Macbook Pro killer?

Is the Thinkpad P1 the new Macbook Pro killer?

lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-p/ThinkPad-P1/p/22WS2WPP101

Attached: lenovo-laptop-thinkpad-p1-1.png (1060x596, 397K)

>tech specs
decent
>Windows 10
go out, OP

>shit trackpad
>shit display
nope.

>4k IPS touch
what's wrong with it?

>touch
meme shit

>shit display
But it has a 1080 option. Anything that requires scaling is garbage by default. And that includes macbooks because not even OSX can scale perfectly.

>Chinkpad
>macbook pro killer
ayy lmao
Next you will tell me a ford ranger is a ferrari killer

touch is nice
t. x220t user

You realize that Mac are made in Chinkland too right? I never understand why applefags think Chinkpad is an insult when their own device is as chinky as it gets.

>mac pro guts v. chinkpad guts .img

A $300 Acer is a macbook killer.
Apple is a fucking joke.

Attached: 1517129417410.png (636x727, 137K)

>Both are still made in Chinkland

I don't even own a Mac but your post is just fucking retarded.

Need Turing GPU.

>starting at 1950

Attached: 28577870_928252264007866_6586153848690595714_n.jpg (106x98, 5K)

my mom's cat beats the macbook pro.....
>doesn't thermal throttle

Is touch enjoyable on the x220t with win10? Was looking at Carbons.

>Is the Thinkpad P1 the new Macbook Pro killer?
"They still make those?"

Why would anyone want to use wangblows? It makes everything awful.

yeah it's pretty good, I play civ 5 on it with just the stylus, OneNote works well too

Can you swipe between desktops and all that good shit?

yeah you can, at least in tablet mode I think, that's not really a feature I use since windows desktop virtualization is still lacking compared to linux DE's

>Jow Forumstard autists thinking tech specs matter.
Come back when it comes with macOS and you can walk into a store and exchange it for a new one if it happens to fuck up.

>comes with macOS
that wouldnt be a good thing

Mac OS is the best proprietary operating system.

>fagOS

The P series is too expensive desu

>best proprietary operating system
that's like being the nicest smelling shit
also windows is much better lel

How is Windows better than anything? I can't think of one good thing to say about it.

I'll buy it for $500

I used wangblows in your mom 12 years ago. Looks like it was super effective.

Does the touchscreen works well in linux?

Better buy a 1k gaymen laptop as a mobile workstation, what could go wrong

>Thinkpad P1
No price listed, but looking at the specs I expect it to be 3,500 - 4000 Euros. I checked yesterday and I know I can get a very portable and good gaming laptop for 1,300 - 1,900 Euros. Why spend more when the terabytes of data you'd want to process with a Xeon come from a big RAID in the basement anyway?

>16:9

Honestly, it's a toss-up as to which is shittier.

> basedfag holding it
Sorry but this image made me not want to buy it.

Attached: lenovo-laptop-thinkpad-p1-feature-3.png (577x445, 354K)

You're absolutely right.
Now imagine macos is worse than this.
Really makes me think

Why is no one using a gaming laptop do to the heavy processing? They can keep an overclocked i9 cool for days.

>lacks physical buttons on bottom of trackpad
No. Lenovo fooled me with this once. Never again.

Inb4 price is higher than a Macbook Pro.

The trackpad shouldn't even be there. How basic are you?

>Windows
lol

Unless it runs a non shit OS it'll never be a "Macbook Killer".

>mactoddler thinks he runs a non shit OS

Attached: 1509543507393.jpg (750x892, 308K)

Lenovo didn't even make it own photos for the ads. It's just a shopped stock photo.

Attached: 846095846-1024x1024.jpg (1024x683, 230K)

>mixing brown with blue
>sporting barbarian beard model "Allahu Akbar"
Why do people think this is cool and hip?

However shit you think MacOS is it's still miles ahead of Windows, I know because I run it at home.

same

>Windows PC
>MacBook Killer

However shit you think Windows is it's still light years ahead of Macos, I know because I run it at work.

Attached: 1510273059589.webm (964x720, 1.42M)

What is that supposed to illustrate? Your inability to use diskutil?

It's just what Chinese think is hip in the West.

Mactoddlers will defend this.

>implying you can't install any other OS
>implying you can't order Thinkpads with an empty HDD/SSD and install any OS you want on your own

What these companies don't get is that they will never sell as much as apple by catering to the business side.
Apple sells because it's marketed to the consumer directly

Lenovo customers have been asking for them to go back to 15 inchers without numpad for years, this thing will sell well and they know it.

Attached: t530.jpg (1000x1000, 138K)

>I can't think of one good thing to say about it.
Because you have no idea what you're talking about, user.
All your experience is limited to using Windows as a customized shitposting platform - an elementary task Windows might not be the best tool for. It's otherwise great for work, development, entertainment, and multitasking.

t. develop on Win10, CentOS, and MacOS.

Hey look, user. We use the same operating systems. I think macOS on desktops and CentOS on my server is the perfect combo. I use Windows for work because I have to. After you use macOS more you'll realize how great it is.

Who is this Apple shill and why is he so infatuated with cars?

>4k
>16:9
Garbage.

>battery life and thickness and size don't matter in a portable device

lol is Jow Forums the dumbest cunts ever

it's literally like going to buy a sports car, a different class and complaining there isn't 7 seats

>P
Who cares, almost nobody needs a P series.
It's niche as fuck.

>he's so retarded he can't even follow a 5 step tutorial online to make a hackintosh installation usb

LOL, I have a perfect customer in mind. Our assistant professor at the university chair where I work. He pulls in industry research projects for funding and needs to sell the meagre results. That Thinkpad on steroids would be perfect for him. He could install our very demanding deep learning software and then tell the clients: See? It runs on an ordinary laptop!
(He's pulled off shit like that before.)

I'd buy three or four different thinkpads if it weren't for the 16:9 aspect ratio. It's fucking 2018, boys.

I would really consider buying it, if it weren’t for the new keyboard. Still using my W520 because I like the old one so much more.

After trying macos there's no going back to windows or linux.

>anything
>mac killer
Does it run OSX?

My current job is dedicated iOS development. MacOS is shit. The more I work with it - the more shit it becomes.

>It's otherwise great for work, development, entertainment, and multitasking.
LeL no, reminder that for a long time windows had a 'bug' where external monitors would get lower resolution.

Have you ever tried reading text on a windows machine? I had to read a PDF on Windows the other day. It was painful. Great you can play Le epic gaymes. Can’t even render fonts to read a text document.

Not an argument, really.
Have you ever tried not to be autistic about fonts? There's no "objectively best" font rendering out there. I genuinely prefer Windows' rainbows to MacOS' AA. Reading documentation for a prolonged time on a Mac causes quite noticeable eye strain for me. Meanwhile, I'm perfectly comfortable with reading actual books on Windows, let alone documentation.

I intend to learn ios dev just so I would have to use macos and not shindows.

Thinkpads used to have better macOS support than any other laptop. Not sure about the current ones.

>Thinkpads used to have better macOS support than any other laptop that isn't a MacBook.
You almost made an error, user. Thankfully I corrected it.

I considered that when writing it but I think it was kinda arguable which had better support. I think I remember the Macs still having worse graphics drivers but better wireless ones.

>no numpad

Kek fuck off
This
>better than steaming shit
Still shit. Hackintosh support sucks ass

>comparing a laptop to a tablet

Yeah I can't believe that Apple is still in business

The MacCook Pro was the Macbook Pro killer, let's be honest.

That being said the P1 is a pretty sexy machine.

my head says no but my dick says yes

macbook killed itself

>also windows is much better lel
no

Normies always use analogies involving cars or sports instead of just sticking to computer lingo. It's the weirdest thing.

>Lelnovo
Move bitch, get out the way.

Attached: dell_precision_5530.jpg (950x460, 41K)

Enjoy your chink Lenovo botnetted backbreaking fucking trash.

it shows the password as the hint, doofus

I would assume it's because cars and sports are the most basic interest anybody could possibly have.
Just a theory, though.