Not dreaming in code

>not dreaming in code
I shiggy diggy

Attached: 1534280808741.png (991x915, 874K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.codinghorror.com/why-cant-programmers-program/
youtube.com/watch?v=w3_0x6oaDmI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

American programmers are just as mediocre as indian programmers.

she cute i want to kiss her

Ok, go to jail now

>image shows kid fucking with a pcb as if they know embedded programming and are actually using zero-day vulnerabilities
>its actually just kids doing basic sql injections

wow its nothing

Attached: p0wnyb0y-Audrey-1st-2nd-break-in-1200x775.jpg (1200x775, 138K)

Less than 10% of people worldwide who call themselves programmers (or related names) can be actually called that, let alone those who are of exceptional ability.

>to our democracy
Sigh...

You don't need to be some all-knowing wizard to be considered a programmer. The fact you placed such an emphasis on being called a programmer shows you're no better than a pajeet.

Apparently leaving the voting machines insecure for 20 years was a political strategy. A card up the sleeve.

Attached: 834cda80110b43161de14cdc831a7dba.jpg (619x800, 48K)

cd
cd
cd code
cd
cd
cd

It's like Ahmed's clock all over again

>>its actually just kids doing basic sql injections
Clickbait articles about hacking generally piss me off. Throwing kids and politics into the mix for clicks is even worse

>trumplestiltskin cucks literally denying the fact that Russia hacked the election
o I am laffin

Attached: fedora_vape.jpg (480x480, 33K)

I've put no emphasis on that, it's people who call themselves that name do. I'd personally stop at SWE if I had to describe my occupation. You certainly don't need to be an all-knowing wizard to actually be a decent programmer, but 90% of people who "code" wouldn't even be able to do simple tasks like reversing a string or finding a sum of all even numbers between 1 and a 1000, it's a well known fact. Not to mention the rest of the skills needed to actually solve problems well.

> fedora_vape.jpg

Attached: 2b3k2.jpg (634x650, 72K)

on the one hand I'm glad because otherwise I'd be incredibly jealous of kids being smarter than me

on the other hand why /the fuck/ are /voting systems/ vulnerable to SQL injections??

>a replica

>but 90% of people who "code" wouldn't even be able to do simple tasks like reversing a string or finding a sum of all even numbers between 1 and a 1000, it's a well known fact.

I'd like some sauce on that without a Pajeet sample.

never patched/updated/old

there's no way some 11yo is breaking a voting system in 10 fucking minutes otherwise

It was at a kid's hacking workshop. They had instructions on how to do everything, and the SQL injection was just to alter the Appearance of output, not the actual output

>DEF CON participants discovered that voting systems running on expired SSL certificates, encryption keys that are intended to create secure connections, were the most vulnerable and easily hackable. DEF CON said this proved the “malleability of these systems.”

Doesn't make any sense. How would an expired certificate make the keys vulnerable? It just means a normal web browser won't trust the identity of the site. The encryption key used for the session is configured separately from the certificate and the server chooses the cipher suite based on what the client presents.

Gonna need to see a detailed breakdown of these attacks before I believe anything that bullshit rag Vox says.

i wan 2 fug sakurako

It's democrats trying to push the "we lost the election because it's rigged" agenda

>to our democracy

fucking sinclair scripts everywhere

Yeah bro that just isn't true

This is extremely dangerous to our democracy.

dum fux should have just used the blockchain

"She" seems to have a blond mustache.

>government allows something as simple as sql injections when it takes 5 minutes to fully sanitize the worst databases these days
believable, honestly government is fucking dumb.

How is Ahmed? I heard his father took him out of that school. School offered for him to be readmitted. I heard his father then took him to some Arab emirate state, i.e. where he belongs and where he'll be probably stoned for mock up bomb shenannigans.

and the kid in the pic is a girl for more clickbait appeal.

>gatekeeping

Unmaintained systems were the most voulnerable. Make sense?

You guys still remember the story of the """inventor""" who had invented a clock, and claimed he was inventing CPUs back home?

I bet a story like that is behing OP's headline.

Attached: 417454fab2143029820f6a7067002f91_c0-0-3504-2043_s885x516.jpg (885x516, 72K)

this is extremely dangerous to our democracy

He is /g user.

Not gatekeeping, just stating the facts. I've got nothing against shitty programmers.

I mean, yeah it is. Most popular example:
blog.codinghorror.com/why-cant-programmers-program/

It's weird how they picked a white kid for their propaganda.

Please note the people in question weren't necessarily retarded; some of them were PhDs in certain fields. It's just that the ability to actually program stuff on digital computers requires a specific skillset that not many people really acquire.

The girl is actually hot.

Even if you're a basement dweller who doesn't get out at all, you're supposed to have seen pictures of girls on the internet.
She's not hot. She's not even at an eligible age yet.

White girl*, that's the catch.

Different tastes, I guess. I like nerdy girls that are not bitching around.

Attached: 1521289466499.gif (320x214, 2.66M)

>mandatory class on SQL injection by school
>school gives them access to voting system
>hey kids now try inserting "; DROP ALL TABLES" in to the voting system and see what happens
>wow Janice!!! Ur SO smart! go girl! Fuggg Drumpf!

pictures of the girl hacking?

Attached: pictures of the girl hacking.png (1049x784, 729K)

>taking pictures from the botnet

Don't worry, I reinstalled Gentoo after. Google will never know it was me.

Yeah you've got nothign against shitty programmers except that they shouldn't be called programmers.

and I cant even learn C...

I bet it's a stock photo

Actually nevermind, don't even need to bet it
>via Getty Images

C720, the GOAT Chromebook

Did your remember to replace the NIC afterward?

This is extremely dangerous to our democracy

He didn't invent a clock, he made a fake bomb with the expressed purpose of scaring his classmates, then he cried to the media when he was arrested for causing a fucking bomb threat.

Attached: Allāhu akbar!.jpg (1024x707, 96K)

>US spends the last seventy years of its foreign policy influencing other democracies to replace elected officials with right wing totalitarians
>gets butthurt when another country pays for Facebook ads supporting a right wing totalitarian win an election

>the fact that Russia hacked the election
Okay now show me the facts

I don't know if all of Jow Forums hate Tom Scott, but his explanation is pretty good. I can't argue for any pro that hasn't got a fatal flaw after watching this.

youtube.com/watch?v=w3_0x6oaDmI

Nah, it's going to be a simple hack, as in just messing the wires up, that'll do it.

codemonkeys sound more appropriate

For that they'd have needed physical access to the voting machines.

Imagine not knowing the point of the article was to highlight that hacking voting machines in seppoland is literal child's play

>blaming the dangers on malicious hackers
>not on the flawed system and whoever designed it

Damn.

>10 year old kids already know c++ and can hack into NSA

Attached: brainlet.jpg (205x246, 9K)

Also literal kids
>"no, it's not our system being shit, it's those damn kids who keep breaking into our system!"

problem is that the article was designed to question the security of electronic voting in the US to push the
>russian electronic magic stole muh election
in reality the kid changed nothing but display values hacking club penguin when you were 9 was more impressive

Yeah. I'm 28 and I'm still learning the fundamentals of infosec. I wish my parents would actually let me do shit with the computer at that age.

yeah i think im gonna kill myself.
i mean some 11 year old kid can already hack the government and did it in less than 10 minutes

yep, its all over bros. Fucking kids probably reformat the drives on the international space station while listening to latest memerap on their custom made android streaming app on their jailbroken androids. No competing with these geniuses. Boston dynamics probably buying their AI designs.

>thought you were smart for being able to program and graduate top of class in CS
>someone little kid can do what I spent a decade learning in a fraction of the time while playing minecraft on the side

Attached: 1530076048429.png (200x300, 28K)

Obvious troll is obvious.
I think that was complaining about retards not understanding that calling the US a democracy is like calling a CVN a boat. While it's technically correct at the very basics of the definitions, the US is a representative republic, not a simple democracy.

>CS grad
>actually thinks he's smarter than anyone, even children

>SQL injections are enough to break the feds
Fucking embarrassing.

I don't give a shit. I only took the degree so I could get my foot in for a job where I could actually learn something and make money.

they aren't, Vox just needs to an excuse as to why DRUMPFT won for it's stupid readers

So why'd you get a CS degree

what are they even trying to say
did she crack it or did she make a similar system with 3 wires and a potatao

Shit like this makes me jealous. I don't need more jealousy in my life. How do I cut it out or block these feelings?

remember that every single child '''prodigy''' that's ever been featured in the news has done nothing significant with their lives. Go ahead, look them up.

I bet this is similar to the “girl that hacks her dad with a raspberry pi” when all she does is login to his ssh server.

>>not dreaming in code
I dream in Mathematical equations, it's a goddamned pain in the ass, I start to drift into my sleep and the fucking operators start showing up. I once dream I was being chased on a sheet of paper by a giant Integral operator, woke up sweating buckets.

I actually was programming in my dream tonight... I was dreaming in Lisp. Could be just tetris effect.

>where he'll be probably stoned for mock up bomb shenannigans.
What are you talking about? School there is all about how to make clock bombs.

Kill them
Cant envy the dead

It's just a stock photo, I'd guess. Also a 10-yo being able to hack it probably shows how easy it is

If it makes you feel any better, it sounds like it was just SQL injection and editing HTML. Maybe a metasploit console with an exploit ready.

You should be happy there's still kids interested in this stuff.

Most democracies are republics, the US included. There's nothing really special about the US in this regard. They're a constitutional republic and a representative democracy like so many others. Republic and democracy aren't at odds with each other in any way and most are both, though there's republics that aren't democracies and democracies that aren't republics. Also the US is a liberal/"Western" democracy, if being a representative democracy wasn't enough to warrant calling it a democracy (though of course it is).

I think Russia's meddling probably didn't help but as an outsider it'd put the blame on the strange system where it's not really that everyone's vote is equal.

I am happy kids are interested in this stuff, but at the same time depressed that my tax dollars are being wasted on old machines running old and insecure software. I hate to say it, but if I can only trust pen and paper to securely tally my vote, then I would rather rely on that.

It's just inspect element Lmao

The only thing that dude is inventing is a bomb, as we can clearly see in pic related.

t-the answer is 250500 r-right?

Attached: 1533149347597-g.jpg (640x482, 49K)

>She's not even at an eligible age yet.

I've heard they were given the exploits, and that the replicas were put on intentionally insecure servers to prove the point. Anyone have a source for this?

except pianists