Why doesn't Microsoft make the surface with an AMD processor?

Why doesn't Microsoft make the surface with an AMD processor?
They're primarily machines used for art apps and the dual core Intel processor is holding them back from greatness.

Attached: IMG_3288.jpg (384x384, 21K)

There's a good chance they're working on it right now or have tried it.

Go to your local Microsoft HQ and make sure sneak out of the building with a half built Ryzen Surface Pro.

tdp

I work at the Sydney Microsoft store and there's nothing in the back

I work at one of the california Microsoft Stores and there's nothing in the back.

In the works, pending official announcement

I work at the Hyderabad Microsoft Store and there's lots in the back.

add a trackpoint and i'll buy it
fuck i want to upgrade already

Because Microsoft is in collusion with Intel, isn't it obvious?

Attached: 1534042817852-g.jpg (600x552, 23K)

>Why laptop manufacturers don't make more laptops with AMD CPU?
ftfy

The answer is monopoly.

hollyshit store does r&d too? lmao

We build everything in store

Cuz the CPU itself is almost as thick as the surface.

Why did you think Intel had the fiasco with the thinner CPUs a while ago? To make devices even thinner.

Then make a bigger surface

Because on idle, Ryzen uses 5x the power, all laptops with both a 8th gen Intel model and Ryzen model, the Intel gets twice the battery life at 11h vs 5h30m.
Ryzen is both much more powerful and power efficient at load though.

Ryzen uses less power though???

Ryzen uses a lot more when you're just doing little things like art and web browsing.
Gaming and Video editing, Ryzen will use a lot less.

No one wants to buy a thick heavy Surface.
If they wanted something thick and heavy they would buy a laptop.

Why does the xbox have amd?

My dad works for Nintendo. There's nothing in the front.

Intel is too expensive for consoles, it's why Microsoft dropped Intel for IBM after the og Xbox. For a "premium" overpriced tablet for hipsters, it doesn't matter as much.

OEMs are slow, it's been years since they made laptops with two different cpu brands
they'd have to build new production lines and make new mobo designs for those

More like
Why not anybody make anything with AMD processor?
There are paperlaunched matebook D and thinkpad e485 which you can't buy because of supply shortage.
Also it's not like AMD released any decent mobile CPUs recently. Surface (both laptop and tablet variants) is passively cooled so they only use mobile processors.

CPU itself is energy efficient but it doesn't support LPDDR memory. LPDDR was specifically designed to save power when idling. Normal DDR can't do that, it consumes same amount when idling.
People need to stop comparing mobile CPUs with PC CPUs. AMD simply haven't released any mobile CPUs in like 4 years.

speak for yourself

Attached: HP ZBook x2 Detachable.jpg (1475x497, 138K)