NVIDIA RTX 2080 is Faster than Titan V in a new Bench

>a new NVIDIA Graphics Deviceā€ that outperforms a TITAN V has just leaked out from Ashes of the Singularity database

guru3d.com/news-story/possible-geforce-rtx-2080-(turing-gpu)-ashes-of-the-singularity-benchmarks-leak.html

wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-benchmarks/

Attached: NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-2080-AotS-Benchmarks-2.png (1542x783, 873K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cJFm51OFcNA&feature=share
twitter.com/AnonBabble

k

>RTX TITAN
obviously

>RTX
It's a fucking ray tracing card like a quadro, not a gayming card.

Isn't the GTX 1080 also faster than a Titan V in a lot of games?

>new gpu is better than old gpu

Attached: 1367285391289.png (379x214, 18K)

Nope

Kys inbred fuck

Attached: DGGVUHNUQAA7qen.jpg (1024x576, 45K)

>Ashes of the Singularity database
Why is this "game" always used in first leaks?

Nothing special about that.
1080 beats the Titan that came before it.
So the next 2080 model should damn well beat the current Titans.

I think the real joke here is people buying titans being fully aware they're gonna get pwned in less than a year.

>jumping from 28nm to 14nm means every release will follow suit

titans used to be the creme de la creme, but at some point nvidia bumped everything up so that the top of the line was really just 80ti and titan was pointless.

although if you're doing some tasks, that need ungimped double precision and more ram, titans are worth it. in fact for some things the old Titan Blacks will beat a pascal titan because of the way that single and double precision is handled.

Generally each new generation moves 1 tier up.

2080 is supposed to beat 1080ti or get close to it. Titan V is ~25% faster than 1080ti, so if its right, then the leap is 2 tiers ahead, atleast for the top tier models.

I think the game automatically phones home and reports your benchmark to the botnet if you are connected to the internet.

I want to play raytracing games but dunno if/when that will happen. No need to upgrade my 1080Ti until then. I don't even play at 1440p. I play at 1080p. lol

At that point wouldn't you be doing such dedicated/specific workloads that you'd want to go Quadro (or whatever they're called now)?

k
keep me posted

k i will

Not quite as impressive as it sounds considering the Titan V only scores about ~10% better than the uncut Titan Xp in that same test.

Reported amd fanboy

I'm using a GTX 1070 right now Jensen, get off my back.

You'd think it would ashtrays be like that but look at AMD. Rx480 exactly the same performance as three year older 290x

make me bitch

Also costs 50% less and consumes half the power.

The hero we need

titans have hag gimped half and double precision ever since the first one ate into quatro sales.

hes not wrong, the v was bottlenecking as it had something along the lines of 30-40% more cores then the next card down but only did 15% better.

It's probably a RTX 2080. The ti version will be a monster desuu

>In one game
>DX12
Its said the 2080 is 8 % faster than a 1080 Ti. Nothing to see there.

Titans were a marketing experiment by Nvidia to see if they could sell "defective" (ate too much power for their intended customers) Quadros/Telsa at a discount.

t.

Attached: 5d45ab5d.jpg (200x300, 17K)

Only fucking retards would buy a new card if they have a 1070 or above for the next 3-4 years(talking about gaymes). A 1080 is easily enough for 1440p and 60fps in everything and the next big jump will be RTX cards that will comfortably be able to do ray-tracing and games actually starting to use them in 5+ years. People buying a 2080 or a 3080 are gonna be left in the dust as soon as the first big game using ray-tracing with something more than 2 reflections in the entire scene will come out.

Attached: 214141241.jpg (480x480, 22K)

acktually
Only difference in quadro and normal gaming card was bios.

WHy call it RTX when for ray-tracing its as good as non-existent

Attached: wccftech.jpg (400x400, 52K)

I'm considering a 2060/2070. Been on gtx 670 for over 6 years and it's been a bottleneck for a long time. But I agree that a 1070 or the like should easily serve for a good while.

IT'S OVER. AMD IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT!

[citation needed]

See
Even Wikipedia requires source on this statement.

Attached: 1513667500667.png (1153x239, 35K)

Is this the RTX thing that costs $10000? Yeah, I think I'll pass on it.

What's the reasoning behind the "wait for the ti" rule? I mean does it mean "why cycling and upgrading between the x80 series when for the same money and time and cycle and upgrade to the ti products which are the most refined"?

> apologize misspelling

"why cycling and upgrading between the x80 series when for the same money and time, you can cycle and upgrade to the ti products which are the most refined"

No, Pedro.

Attached: rtx.jpg (650x283, 31K)

So when is the 2050ti/2060 less GB come out m

>same money
lol no, the 2080 is priced like a 1080ti, the 2080ti is going to cost absurdly more

ok but 980 and 980ti, 1080 and 1080ti (avoid mining affairs) were priced the same at their launch or ti was something more?

There's no real point other than people wanting "the best". The new x80 is always going to be faster (and lower power) than the old Ti. The new Ti comes out like a year after the new x80. The upgrade cycle is going to be roughly the same length.

Ti is always more expensive than non-Ti.

thought they already released that it was 40%-50% faster than the previous gen card...

>I think the real joke here is people buying *any technology ever* being fully aware they're gonna get pwned in less than a year.
better.

>1080p
what year is this?

I bought a 1060 a while ago to "hold me over" but the 2070 doesn't really seem to be all that impressive from what I've heard, guess I (we) need to actually see some real numbers (price & performance) before deciding...

It's THE Dx12 benchmark.

Titan V actually does horrible with DX12. Several games showed performance regression for Titan V going from DX11 to DX12. Check old benchmarks.

Price predictions on new cards?

Will Nvidia release new cards at higher price point to not cannibalize the old card inventory?

RTX 2080 was rumored to be $700-750. If that's MSRP, then NVIDIA's FE dogshit will probably sell for another $100 premium (like they did with Pascal) so $800-850 until cheaper custom models which adhere to MSRP come out. I hope they won't be so expensive but with AMD competition being non-existent I don't see why NVIDIA wouldn't push prices up.

You should have at least $1k set aside already if you're not dumb.

>tfw just bought a freesync monitor for my midrange amd card with my 6 months savings

Ashes of singularity uses DX12?
Meanwhile most popular game League of legends still uses DX9.
Why even release new graphics library every year?

How rich are you faggots?
Who pays $1k for gayming?

Stop playing videogaymes if you are 25+ yo.

But what if I want to invade in Dark Souls or call Napalm on Charlie in Rising Storm 2 after a long day at work instead of watching another shitty Hollywood film?

Attached: 1494502977946m.jpg (1024x945, 176K)

DX9 is mainly used for backwards compatibility because ASSFAGGOTS needs to run on everything from Brazilian antiques to hardware that you can find on store shelves.
Most modern games that need pretty graphics use DX11 for simple and quick high-level shit and Vulkan when they need to optimize as much as possible.

Attached: 1533558073814.jpg (1102x2290, 368K)

But does it have half precision?

Most retards rushing to buy the latest overpriced high end card don't even play games. They just buy it for benchmarking and e-peen purposes.

Exception rule:
Any AyyyMD past r290x

save me from this old gtx 670, I can barely run monhun at 720p

no goy, you have to pay more for that

So is anybody willing to give me a quick rundown on Titan? That name has been floating around for years, but I never really understood what those cards are about. Is it simply two fully unlocked chips of the newest generation on one board? If so wouldn't it be pretty normal for the next generation to perform better, because most applications can't really make use of multiple GPUs anyways? Could one use a Titan to use a windows VM in Linux with a dedicated GPU for guest and host OS?

titan is the most expensive consumer/prosumer level card
it isn't a multi gpu card, it's just a gimped quadro that isn't as expensive

what are my fps expectations on that 10k gpu

you would never need to upgrade again!!!!

>rich
Have you heard of a credit card? You don't have to pay the entire thing upfront

>Paying $1.3k for gayming is better than paying $1k.

Attached: 1514237024053.png (205x246, 7K)

>30% interest
wow
so you never used a credit card
I'd look for a reaction image, but now I see how someone is when they waste their life too much

It's factually a great investment if you aren't aspiring to be the next Barrack Obama. Dollar for dollar I've netted thousands of hours out of gaming, and general PC usage even more. Every other hobby is outclassed by the economy of video games, even with extraordinarily expensive components.

Consider something like a car, you're looking at something like $2k minimum buy in and that doesn't mean it's running. Body work and tools are going to cost you a fortune, an engine block will set you back at least $300 and again not necessarily turning. You put a few hundred hours in, maybe, and then you resale it which means it a business venture less than a hobby or it sits in the garage waiting for car shows.

I dumped $1,300 into a PC and got 1,290h and I can watch youtube videos specifically detailing mechanics beyond what Chilton's can show me. And we won't forget the movies, netflix, and countless hours of netflix and VoIP I've done on it.

what else is there to do? Retake western civilization or something?

for games? it'd be obsolete in two years.

This. Hollywood and passive consumption have failed me

But is it?
But is it though?

>in DirectX 12
So the API absent from pretty much EVERY major PC game release? There's a reason we're not seeing DX11 benchmarks

Nothing wrong with Nvidia hardware. Just terrible software and a shitty ecosystem. Without competition they can do pretty much what they want. They probably still have GPP in place, just not as public.

Titan V is gimped in DX12.

Attached: 93690.png (650x400, 24K)

Prices for 2080 and 2070 are rumored to be obscenely high, whatever that means.

2060 and 2050 will not support ray tracing and will still be called GTX.

yeah because nvidia will release tensor cores on the consumer market grade cards right?

riiiiight

>13% faster a new titan from the old titan

where are all those idiots that were expecting 40% leap in consumer cards?

Anyone think that 1080s might drop down to ~300$ price range by the end of the year?

>B-But. Muh raytracing!
Expect marginal improvements in games and detrimental performance in anything Gameworks related for several generations while the hardware catches up to the raytracing gimmick. If you are buying this generation for the raytracing meme you are a fool and his money easily parted.

See the GeForce 3 saga for reference as to how this will go down.

To me it seems like with ray tracing cards, they're developing the extreme enthusiast market and will target people for whom the 1080 is too cheap.

>DX12 is shit
water, wet.

DX12 is not shit. Developers are shit. They are too lazy or under time constraints by games companies to even bother learning how to use it effectively. Plus there is no financial insentive to do so as Nvidia has most of the market and that marker is easier and cheaper to accomodate on DX11. It's basic 101 capitalism. Technology be damned.

here we have the neet in its natural habitat

Pretty much the same thing can be said for all the past DX versions. Shit takes time to adapt.

It's literally only Nvidia dragging ass because their cards aren't DX12 compliant. They require other devs to gimp the shit as per their Gameworks

Novidia hold things back. Raytracing is just another marketing tactic. Nobody will be getting full 60+ FPS realtime raytracing in their games for a LOOOONG time. It will be logical increments as always. It's just a PR stunt for now. Sure they have faster GPU's than AMD using DX11 and Gimpworks to hurt the competition. If everyone suddenly switched to DX12 or Vulkan (and optimized it correctly) Nvidia would have a problem on their hands.

Case in point. That Unreal engine is really showing it's teeth to AMD.

youtube.com/watch?v=cJFm51OFcNA&feature=share

do burgers not have 0% credit

Sweet. More richfags selling their 1080ti's. I might get one now.

they are lazy because gameworks exists and nvidia does the job for them

1080ti outperforms TITAN V.