Remember when operating systems were simple, and didn't need 4GB+ for simple tasks, and didn't have any cloud crap...

Remember when operating systems were simple, and didn't need 4GB+ for simple tasks, and didn't have any cloud crap? Those were the days.

Attached: Windows Vista.png (365x273, 95K)

Windows 95 was the last non-bloat OS

My Ubuntu setup uses 700 MB of RAM on idle, only for my browser to eat the spare RAM when it can. I hear Windows 10 uses 1.5 GB on idle these days. Why do modern apps (especially browsers) need so much RAM these days?

Why does Windows 10 come preinstalled with games like Candy Crush?

I'm currently using just over 1 GiB with 7 Firefox tabs open, as well as terminator. Gentoo with KDE.

That's a funny way of saying msdos 5.0

Windows Vista needed a gigabyte of ram to work properly when Windows 98 just needed 32MB. Vistards btfo.

>Remember when operating systems were simple, and didn't need 4GB+ for simple tasks
>posts Vista

Attached: 6524091dbd059e06dee09249d145d9d79305b28632bef18f16e57bfe39392b21.jpg (864x480, 94K)

>700 MB of RAM on idle
bloat
KDE uses

hopefully OP is ironic

Your system uses more ram because it CAN, upgrade to the double amount and you'll see Windows taking up more of the spare ram you won't ever use anyway

> inb4 boomer

Money, just like it used to come installed with solitaire.

bullshit, Win10x64 idles at ~3.4GB no matter how much RAM you got. Same with Win7x64 (~1.7GB).

I’ve noticed that it’s roughly 1.7 desu

Unused RAM is wasted RAM

W7 is perfectly usable with 4GB of RAM.

windows 7 ran better than vista did

neither of them are really "idling". There's a bunch of active services running. Which is why people who disable services tend to... surprise... have less ram used.

how about I disable your face with my fist

Wasn't solitaire microsoft's own product tho?

Windows 7 was literally Windows Vista SP3 and nobody realized it because of the magic of branding.

90% of Vista's issues were caused by shitty drivers and PC manufacturers slapping "Vista Ready!" stickers on bottom end shitboxes, if Creative didn't exist Vista would be as findly remembered now as Windows 7 is.

aero is a resource hog no matter how you cut it and uac was a mess on vista, it's fair to say a lot of the problems it had was third party problems and it did improve by the time sp2 hit but was still a mess of a launch
and in the line of thinking that 7 is just vista sp3 - 8 is literally just a minor improvement over 7 but with a trainwreck of an ui, 8.1 is just a service pack, and 10 is just another bunch of minor iterative improvements with more ui changes

is this the infamous incel rage

The last good OS was pencil and paper, you millennial faggots.