What do you feel about manchildren who pay ungodly sums of money for mediocre consumer computers from the 80s-90s...

What do you feel about manchildren who pay ungodly sums of money for mediocre consumer computers from the 80s-90s because mmuh childhood when they could just emulate and save a ton of trouble/space/electricity.

It's kind of like the computer museum in Australia where everyone took all the shit they could run games on like cheap mass produced toys like the Amiga produced in the millions while ignoring real actual stuff like DEC PDP-11s that people did real work on.

Also need I mention that vidya is for children and you need to stop playing it when you get past 15. Grow up, manchildren. Take up a real hobby. Meet women. Have sex with them. Play an instrument. Things like that.

Attached: faggot.jpg (620x248, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/thread/S67136806#p67138613
youtube.com/watch?v=1ai9jtJHYow
youtube.com/watch?v=TzUKtwCSzQc
youtube.com/watch?v=UTOiySEHVfM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Meh, if you are just interested in playing I agree that emulation is the best. But I do like the idea of preserving examples of technology from the past for historical purposes. Having a museum of functional equipment from the 1970s to today would be cool as hell.

>implying video games aren't a real hobby
>implying premarital sex isn't far more degenerate
I agree it's retarded to waste money buying things you could easily pirate or emulate though.

Thanks for the blogpost dork

>vidya isn't a real hobby
>playing an instrument like a fruity little faggot is

Playing video games like Deus Ex and Metal Gear is far more manly than playing a musical instrument, and you actually have a slightly higher chance of making a career out of gaming (still extremely low chance).

>Playing video games like Deus Ex and Metal Gear is far more manly than playing a musical instrument, and you actually have a slightly higher chance of making a career out of gaming (still extremely low chance).

Attached: costanza.jpg (250x250, 23K)

>video games are for children
>says the person who just wrote a 4 paragraph post
>on an anime website

Attached: shit.jpg (600x646, 53K)

For me, video games is an extension to the hardware building hobby. Kinda like someone who puts a lot of time into building a great car, then goes out and races it on a track. With computers its the same, video games are the track where you can test how your equipment performs.

>play an instrument
I bet you play an instrument don’t you OP? Why? So you can bother people in public with your shit sounds and hope they feel sorry enough for your autistic ass to give you a dollar?

I'd consider someone with a PDP-11 at their house a far bigger manchild than someone who simply plays games.

warosu.org/g/thread/S67136806#p67138613

OP is this same guy from yesterday.

Anyone who plays videogames after the age of 18 should just be killed.

>unironically playing videogames over the ages of 14
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

youtube.com/watch?v=1ai9jtJHYow

>meet women
>have sex
>play instrument

Pfft nice try (((OP))). PROCREATE. CONSUME. GOOD BOY.

Attached: boomersmart.png (397x575, 122K)

>I'd consider someone with a PDP-11 at their house a far bigger manchild
You saying Paul Allen is a manchild?

>What do you feel about manchildren who pay ungodly sums of money for mediocre consumer computers from the 80s-90s because mmuh childhood when they could just emulate and save a ton of trouble/space/electricity.
Absolute retards. My general rule is that if I can emulate it at decent speeds, I'll just do that.

>DEC
Those Alpha machines were pretty damn cool. I don't have any VAX hardware but I have a couple Alpha shitboxes in my basement that I need to fix up and reinstall VMS on. I've also got some Sun SPARC workstations down there, one PA-RISC machine, and a bunch of SGI stuff. The SGI machines were great. Even their NT workstations used advanced technology like a graphical ARCS boot interface, unified memory, special texture and shading hardware. The MIPS workstations with IRIX were probably some of the best goddamn computers to ever be made. The OS interface was so polished and the hardware was absolutely stunning, inside and out.

Good stuff. RISC machines make my peepee hard.

>muh manly bideo bames
Shut up, retard. You sit on your ass like a fat bitch clicking buttons. There's nothing manly about that. Try working out.
>muh musical instruments
>muh career of bideo bames
I'd pay 100x over to see Bruckner's music performed live before I tossed a single filthy parking lot penny into the spare change cup of some insufferable neckbeard who doesn't know what life outside the basement is like.

>He thinks playing video games over the age of 7 is in any way acceptable
DO HOHOHOHOHOH

>my parents are rich
>only child
>will never have to work
post yfw you will never be a wagie

Attached: 918b469baaabb9f58cafa4c18797d0a24e6f148c58f3df314484b6d144a40240.jpg (409x409, 26K)

Hi, OP.

Everyone you don't like is not the same guy.

The comparison is less absurd than it seemed at first glance. Both consist of memorizing user inputs to a device; playing a piece of music is akin to playing a game, where simple rote practice increases your skill at it.

Two differences occur to me:
>the audience
Should I care if someone appreciates my gaming skill? Is a person likely to appreciate it going to be worthwhile?
>the potential to create new works
No matter how good I am at the keyboard/mouse/controller, I am no closer to writing a game than I was when I started.

"People aren't allowed to have hobbies I don't like."

-- OP

*sips*

Hahaha I like these threads!

I'm pretty sure that the end goal of emulation is to replace the whole thing.

>Meet women
No. They have cooties.

Yes? The only difference is when a rich person collects weird shit we call them "eccentric." Its only weird when poor people collect things.

another day, another 'muh LGR boogeyman' thread

>I'm pretty sure that the end goal of emulation is to replace the whole thing.
Not sure if troll or...

>play an instrument
>get told that you're a manchild and should stop listening to metal after 15

It is though. Adults only listen to classical, ambient, and Blue Note jazz.

Imagine being so pathetic that only place you felt safe were years from your childhood.
Imagine being this gay

You sound like one of these who listens to classical music and eats black chocolate because it enchants your brain.
Very adult, much smart

>4 paragraph post
add brainlet

youtube.com/watch?v=TzUKtwCSzQc

>manchildren
How about Arab MILFs? :^)

Attached: 9kUW1uP.jpg (750x529, 64K)

Uh, tell me, what's the difference between spending money on computer/tech as a hobby vs some dude spending money on a expensive as fuck car that he drives like maybe 4 times a year? From where I sit, there ain't much difference. Point is, people got choices, they got money, they can spend it on whatever the fuck they want. Why should you give a shit anyway? The money ain't yours.

Maybe in the 1940s or some faggy suburb of San fagcisco

>Also need I mention that vidya is for children

Found the brainlet cs major.

>play vidya all your life, get really good at gaming
>0.00002% chance of successfully starting a youtube/twitch gaming channel that makes enough money to pay the bills

>play musical instrument all your life, get really good at making music
>0.00001% chance of getting paid enough for your music to pay the bills

people have been recording music for hundreds of years, but people have only been recording videos of themselves playing video games for the last ~15 years so there's more demand for new gamers. also having experience playing video games is at least 15% of what you need to develop video games.

Attached: img-74774.jpg (450x475, 41K)

Most of the CS (male) students i know initially choose it because "then you can develop videogames" meme

>people have been recording music for hundreds of years
Sound recording only goes back to the 1890s.

>implying Mozart lived in the 1890s

>recording music
>recording

>implying pen and paper recording is not real recording

if video games existed hundreds of years ago us gamers could record button inputs on pen and paper.

Seriously grow up manchildren.

LYLIPOSTEDAMANINAFUNNYHAT XD

>there aren't other methods of recording music

The earliest fragment of musical notation is found on a 4,000-year-old Sumerian clay tablet, which includes instructions and tunings for a hymn honoring the ruler Lipit-Ishtar. But for the title of oldest extant song, most historians point to “Hurrian Hymn No. 6,” an ode to the goddess Nikkal that was composed in cuneiform by the ancient Hurrians sometime around the 14th century B.C. The clay tablets containing the tune were excavated in the 1950s from the ruins of the city of Ugarit in Syria. Along with a near-complete set of musical notations, they also include specific instructions for how to play the song on a type of nine-stringed lyre.

“Hurrian Hymn No. 6” is considered the world’s earliest melody, but the oldest musical composition to have survived in its entirety is a first century A.D. Greek tune known as the “Seikilos Epitaph.” The song was found engraved on an ancient marble column used to mark a woman’s gravesite in Turkey. “I am a tombstone, an image,” reads an inscription. “Seikilos placed me here as an everlasting sign of deathless remembrance.” The column also includes musical notation as well as a short set of lyrics that read: “While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.”

Attached: oldest_song_1.gif (400x302, 63K)

>falling for the "jazz is good" meme

I don't see anything wrong with being a man child myself.

Video games are fine; it's just when people base their entire lives around them it becomes obnoxious.

>complaining about manchildren
>while posting on an anime forum screeching autistically about people liking things he doesn't like

Attached: 1474391877184.gif (379x440, 140K)

Do the animeposters even realize they are the target audience for this bait thread?

The times change. When my dad was in college, IT studies were strictly mainframe shit because that's all there was in the 70s.

>DEC
>Those Alpha machines were pretty damn cool. I don't have any VAX hardware but I have a couple Alpha shitboxes in my basement that I need to fix up and reinstall VMS on. I've also got some Sun SPARC workstations down there, one PA-RISC machine, and a bunch of SGI stuff. The SGI machines were great. Even their NT workstations used advanced technology like a graphical ARCS boot interface, unified memory, special texture and shading hardware. The MIPS workstations with IRIX were probably some of the best goddamn computers to ever be made. The OS interface was so polished and the hardware was absolutely stunning, inside and out.
>Good stuff. RISC machines make my peepee hard.
Yawn.

These threads seem to be very recent.
I'm willing to bet some faggot's just jealous of his favorite's eceleb's collection.

>complains about manchildren
>acts like a stupid child

OP is retarded

Attached: nutbladder_kaiji_s2_-_01_d721c8a703239419-31-42_resize.jpg (640x360, 46K)

>being jealous of Clint's 486 Doomboxes
No.

Doom is plebian as fuck anyway.

Deny all you want, but you just showed you knew an eceleb's real name.
You're clearly obsessed.

To each his own.

I wish the OP had known that.

Why do people honestly want to play these inferior home computer ports of arcade games when you can play the real thing on MAME?

I remember when I was 14 and thought it was a desirable goal in life to be in a band and impress women too.

>I agree it's retarded to waste money buying things you could easily pirate or emulate though.
Explain.

>Videogames

OHHHH NONONONONONOOOO

PFTTHAHAA

>this is what boomers actually believe

Attached: boomer.jpg (233x216, 6K)

explain what?

Explain why he thinks it's a waste of money to have the real hardware instead of emulation.

as long as you work to earn your keep you deserve to have whatever silly hobbies you like

is this thread taking potshots at LGR or people who collect old computers parts in general? it's an enthusiast thing, and you don't even need to spend a lot of money doing it either. most of this stuff you can get for pennies if you're smart enough. it's not hard and i'm not sure what you're projecting and bitching about honestly

>Shut up, retard. You sit on your ass like a fat bitch clicking buttons. There's nothing manly about that. Try working out.
You sound like some overbearing steroid jock.

>overbearing steroid jock.
not even close

he probably browsed Jow Forums for 15 minutes and ate a piece of celery

LGR has definitively had more women/sex than the OP.

All threads like this do is expose the true demographic of this place. It's more funny that said manchildren are getting angry enough to reply to OPs horse shit bait more than anything. I play gaymes but I won't deny they are a manchild pastime and often used to escape responsibility in life. This is the age of the Bugman after all where your identify is defined by the things you consume. Perusing a life of hedonism has become favorable over starting a family.

>I play gaymes but I won't deny they are a manchild pastime and often used to escape responsibility in life
So tell us what hobbies "mature" adults do instead.

Probably sitting around wearing a fedora and listening to ambient field recordings or something.

If you truly can't think of anything else to do but play games then I don't know what to say.

>couldn't even get PushingUpRoses

He traded pussy for the floppy drive.

youtube.com/watch?v=UTOiySEHVfM

Apple II CFFA. There are two Flash floppy emulators available for the Apple II, this one and the Apple Floppy Emu. Personally I prefer the latter because it's more flexible than the CFFA and lets you preserve more of the original operating features of the computer since it just plugs into the existing floppy controller instead of replacing it entirely.

Do what makes you happy!

Attached: 1533990934398.png (600x800, 245K)

The funny thing is that I can understand when people get mad at collectorfags for console games since they really do drive up the prices up cartridges. PC games are different though, almost all PC games are WORTHLESS because if piracy, it's why used game stores never sold PC games. Maybe a sealed copy of Fallout 2 or Sierra/LucasArts shot is worth money, but the used PC market is drastically less profitable than the used console market. There's nothing to get "mad" about with LGR or any PC game reviewer. They're not driving up the prices of anything. Stuff like the Gravis Ultrasound was already expensive before he covered it.

>most of this stuff you can get for pennies if you're smart enough
He who has not checked out Ebay prices recently.

work work work like the wagecuck that you are

There are a lot of other reasons why they don't sell PC games.

based and red pilled

Attached: f647g0dj5je11.jpg (1459x1907, 220K)

>expose the true demographics
What are you even "exposing" here? The anime banners and the abundance of anime pictures should have tipped you off long before you start posting here. Go back to rϵddit where you belong. Maybe you'll find like-minded people who are impressed by your pathetic attempts of being "mature".

>Go back to rϵddit
As an aside, why is this phrase filtered?

>and lets you preserve more of the original operating features of the computer since it just plugs into the existing floppy controller instead of replacing it entirely
Explain.

probably a site-wide filter that was implemented because using that word either causes or is the result of shitposting and flaming

Watch the video. The CFFA is an actual card that plugs into a slot on the Apple II and it has a menu you can pull up to mount and select disk images. The Floppy Emu just plugs into the existing controller card and has an LCD screen and toggle buttons to select images. So for all intents and purposes, it will behave exactly like using the thing with real disks. Also it can be used on a Mac/Lisa/Apple ///.

>seething
Just carry on studying Mario 64 lore and reciting MGS quotes like your fellow /v/irgins. You never know, there might be high demand for video gayme historians in the future.

>Emulation-Bros don't have to buy physical hardware and the Games to play the games, thus lowering the demand and reducing the price
>Collector-Bros dump and preserve the games and distribute them online
The eternal retro-gaming friendship

>his life is so consumed by wagecuckery that he can't think of anything but work

>don't know anything about computing beyond mass market consumer shit but still generally insufferable know-it-alls
>only even uses retro hardware to begin with because emulators "just aren't the same" and doesn't actually care about computing or history unless they think pretending to makes them look cool/smart
>usually braindead fanboys for whatever particular shitty platform they used as a kid and dismiss everything else because apparently you can't respect something without literally worshiping it
>rarely contribute anything interesting to a discussion, just blog about their shitty "battlestations" and all of the old video games they mindlessly consume
>usually the biggest shitposters in retro threads, behave no differently from the modern gamer children they pretend they're superior to
/vr/tards are fucking cancerous. That being said, I draw a distinction between someone like who just likes old games and isn't a dick about it and a /vr/tard that acts like games are all that matters and views everything through that lens.

that's because you're trying to get the stuff everybody else wants

if had any sense you would've had it before everyone else knew about it

Attached: 1528535669469.png (1242x1218, 1.57M)