Apple is reportedly arguing that buildings at its headquarters are worth just $200 to reduce its tax bill

>Apple is reportedly arguing that buildings at its headquarters are worth just $200 to reduce its tax bill

Think different!

businessinsider.de/apple-trying-to-reduce-cupertino-tax-bill-2018-8

youtu.be/RTPh67QFK6E

Attached: maxresdefault(13).jpg (1280x720, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/supplier-responsibility/
youtu.be/ZtAHGZffoLI?t=129
youtube.com/watch?v=wRbAUKv09N4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well what their buildings produce is worth $0 so that's not unreasonable

the land is valued at more then that fa, any building is more than 200 bucks, 200 bucks is a 2x4 shed

Why do you think there is a dancing down in OP?

*teleports to cuckertino*
*take rocks and smash all the walls*
here's a nickel kid, now you can replace the glass, nothing personnel

I don't blame them.

Will Apple eventually lose their cool image like Harley-Davidson?

Can't lose something you never had.

Attached: 1523012682234.jpg (996x954, 319K)

They already have

This.
Taxation is theft.

bwekfuss

Meanwhile every other large corporation has been dodging taxes like this for decades and the conservashit 20 year old boomers on Jow Forums haven’t said a word.

It's disgusting when they do it. But Apple is a TECH corporation AND they are in the news for it. Of course it's relevant to Jow Forums - technology. Fuck off

As far as I'm aware, not even Japanese salarymen get tattoos of the companies they marry (unless yakuza)

This is messed.

Apple is a tech CORPORATION. They have the responsibility of making money for shareholders.

They also have a responsibility to accurately and regulary pay what they owe.
>Merely pretending

Fuck off commie janitor.

And they do. If the government has a problem with it they should ask them about it. They have no reason to proactively overpay taxes.

>They have no reason to proactively overpay taxes.
This. The only duty of a company is to ultimately deliver profits to its shareholders. It makes absolutely no sense to pay more tax when its fully legal to get around it and is hence why I called the other guy a commie.
If the government really wants to stop this, actually update legislation.

>They are trying to say their buildings are worth $200
>they send their money through tax havens to pay less than 10% in taxes
>this is okay to you
I'm not saying that they should pay all or even half their income after expenses towards taxes. But you're baiting if you honestly think them paying less than the average US citizen in taxes is remotely okay

If it were legal they wouldn't have to go through tax havens to pay so little

If it's not ok then the government should change it. They are merely following the law.

What they are doing is perfectly legal. Is putting money in a 401k going through a "tax haven" because you aren't paying taxes on it?

I never said it was right or that I agreed with the current system. I literally said
>If the government really wants to stop this, actually update legislation.
Why the fuck would and why the fuck should a public corporation not try to lower their costs as much as possible?

There is nothing stopping the US government from making legislation to change that.

401ks get taxed at the normal amount when you either withdraw it or put it in.
>Just have the government change the law
You do realize that the laws are written by and lobbied for the corporations that don't want their process to be illegal, right?

>You do realize that the laws are written by and lobbied for the corporations that don't want their process to be illegal, right?
Yeah, I think the US government is fucked with regards to how commonplace lobbying and whatnot is (and should be addressed in my opinion), but that doesn't change anything of what I said. It would be absolutely for a business to pay more tax than they legally have to unless they're doing some 4D chess PR move.

>absolutely
Was supposed to say "absolutely retarded" or "stupid".

Maybe you should elect better representatives then? Or just move to Europe, where they tax everything 80%. See how many tech companies are there.

>they tax everything 80%
Pretty fucking sure EU corporation tax rates are ~10% less than in the US.

So you think the laws should be changed, but you're fine with what these corporations do because they aren't breaking the law. Even though they are the ones donating to the govt to write laws that benefit them, if not actively in on writing the laws themselves. Sounds like you are "against lobbying" as long as it's to try to get people on your side.
>there's only complete tax evasion or complete taxation
False dichotomy. Also, the US has the highest corporate tax in the world, so the EU doesn't tax more. I'd love to vote for better Representatives, unfortunately the only ones that make it are rich by themselves, thus using the tax havens, or rich from taking donations by said corporations

>the laws should be changed, but you're fine with what these corporations do because they aren't breaking the law
Yes, that is literally what I believe. What is the problem?

The very people who are benefiting from not changing the laws won't change them, so saying 'lol just change the laws, bro' doesn't make any sense

>The very people who are benefiting from not changing the laws won't change them
So what's the point of this thread exactly then? If you just say "lol system fucked, no can do", what's even the point of this discussion?

educate yourself you stupid mutt

I'm not OP though, I'm assuming the point of the thread was to just post off topic bullshit

Regardless of if you made the thread or not, my point still applies.
You think its wrong, I think its wrong.
I say its fine because they are following the law but the law should be changed.
I assume you would also want to change the law to stop this from happening, but instead you've just decided to throw your hands up and say "nah its too fucked" and just dismiss the idea altogether, which gets you right back to step one - fucked up tax laws.

nice argument

apple.com/supplier-responsibility/
they intentionally lose money to increase public good will
appearing to care about social responsibility is just as or more important to their bottom line than getting cheaper aluminum to make products

Both stances come to the same outcome. Mine, rightly or wrongly, by saying we can do fuck all and yours, rightly or wrongly, by saying it's fine as long as they follow the law, we should fix the law but idklol how we are going to do that so I'll just be complacent instead

How the fuck is saying "the law should be changed" the same as "lets do nothing (complacency)"?

>what is pr

Because you're saying the law should be changed, yet you're entirely ok with tax Haven shenanigans and likely have done fuck all to actually get the law changed.
>As long as it's legal, I'll not stop it no matter how much I disagree with it an think something should be done

How the fuck are you going to stop a business from doing something that is not illegal?

By raising a stink long enough and loud enough that something will be done about it to make it illegal. Again, you're just as guilty of doing nothing as I am, the only difference is is that you're okay with what they're doing.

>building has 1000 Mac computers inside
>computers cost $3000 each
>building is worth 3 million dollars
>

>By raising a stink long enough and loud enough that something will be done about it to make it illegal.
Stupidest thing I've read all day. Most people think its wrong, most people don't care. Even when PR scandals happen, consumers are short minded and will go back to not caring within weeks/months.
If you want something to change, you simply have to change the legislation. The influence approach is hardly viable for MNCs.

>you're okay with what they're doing
Yeah, I'm fine with businesses that are not breaking the law not being punished for breaking the law.

what did he mean by this

>white people
lmoa

It's more than PR. Those programs cost money that could be profit to the shareholders. They're not doing it out of the goodness of their heart. If they don't spend on those programs they risk being pulled in front of congress and having headlines about "apple's slave labor." Not great for shareholders or the stock price.
The same goes for taxes and negative publicity. It's not as simple as "apple pays exactly what it owes, no more."

>apologetics
It doesn't fucking matter. Yeah, if everyone else is doing it then they should also be getting exposed and paying their taxes properly. That's not an excuse for the trillion dollar company to skimp on their tax payments.

OP is just some edgy faggot so likes to insult these fine performers who have overcomed their disabilities to make something out of their lives (unlike OP). youtu.be/ZtAHGZffoLI?t=129

Even if they claim their building is $1. They still need to pay huge amount of tax. The huge tax comes from the land.

Sold to me for $200. I love Apple now!

Those are actually pretty high def tattoos. Robot machine tattoos?

I would like to buy it for $200, then kick Apple out.

This is genius, an idea so crazy that no one would even think of

Someone should build a freeway on their premises, demolish the building and pay Apple $200 in compensation.

>dancing down
youtube.com/watch?v=wRbAUKv09N4

Quite easy for buildings to be worth negative amounts of money. There are government programs to pull down slums and old industrial sites, also many old office buildings (Apple probably built in the 80s) cannot be renovated because of decomposing synthetic materials in critical structures.

>people defending tax on every building on your land which you also pay tax

Good, taxes shouldn't even exist

Attached: 1523620627961.png (940x814, 30K)