek'd but then I cried

About fucking time. Now, how do we kill Microsoft?

OH NO NO NO

>Foreshadow
Wait, is this another new intel bug?

enjoy your slowdowns

Attached: 6854651651651651.jpg (600x400, 20K)

Time solves everything.

>mfw I still won't update windows because MS and intel have no idea how to make working software
>mfw I installed common sense 2018 so this barely affects me

My only regret is that I didn't install Common Sense: Premium Edition, which comes with an installation of linux and a non-intel CPU. But oh well, maybe next year.

Attached: steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_378638464_preview.jpg (1130x721, 171K)

Yes. Seems Intel's "highly optimized" pipeline is speculatively executing code based on L1 cache content that belongs to unmapped or protected pages.
The speculative execution proceeds just far enough to affect the rest of the cache, allowing the pages' content to be read through timing attacks.

Core 2 Duo the best? Or shuld I go with Atom?

>atom
No, don't do this.

Modern Atoms about meet half Core2 IPC, so a quad-core Atom would about match a Core2 Duo depending on the workload.

Lenovo Ideapad 110s with N3160 seems nice.

Compiling Gentoo should be the the same as with T9900.

is there coreoot + ME eraser out there for Ideapad 110s?

Modern atoms have speculative execution too. Maybe they was left out this time but the ride never ends and soon the embargo on spectre-ng will run out.

Israel has pretty good cybersecurity capabilities. Shame about the ethnostate.

theregister.co.uk/2007/06/28/core_2_duo_errata/

Which Notebook to buy in 2018?
want no holes and no ME botnet

None

old ones

bad goy

>2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th/7th/8th generation Intel Core
>mfw old laptop is not affected since it is 1st gen i7

>implying

>Intel® Core™ i7 processor (45nm and 32nm)
It is affected, it's not branded as 1st gen i7, just i7.

Man Intel is just hot garbage at this point.

honestly surprised Trump hasn't banned Intel from selling these fuckers in the US yet. How many hardware vulnerabilities do Intel have now? 22? And Intel notified china before the US when the first Spectre and Meltdown attacks arrived.

Trump, if you are reading this; perma ban intel and force all government agencies to use AMD products instead since they don't have hardware vulnerabilities and backdoors

any amd ryzen based laptop really

Attached: 1525353398975.png (1066x600, 429K)

this but unironically

>honestly surprised Trump hasn't banned Intel from selling these fuckers in the US yet.
He doesn't pay attention to faggots that leave his economic advisory council. Intel was part of it once early into the presidency, then bailed when Pres. Trump refused to do SJW virtue signalling.
The economic advisory council is still full of cucks however. So good luck pushing the word that Intel is shit to him.

Attached: KOTTED SOYBOY WHAT A FAGGOT.webm (720x1280, 1.74M)

>disabled by default for Windows Server
>AKA the online ones running serious things in Hyper-V
>meaning Azure is probably still vulnerable too
OH NOOOOO

they are beyond finished
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=l1tf-early-look&num=2

This can leak the current SGX remote attestation keys too (the microcode patch replaces them with new ones derived from the fused keys).

I happen to know this isn't even the worst thing that's going to happen to SGX this year. (Well, I presume this year. At the rate they're going it might bump into next.)

delid dis