Install debian because it's supposedly easy and works out of the box

>install debian because it's supposedly easy and works out of the box
>lmao nigger can you find the correct iso in a library of 9000 isos?
>spend an hour researching on what iso I should use
>learn that I can use amd64 iso on an Intel processor
>put it on a usb flash drive, insert
>lmfao nigger your wireless card is nonfree
>gotta put in another usb flash drive with nonfree firmware drivers
>laptop has only two usb ports, and they're next to each other, so I can't put in a second usb
>spend an hour looking for an iso with nonfree firmware meant for a usb, not a cd or dvd
>no such thing
>take a shower and think about things because I'm so sweaty from stress

Wow, I was told that debian is easy

>boot up gentoo
>install gentoo
>update gentoo
>install GIMP and Mypaint and Inkscape and Blender
>Everything works and done in 15 minutes

wow, so hard.

Attached: Blank+_026c63e9c4c846cc9c205b65f5c64480.jpg (714x720, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gentoo.org/downloads/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gentoo in 15minutes...

Don't make me do a speedrun install

t. non-freetard

Its the retard filter, seems to be working fine.

That is not even possible with the compile time of GIMP

If we're being cheesy we could grab binaries for those, leaving us with only compiling the kernel, which can be done under 10 minutes.

You guys don't get it.
It's a parody of yesterday's thread: On a serious note after the shower I installed debian using an ethernet cable. The nonfree firmware isos don't work at all for the broadcom wireless chip. Luckily there were working drivers in the repos, although the wifi on the laptop is extremely, painfully slow.

>uses gentoo but doesn't know that he has an amd64 processor
That's how you spot liars, kids.

Attached: look-son.jpg (400x400, 54K)

>install GIMP
I'm so sorry

I had the same.

Ubuntu installed just fine. With debian I had no idea which iso to pick. And when I found out I didnt feel like installing it anymore.

Just use a live disk and debootstrap.

that is fucking disgusting
and yet i laugh

Not sure I've ever compiled GIMP while installing Gentoo. Only ever did it later, I think.

There are .iso images of Debian that include non-free firmware, user.
Really doesn't take too much digging to obtain.

Linux timeline:

>Try 10 distros and quickly hate 7 of them shortly after installing.
>Pick another that isn't Ubuntu so it still allows you to not feel like a noob, perhaps CentOS
>Use it for a week or two and become less and less able to rationalize that it doesn't suck
>Finally install Fedora or Mint. Ok these work but a myriad of things that are inferior to Windows annoy you, so you continuously attempt to customize it.
>Many of the things you do seem to have no apparent effect and you spend days on forums. You are no closer to the comfy level of Windows. Eventually you break stuff.
>Finally install Ubuntu. Realize this is as good as it gets. You decided to dual boot with Windows because your past excursions made you realize Linux isn't ready for primetime.
>Force yourself at first to use Ubuntu when you reach the bootloader.
>Start to pick Windows here and there and try to stifle the feelings that it's so much comfier and more polished.
>Stop picking Ubuntu anymore
>Wipe disk clean, install only Windows. Fuck Linux

Wow, sounds like you didn't have a good time there. Maybe try to focus on a specific distro next time - at the very least, it worked me.

user...

genlop says emerging gimp took only 4 minutes

Attached: 1515293529862.png (766x668, 68K)

Fuck off and die, frogposter

you're full of shit, gentoo also lists amd64 downloads.

>amd64
DURRR
>arm64
DURRR
>armel
DURRR
>armhf
DURRR
>i386
DURRR
>mips
DURRR
>mips64el
DURRR
>mipsel
DURRR
>ppc64el
DURRR
>s390x
DURRR
>source
DURRR
>multi-arch
DURRR

Which one is the Intel, George?

literally fake news. everyone claiming they use any linux distro as a daily driver is trying to fool others to waste countless hours trying to fix a broken, fragmented mess with customizations that eventually cause bricks so they p much go back to windows in the end with a bad taste of foot cheese in their mouths.

Attached: images.jpg (241x209, 11K)

pathetic

Attached: 2018-08-11-1534037620_1440x900.png (1440x900, 221K)

Just becouse you are too slow to manage your system properly does not mean everyone is.

it's not broken it's decentralized

finally get around to installing gentoo.
realize laptop literally too slow to compile all the shit , have to go back to arch with my tail between my legs.
d-dammit

Well, more like the glibc you need to compile.

Stopped reading here.

>laptop has only two usb ports, and they're next to each other, so I can't put in a second usb
lol, just load the entire ISO to ram.

you had me up until
>these work but a myriad of things that are inferior to Windows annoy you, so you continuously attempt to customize it.
because I adapted to fedora's default UI and learned how do i shot WINE instead of being a dumbass
now the only place I put windows is in a VM

Attached: DiYwZdGW0AEb2kf.jpg (900x1200, 401K)

basically my timeline
>now I can use linux subsystem with W10
literally no reason to gimp yourself into using lincucks.

>new fedora comes out
>user has to clean install it from the begginning
yikes

Linux timeline:
>Install ubuntu, unity REALLY bothers me, but otherwise fulfills all my needs
>Install mint, very good, the interface doesn't suck since I take xfce by random this time
>Learn what exactly a DE is, try out a whole bunch, settle that XFCE is the best and KDE the worst (from the ones i tried)
>Since my experience so far has been very good, I want to try out more distros
>Install debian. Works the best out of everything so far
>The good experience makes me want to learn a bit more about how linux functions
>Install arch with a bit of struggling at the beginning. Works perfectly.
>Learn about WMs, get dwm. Perfectly fits how I like to use my screen (tiling)
>Install gentoo on some older hardware to try it out (sadly, older hardware was too slow for compiling stuff)
>Will probably try out slackware sometime soon
>So far everything has worked very well with exception of using a few older distros and them not having the packages I need.

my pc and laptop is mostly used for programming and then secondly kino and browsing. don't play any games.
question for you user, what exactly about your distros "sucked"? something not working? i know you mention customizing, but is that all?

i've been using linux for almost a year in total now, so i'm new too.

Reminder that Debian is single handedly the distro that gives Linux the secret club reputation. If Debian had welcoming communities like Arch and Ubuntu it would help us get adopted.

Nice bait, Gentoo iso is also amd64, and I can't believe that you can be so retarded to not know amd64 to be 64bit architecture

> >learn that I can use amd64 iso on an Intel processor
Get back to Windows.
> >boot up gentoo
> >install gentoo
Yeah, no.

>learn that I can use amd64 iso on an Intel
>iso [...] meant for a usb, not a cd or dvd
How did you installed Gentoo then?
gentoo.org/downloads/
>amd64
>nothing about "iso for usb"

Even Juan is mad about OP.

>Ubuntu -> Debian -> Arch -> ?
the next will be Ubuntu when you have to reinstall and learn that Ubuntu can also be minimally installed
it is always a full circle

>his computer relies on the use of proprietary software
ISHYGDDT

i386 is intel

CloverOS® is Gentoo® in 5 minutes

My desktop has 2 linuxes on it and my laptop has debian on the SSD and w10 LTSB on the HD. I need the windows so I can help plebs to fix their windows boxes.

>Gets hit with multiple slot conflict errors, circular dependency errors.
>Perl breaks your system and refuses to let you update
nah thanks, i'm fine with debian

>clean install it from the begginning
u wot m8 I've updated through 4 versions now 25 to 28 and had no problems the worst effects I've seen are having to specify in launch options that a game use its own included (outdated) dependencies because some bumblefuck hard coded it that way
not to mention migrating installs looks a hell of a lot simpler than windows since 99% of everything you want to keep is dumped in home/.local or .config no registry faf

Debian is a base distro. It's for servers and provides a stable upstream for other distros which are more user friendly. You're not mean to use it as a daily driver on your laptop.

Attached: 1.png (600x606, 89K)

Upgrade to sid

I got stable about a week ago because I got pissed at arch updates, get the non free firmware for the wifi. It worked like shit to me too with just the free wifi firmware

yup, the debian iso was a pain to install (alongside windows, probably because the efi partition was small). but I guess the stable update rate is better than in ubuntu, I didn't research much though. and the fact that the debian repository is the largest also helped me to choose debian.
t. not sameposter

Don't waste your time with debian
Ubuntu just work as intended
(remove all the bloatwares inside tho)

wew

Attached: Capture.png (1479x1025, 98K)

distcc