If Google is data-mining people and Jow Forums is paranoid about privacy why do you guys not use iOS instead of Android?

If Google is data-mining people and Jow Forums is paranoid about privacy why do you guys not use iOS instead of Android?

Attached: iphonevoneplus.jpg (755x453, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/
reuters.com/article/us-apple-privacy/apple-tells-lawmakers-iphones-are-not-listening-in-on-consumers-idUSKBN1KT04I?il=0
appleinsider.com/articles/18/08/07/apple-responds-to-congress-on-privacy-reaffirms-the-customer-is-not-our-product
washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/johns-hopkins-researchers-discovered-encryption-flaw-in-apples-imessage/2016/03/20/a323f9a0-eca7-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html?utm_term=.d4b7b03614f4
bgr.com/2016/03/21/iphone-imessage-encryption-hackers/
thehackernews.com/2017/08/frappening-celebrity-photos.html
9to5mac.com/2016/04/19/apple-transparency-report-law-enforcement-requests/
engadget.com/2016/07/21/kickasstorrents-apple-facebook-homeland-security/
cnet.com/news/iphone-apple-brassiere-photos-nude-pictures/
consumerist.com/2010/06/21/privacy-change-apple-knows-your-phone-is-and-is-telling-people/
telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/8912714/Apple-iTunes-flaw-allowed-government-spying-for-3-years.html
telegraph.co.uk/technology/3358134/Apples-Jobs-confirms-iPhone-kill-switch.html
theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/15/apple-removing-iphone-home-button-fingerprint-scanning-screen
theintercept.com/2016/11/17/iphones-secretly-send-call-history-to-apple-security-firm-says/
theguardian.com/technology/2014/nov/04/apple-data-privacy-icloud
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/05/new-guidelines-outline-what-iphone-data-apple-can-give-to-police/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because if you use iOS both apple and google track you

iPhone: tracked by Google, Apple and CIA niggers

Android: at least have the option to flash LineageOS without GAPPS and use XPrivacyLua to feed fake information to botnet apps if you need to use them

Because they do it too, extensively I might add.

hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/

this

iPhone is not tracked by google if you do not use google services. Using LineageOS without GAPPS is awful.

Apple spying on us?
Evidence that they don't:

Apple's brand includes a strong privacy focus

Their privacy policy and TOS say they don't

There business model does not include the same data mining/advertising angle as the other big tech companies (and it's obviously working for them)

They have a few high profile cases that suggest they don't (the San Bernardino Shooter, the recent earnings call, testifying at congress, etc...)

If they got caught lying, it would ruin their brand

Evidence that they do:

What's stopping them?

I think the evidence that they don't is stronger than the evidence that they do, but I could be missing something.

reuters.com/article/us-apple-privacy/apple-tells-lawmakers-iphones-are-not-listening-in-on-consumers-idUSKBN1KT04I?il=0

appleinsider.com/articles/18/08/07/apple-responds-to-congress-on-privacy-reaffirms-the-customer-is-not-our-product

whether you use android or ios you still have to deal with apps tracking you... only reasonably safe ones are open source apps...

washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/johns-hopkins-researchers-discovered-encryption-flaw-in-apples-imessage/2016/03/20/a323f9a0-eca7-11e5-a6f3-21ccdbc5f74e_story.html?utm_term=.d4b7b03614f4

bgr.com/2016/03/21/iphone-imessage-encryption-hackers/

thehackernews.com/2017/08/frappening-celebrity-photos.html

9to5mac.com/2016/04/19/apple-transparency-report-law-enforcement-requests/

engadget.com/2016/07/21/kickasstorrents-apple-facebook-homeland-security/

cnet.com/news/iphone-apple-brassiere-photos-nude-pictures/

It's almost as if using any kind of cellular device with GPS functionality that's always on is inherently non-secure.

Apple has been lying for decades now. Prove me wrong.

I will when you prove they had

They collect BSSIDs and GPS data for their network location service.
consumerist.com/2010/06/21/privacy-change-apple-knows-your-phone-is-and-is-telling-people/

They neglected fixing a security vulnerability for three years so law enforcement could use it as a backdoor. Who says they don't the same with iOS?
telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/8912714/Apple-iTunes-flaw-allowed-government-spying-for-3-years.html

They also have a backdoor to remotely wipe phones.
telegraph.co.uk/technology/3358134/Apples-Jobs-confirms-iPhone-kill-switch.html

Apple proposed integrating the fingerprint scanner into the screen so you can't use the phone without giving away your fingerprint.
theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/15/apple-removing-iphone-home-button-fingerprint-scanning-screen

Apple collects all your call history.
theintercept.com/2016/11/17/iphones-secretly-send-call-history-to-apple-security-firm-says/

We had the fappening happen because it uploads all your images to iCloud. It even sends the files to the cloud without asking for permission.
theguardian.com/technology/2014/nov/04/apple-data-privacy-icloud

Most iCloud data and some data from passcode-locked devices can be provided.
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/05/new-guidelines-outline-what-iphone-data-apple-can-give-to-police/

tl;dr: Apple is just as bad as Google

This whole thread m8 but it sounds like your too brain damaged from all the aids cum shot at your eyes by other homosexuals such as yourself to understand any of it.

Apple doesn't track you, they actually put measures in place to prevent facebook, google and others from tracking and they aren't in the information selling business. You can turn off analytics with one click and read the log about what has been sent. The rest of the privacy settings are also extensive

Sure they don't, kid.

Because iOS is completely proprietary. With an AOSP-based OS, you can use AOSP/Linux without ever touching the proprietary Google Play Services framework.

Moreover, AOSP-based OSes have some very good programs for privacy (firewalls, host-based tracking protection, web browsers with add-on support, etc.). AFAIK iOS doesn't allow you to install a firewall without jailbreaking.

Wrapper programs for popular web services are available. For example, you can use NewPipe instead of YouTube (the Android/Linux program). These free as in freedom programs often minimize data collection (in the case of NewPipe, it doesn't include Google Analytics). There isn't anything similar available for iOS.

I only see iOS as the better option (privacy-wise) if the owner is completely tech-illiterate, and won't ever touch a firewall, an adblocker or anything like that. Then yes, iOS has saner defaults than the proprietary Android forks that most companies push to the user.

Attached: best re-zero girl.jpg (650x366, 29K)

Attached: prism-slide-51.jpg (700x525, 85K)

See

Because HATE APPLEL REEEEEEEEEEEE

OP here, that's what I thought. I'm a brainlet that's been using iPhones for a decade but wanted to switch to an Android phone for a while now. I'll probably take the plunge when OnePlus releases the 6T.

Attached: xrtuzdthg.gif (359x270, 398K)

they lie about literally everything

>Using LineageOS without GAPPS is awful.
But i've been using clean Lineage without Gapps at all for 2 years, it's the same shit unless of course you depend on googlel services but i don't have a googlel account so whatever.

Attached: 43.png (432x480, 234K)

Apple are partners of PRISM that's all that really needs to be said you soulless shill faggot.

Theres no such thing as privacy. I admit apple does it a little better, although I'd never assume its secure, just your data is pimped around a little less. Anyway, the iphone was amazing when it first came out but it hasn't made much progress, meanwhile android offers a superior desktop-analogy, tons more flexibility. I used to like windows for the same reason, its open and free, like a classic car you can mess around with.

The mental gymnastics that the people on this board to justify using android while simultaneously bashing google is staggering. I'll never understand it.

Apple might be a botnet but it's a lesser by far.

There's no way to completely disable telemetry on iOS. At least you can do this with the open-source Android OS on an unlocked phone.

Honestly if I'm going to be tracked either way, I'd rather have the software I prefer, so Google it is.

Privacy is a meme sadly

>he thinks Apple isn't datamining iOS users

When Apple's GSX got leaked, I got non-stop phishing attempts specifically for this website. Not many people know about Apple GSX.

Make no mistake, there isn't security by obscurity on virtue of being Apple anymore. On the contrary, the amount of people who want to hack into any iDevice or Mac and reap a bounty by either Apple or a government are endless.

what is prism? who is Snowden?