Why does FOSS reek so much of sσy?

Who the FUCK wants to use software that has retarded names like Gimp or ugly ass animal logos of fucking gnus and penguins?
Just cause you thought of a funny pun doesn't mean your entire design should revolve around it.
Do these people actively try to make their software unmarketable in the real world?
I support FOSS but it's just mind-boggling how retarded the design choices in that community are.

Attached: Untitled.png (800x800, 272K)

I couldn't care less about software logos as long as the software itself works.

Paint.NET >>>>>> gimp

Because FOSS is based entirely around the lowest common denominator. If one retard convinces others to take a path, they'll take that path. Then you get forked. Then the problems reset.

This is why the best OSS projects are ones that come from for-profit companies with an incentive to not give a fuck what "the people" want.

>le everything is a market meme

Too bad the softwaee is usually shit

fpbp

YEP

Attached: rms_snap.jpg (640x480, 275K)

>he hates animals
>mfw he probably tortured little critters as a kid
Just do us all a favor and get a lobotomy so you could never use a computer again

Attached: 170310TerryADavis.jpg (1440x1440, 234K)

Maybe you should if you're interested in that software gaining more users and devs.
It would be a pitty if good software lost potential users due to retarded names and logos, wouldn't it?
Try to sell those gnus and gimps to tech illiterate middle management.
>more users => more devs => better software
it's not that difficult to figure out

What would you prefer OP? Software where the marketing prominently features smiling minorities sitting inside cubicles? Fancy designer logos and marketing copy bragging about "Certified Cloud-Ready Enterprise Solutions Leveraging Results-Based Solutions for Competitive Business Environments"

I hate to break it to you but even those for-profit companies have shitty customers that they have to support

Explain how something like GCC is onions

i just hate how everytime i see pidgin, the beak looks like a red mouth with two buckteeth unless you're looking at an enlarged image

Attached: CopyQ.Ti2092.png (1050x1050, 819K)

>tech illiterate middle management
Who the fuck cares about them? They will get fired or tank the company anyway if they are making purchasing decisions based on "muh feels" about the branding rather than the actual products

>more users => more inane complaints and requests, moving the project further and further away from the initial goal => worse software

yeah, cause Gimp with its one (1) maintainer is such a marvel of software engineering.

Neither is Gnome with its hundreds of developers.

Green
Is
My
Pepper

Holy shit
That just makes it better
Thanks user

so how do you draw circles in gimp? i couldn't find a circle or ellipse tool anywhere.

noob

Attached: Untitled.png (499x466, 8K)

That's just old school gray/whitebeard nerdiness you're smelling, not onions.

Nice, found a new word filter. Russian letter "o" in sòy wordfilters to onions.

based

Fucking Jow Forums is leaking again

Attached: 1532121733103.webm (600x600, 2.59M)

in all these years I only found a single good logo in FOSS software