Which one python or c++?

so i started learning c++ few months ago and i realized its kinda pain in the ass and i quickly lose motivation and i tought about maybe switching to python and THEN learning c++
what do you anons think?

Attached: 1529871267256s.jpg (250x226, 6K)

why not learn both?

thats what i want but which one FIRST ?

why not in parallel, tho?

Why not Lua?

do you want my lil nut sized brain to overheat??!

but honestly I think if you really want both, learn C++ first otherwise after python it'll be hard because python is much much more simple and fun, so you'll be vomiting while learning C++ after python.

>mfw same dilemma
HELP ME Jow ForumsUYS

Attached: 1495288088439.png (645x773, 253K)

>and i realized its kinda pain in the ass
How is it a pain in the ass? I'm curious where you managed to dun goof

Honestly, user, I'm a brainlet. I tried to teach myself C++ and failed after I hit a wall about midway through my textbook. After I gave up on teaching myself, I started taking some online courses for Python and its much easier. I don't know if its because Python is just easier in general, or if its because having a teacher really helps. Either way, start with Python and learn how to think like a programmer, then move on to other languages.

Depends on what you're planning on doing with the skill. Anything short of videogames, I'd suggest Python. Get gud then when you're ready, try C++. Here's a clue though, the old saw to learn a bunch of languages, you may have heard it. Well, it's a bunch of shit. Linus doesn't know a bunch of languages. That guy at Google with the one monitor in the pics doesn't know a bunch of languages. 99% of the greats pick a single language and learn it through and through. I mean they get top 0.001% expert at it and they can make their language do shit normie programmers with 5 languages under their belts only dream about. I'm not saying don't dabble in other stuff but, what I'm saying is find something and focus. Become great. Your career prospects will thank you.

Attached: 1522764859700.png (1098x1110, 1007K)

some stuff is just confusing and takes extra time and gives me extra work and its frustrating and i suddently loose the motivation and slow down with progress

i was thinking about making somekind of tools and games

If you started learning one already I would stick with it. At least for me I wasted so much time jumping from language to language because of x reasons. I think you'd do best to just stick to c++ and power though.

I learned C++ first. Using python makes me feel like a god when I write it because it's so easy.
As my friend once said to me, "Python is my bitch!"

If you want to have an easier time learning, C++ definitely shouldn't be your first language. It shouldn't even be your second.

First Python.
Then Java or C# to wrap your head around static typing and hardcore object oriented programming.
Then maybe C or C++.

but how do i prevent too much frustration and demotivation?

But what exactly did you find so difficult that it made you to quit?

i didnt actually quit im just thinking about switching my first language

if i want to make a pinball arcade game which language would be better?
c++ or python

and should i buy a book when learning to code?

bump

I say power through C++. I got very demotivated when learning C because of the issues I faced. When facing a problem, take a break from the computer and think about it while performing the other duties of your life. Once you figure it out, you will regain the motivation you lost. Another thing I tried was reaching out to forums and communities for help and support when I became stuck. StackOverflow, despite being a meme, was very useful for answers and asking. What I'm saying is, you're not on your own, and therefore should make use of your resources, whether they be your own or from outside sources.

Yes, C++ is horrible as first language.

C and Lua

Attached: 1533483155950.jpg (573x892, 113K)

C++ because you'd learn more, it'd be more portable and it'd run better.

you are an idiot if you think anything other than C is good as first language

I just quit C++ officialy and will now focus on python and then see how it goes.
Probably later when i get somehoe into coding then i take on c++

Attached: 1522285401519.jpg (641x530, 44K)

You made the right decision. C++ sounds cool and it kind of is but the only advantage is it executes faster than Python which doesn't matter for 99.999% of programs anybody ever writes. Also, you can easily use C in Python by compiling a module so the speed thing is not really an issue anyway. Besides, even after you learn C++, just developing in it will always be hard and relatively slow compared to Python. And finally, the real power of a scripting language is the REPL. Trying out little snippets of code in it as you're writing your application is a godsend.

Learn GoLang, thank me in 5 years

Explain yourself

>Go
hipster trash. Bundled runtime. May as well just learn C++ if you want something compiled