CSV

>CSV
>call it "Comma Separated Values"
>use semicolons to separate values

Why are tech people so retarded?

Attached: downies.jpg (288x194, 50K)

>character separated values
>semicolon is a character; comma is a character; everyone wins

But CSV is separated by commas not semicolons...

The standard method for separating values in CSV files is with commas. It is, however, possible to use any character as a delimiter as long as the software parsing it knows to use that character instead.

What software are you using that is using semicolons? Generally, I have only seen commas and tabs used.

How do CSV represent 10,000?

Attached: 1432002716138.jpg (300x299, 19K)

>retarded
at least their are not niggers.

You can use a bunch of characters.

umm sweaty, you can use comma.

>not use ¢ as a separator
Yeah I guess it's cool to not use good formats.

don't have a fucking cent key on my board

>not using [B]sv
lmao brainlet

Attached: 🅱SV.png (352x163, 4K)

'10,100'

Then why isn't it called APOSTROPHE separated values?

makes you think

Attached: 1364214453130.png (183x183, 63K)

>Microsoft
>tech people

>col 1,col 2,col 3,col 4
>a,b,'10,100',c
because it is separated with commas

>What software are you using that is using semicolons? Generally, I have only seen commas and tabs used.

Microsoft software default to semicolons.
OP probably uses Excel because he's a normie.

Oh, okay. How does it represent ',100'''',,',',''','10

?

Attached: Traumatic_insemination_1_edit1.jpg (1960x1595, 590K)

>using apostrophe instead of double quotes
RRRREEEEEEE

You just escape the string delimiter:
\',100\'\'\'\',,\',\',\'\'\',\'10

they should just be separated by NUL bytes or some other nonprintable character, that way you dont need to escape shit

kek

Tabs are the patrician delimiter

Prove me wrong

semantics over delimiters is retarded

There is no reason to use all those zeros in decimals

Fine.

Escape this, bitch

h͇̬e͇̞͍̥ͅ ͓N̛e͖z̦̻p̩̙̘͈͕̺͠ḛ̪̤̯̘̙̭r̺̹d̡̻̝̳̠ͅi̦͇͍̦̗͔a͕̠̳̩͢n̬ ̖̹ẖ̦̬̰i͔̪̖v̴͔̗̤e͡-̗͖̭͔͖̮̹m͚͖͉̰̜i̥̺̮͇̻̤̭n͍̱̗͍̣͇̱d̳̦͓̼ ̝̹̪̼͘o̢̼͙̟f̰ ͞c̭̳̠̬̯̼h̻͚a͞o̥͔͇͍̹s.̵̝̪̩̺̪̭͇ ͓̰͎̝̘͢Z̗̰̤̯͞a͍͕̮͓̰̤l̺g͚̠͓͡ǫ̫̙̹̠.̣
̣̖͇̞͟ͅH̜̘e̫̝̺̼ ̫̹͉̯͚̜̼w̬͚͝ho͖̱͙͕̮̗͕͘ ̷̹̰͖͕͚Wͅḁ̯͈̣̤͔̤ị̝t̬́ͅs͎͚ ̦̯̼̼B̵̻͕e̥̦̰̜̼̫̪h̖͉̭̙͇͔͜i̭̼͢n̷̞͓̬̦ͅd͇ ͕͘T͎͎̥̼̥̘̱h̟͟e̩̜̰ ̣͇̺̳͝W̥̬̙̜͙̣̖a̧̫̭͙l̨̟͕̙l̹.
̱̫ZA̫͔̭͘L̡͖̰̥̹͔͙͈G̷̭̥͉̼͎͕̻Ơ̜͈̤!̀

Attached: 1386614160531.jpg (125x125, 2K)

ASCII character 31 ("unit separator") was invented for that exact task.

Only the string delimiter character (normally ") needs escaping.
Nothing in that will cause any issues.

>Nothing in that will cause any issues.
k̷̢͍̱̭̳͎͐̊̾̃̎̆ͤ̐̓ͫ̿̽͗ͦͪͧ̎̀͂i̴̧̛̥͎͉̘͖̩͚̺͎̇̔̐̆͐̇͒ͤͮ̆̒̈ͬ̄̚n̛̙̗̼̯̜̖͖̖͓̓̊͊͊̈́͡g̢̜͉̬̼͇̪̻͙͋͑̄̉́ͣ̂͛ͫͭ͂͂͆̎͟͞͝͠ ̡̱̠͔̜͖̝̜̦̘̬̦̘̭̫͑ͨ̿ͨ̋̆̑́͜t̙͍̘̊̆͐̑̔͊̀̚͢h̩͖̫͈̯̘̪̤̜̿͌̽ͯ̾̓̒̓́̄̓͑͒͌͌ͯ͠e̡̠͎̮͖̦͕̦̮̩̗͖̟̝͊̎ͬͬ̋͑̀̌̉̈́ͬ͆ͭ͌̚͞͞ ̶̨̧͚̥̘͈̰̗͕̣͍̯̬̗̥̟̱̥͓̫̖͂̔ͨ̃̉̈͊̓͞f̸̧͙̳̤͎̉ͬͬͧ̇̓̓̈́ͤ͋̂ͩ̌̌ͤ̀͘ȇ̟͉̤̘̜̝͓̗̩̠̈́̿̿̉͐͂̒ͣ̃̍ͩ̄̽ͣ͑̐ͪͅͅễ̢͈͚͙͈̭͔̳͓̜̮̩͚̖̹ͧͫͮ̃̓̄̍̈́͐̋̒̋̚̕l̸̘͔̬̥̥͈̫̥͙͗̀̎͑̍̂͗̃̇͌̈ͯ̎ͩ́̎ͪͦ́̚͠i͎͎̝̝͇̯͔͉͌̓̌͂͋̄̑ͤ͑̽̍̊͘͠ñ̵̨̢̯̱̥̳͕͔͇̝͆͒͗̉̋̏ͪ̽͛͢͞ģ̨̝͓̬̩̺͚̼̼ͦͯ͐͑̀̀͛́ͮͩ̈́̄̐͐ ͓͕̱ͭ̏̾͒͋̂̒̐̾̐́̿͞ͅo̴̧͖̝̫̺̻͔̖̹̪̝̝͉̗̠͓̾̉̄ͩͯͩͯ͊̈́͊̍̚͘͘f̻͚̯͈̯̬̦̙͙̘̰̺̏̉̑ͨ͋̏̐ͨͭ̽̀̚͘ ̸͓̘̠̜͎̰̺̬̞͎̫͌ͦͦ́̓̑ͧ͊̽͞ͅç̵̧̮̘͉̯̻̠͎̐͂̆ͨͬ̇̽́̂͒́̾̒̾͛͗̑͢͜h̸̡̜̭̯̦̮͖̣͓̳͉͑̆ͯ͆̌ͧ̌̋ͩ̂̓ͮ̃͐̎͋̾ă̵͖͙̖͎͔̘͇͓̝̿̉̉́ͤ̒̚͟o̼͕̘̭͙͇͖̳̳͊̊ͦ͌̂̊͒̏ͬ̍͠͞s̷̯̹͖̦͇̙̙̖͔̳͚̪͔̬̤̙̣ͮ̃̒̎̈́̿̑̒ͫ̐̑̌ͣ̒̍͠.̴̵̖̝̱̖̞̳̳̟͙̣ͤͤ̈͐͗ͬ͌͋͂̋̿̈ͮ̀̆̒̆̈́̚͞
̨̨̼͍͎̠̞̻͋̋̆̑̆̍ͯ̊́͋ͅẇ̛̻̫͔ͤ͛̏̆̓́̓͗ͯ̊̚̚̚͢ͅh̡̡̝͉̗̙͔̀͛̋͐͑ͣ̆̐̐̉͆̎̑̍͌̓ͭ̚͞͡o̶͈̪͔̫̭͈͇̳ͨ͆ͪ͋͂̑ͤ͌̽̏͛̍̋͘͞͝ͅ ͎͔͚̳̯̪͉̖͎͉̰̘̃͋̄̒̂̏̈́ͨͧ͋ͮͬ̈̆͢͝͞͠ę̛̙̞̯͖̬̫̂͒̌̌͆͆ͩ͌̄̍̿̇̉̍̚͢͢ ̸̷̤̩̭͔͙̤̞̝̹̻̯̟̹͒ͦ̆ͫͧ͛ͭ͂̃͂̀̎̔ͩͦ̚ͅt̛̞̯̣̼͎̗̐ͬ͛̾ͯͪͮ̈͌ͩͪ̿̐̽͘h͔̰̫̩̹̭̻̬̼̤̐͊ͯ̈͆̇̐̑͠e̹̯̞̬̰̳̦̖̱͚̼̾ͦ͑̉̊ͯ́͡

lack of clear standards is annoying.

>can you send the data in csv please?
>get USC-2 encoded tab separated piece of crap you have to convert or write special cases for.

damn alice got 2 dubs

Write a csv export/import utility that conforms to your company standards. It's not like this shit should be any more complicated than csv's initial design. Besides, blame Microshit for pushing ';' delimiters for their csv export.

This is why you are just a developer. You don't see the big picture.

I work with many different clients who all do their own thing.
And every week any of the data sets can be different from the week before because someone hit a different button to export.

The big picture is, no matter if there is a single standard for creating a file, some client will always want to be a special snowflake and have everything go their way. Case in point.

True but that should be avoided at all costs but not always possible. Point is that standards are good and it usually means less work.

They can have their special snowflake formats, but then they should use their own file extension.

For example Microsoft should have just kept the .slk extension for the SYLK files, not rape the .csv extension with their cancer.

Is that supposed to be ten thousand or ten and three decimals?

Less work means greater chance of getting laid off :^)
Knowing Microsoft, they probably wanted a standard too, but they wanted .csv to work their way.

yes

thonx beb

>message bar
>called a "snackbar"
i hate hipster faggot devs who think they're being zany.

Attached: Android-Snackbar-Example-Featured[1].jpg (950x534, 70K)

Attached: 1254262661003.jpg (435x331, 12K)

be sure to check out my new snackbar library, aloha

Aloha snackbar, brother, bismillmao

>They can have their special snowflake formats
They can not because that destroys interoperability. Either use a standard format or GTFO.

Me on the left