Is the Model M a meme or is it really the best keyboard ever?

Is the Model M a meme or is it really the best keyboard ever?

Attached: model-m-clean-front-large.jpg (1000x435, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pckeyboard.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=BtkAFhz1BC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've heard some people say that the model F is better, but I've never used one. I have 2 model M keyboard though, and they are easily the best keyboards I have ever used.

The M is for meme, fuck outta here OP you killed a thread for this

any full size keyboard is a huge meme

Only IBM are allowed to use buckling spring switches, so if you want them, you're pretty much forced to buy that fucking gigantic piece of shit.

IBM no longer makes them. Rights were sold to Unicomp, but their nowadays versions are of quiet disputable quality for their price

pckeyboard.com/

Model F had different version of buckling springs. Model M had a cheaper variant. Still durable if keyboard is new.

Bullshit. Any non full-size is a meme and decreases productivity.

The only time I have used numpad is in FPSes for binded vsays

I'm sorry that you're unemployed.

Tenkeyless is a meme

Well, I am employed. Remote admin FTW.

both ibm model m and f's are shit and will give you and everybody else in the room tinnitus and chances are if you want to buy one it'll have been pulled out of a dumpster

>my productivity is limited by the slight speed decrease in going from a numpad to the number row
ask me how I know you do nothing but braindead data input all day

youtube.com/watch?v=BtkAFhz1BC4

Sysadmins are slightly higher than tech support pajeets.

Dunno. I had gotten used to small keyboards when I got my five (5) bnib ones for $30 total.
Huh, that's a lot worse than I expected.

Attached: 1490522892334.jpg (644x526, 267K)

It's okay, but lacking many modern features, making it annoying to use as a main keyboard, i have mine around for an emergency, but I use a Pok3r as my actual keyboard, and I much prefer it.

>everybody else in the room
>he shares an office

dem clickityclack tho

Not having a super key is a real pain in the ass, but the buckling springs give a really nice 'clunk' feel and sound.
I alternate between using it and my cherry blue keyboard.

Attached: 1534166024286.jpg (640x640, 58K)

This may rustle a few neckbeard jimmies but... Rubber done feels perfectly fine.

it feels just like a normal business keyboard other than it's very heavy and has a lot of metal in side. they seem pretty bulletproof, but the feel of the keys don't seem any different to me.

Were you using a newer model? Some of them after 1990 don't have buckling springs

I still have memories of being kept awake at a sleep over because the hosts brother was using an ibm model m a couple of rooms over
don't underestimate just how fucking loud they are

not sure, just used my workmate's one for a time. really it just annoyed me not having the windows key..

Depends on whether you prefer click or bump feedback. If you prefer click then the Model F and Model M are the best keyboards ever made.

If you prefer bump, buy a Topre instead.

Attached: LRM_EXPORT_20170929_102949.jpg (2048x1536, 2.14M)

I had an IBM kb just like that and threw it away, did I do bad

I don't know, when dealing with numbers hours on end the numpad is really nice. Other than that I guess there's not much point

You could've at least got good money for it on eBay

Well fuck. But to be fair, it was a while back and I had no way of knowing it would be worth anything, since it was old and (imo) nothing special. A bit clunky even.

I have a Unicomp Ultra Classic not as good as a Model M but the feel of a buckling spring is unmatched. I think I'd prefer some better switches in all honesty but I love typing on this thing too bad I'm a shitty typer

You’d think that the patent would have expired by now.

Dat voice. ITS THE BEST. ITS THE BEST SMALL SPORTSCAR.

The model F is better, but the build quality of the M is better than any keyboard today. I prefer smooth linear switches though and IBM doesn't really have those.

What about linear

Just because you don't use them that often doesn't mean you have to cut off that part of the keyboard. Are you a desklet?

Superior choice coming through

Attached: 71Y+yL-yHzL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 151K)

tell that to mickey mouse

>Is the Model M a meme
Its the literal definition of a meme.