Absolute Newbie to Linux here

Which distro should I choose?
>inb4 Arch

Users on another board have recommended Mint or Ubuntu? Do you agree?

Attached: question_green_eyed_girl.jpg (960x960, 267K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bunsenlabs.org/installation.html
torrent.fedoraproject.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Install Gentoo

Alpine, Gentoo
Mint is absolute trash with no purpose

If you're new just get Ubuntu

Alpine is absolutely based

Solus

Debian and Manjaro are good alternatives, specially being new to linux. The trick is going head-on and not distrohop too much

ubuntu is sound advice.

Unironically choose Debian.

Ubuntu, Debian if you’re feeling a little confident. Mint is shit

Ubuntu, mint or if youre feeling adventurous, manjaro.
Id recomend mint mate or xfce though

Opensuse has thumbnails.

Parabola.

Elementary OS

Test Debian, Ubuntu (or one of its flavors), Fedora and OpenSUSE in a VM. Then install whatever you feel most comfortable with.

Much grateful for the advice guys.

56%

She's Portuguese

Try palm os

If you're new i'd say Ubuntu.

Mint is more user-friendly and has better default software out of the box, but you can get all that in ubuntu too. The downside of Mint is that it's based on Ubuntu stable and not Ubuntu testing. This means that the software you'd get on Mint is a bit more out of date.

mint is the better ubuntu
but if you dislike ubuntu there is also a debian edition of mint

Ubuntu: Great at playing games and will increase facebook load times by 32.5%, but will not have a FULL FEATURED terminal for black-hat hacking
Debian: All-rounder. Will load most web pages like Mac or Windows and can be customized somewhat, but it will NOT be able to compile its own packages
Arch Linux: Hardcore OS. You will have to install everything yourself but you will get up to 15% extra CPU clock speed and 20% memory boost. Beware, it does NOT play well with Youtube and Facebook
Gentoo: Hacker OS. Does not feature a GUI so you'll have to do everything from the command line. You'll also have to compile every package with your own processor. Only recommended if you have a CPU that's good at compiling. With some creative hacks, you can run facebook at 150% speed.

Choose wisely OP....

install gentoo haha xD epic meme

Begin with Debian, then move to Arch or Void whenever you're getting the hang out of Linux.

This is the objective truth. Ignore the memelord faggots.

unironcally use kubuntu. It's very familiar and will be simple to use. And since it's basically ubuntu without a shit UI, you can easily google shit.

>full featured terminal
wtf are you talking about, every linux distro can install any package..

If mint is so great then why do they use an unholy mix of Ubuntu's repositories with their own and debian's?

woosh

i'll try debian first if i were to start again.

Honestly Arch. I started out with Arch and sure, you have to install bunch of stuff yourself, but when you do you get how stuff works. Also, it has a great wiki and a lot of neckbeards use it, so there's bunch of resources online

White girls look so shit when they tan, like they're wearing bronzer
just fucking stay white ffs

She's hot

Install void

> Absolute Newbie to Linux
>Which distro should I choose?
Ubuntu

Fedora. Yes, the name sucks. It's also easy to get started with and is not babby's first bloatware.

Just install Ubuntu fgt. Look at all that recommendations:

Puppy of course. The most newb friendly distro EVER!

Ubuntu

>white

lol that is clearly a sudaca dummy

xubuntu it has a rodent mascot.

Attached: xubuntu-logo_1_1_1_5.png (500x500, 28K)

I started with debian and I was 15 at the time. why do people recommend only bloated shithead distributions? are people that fucking retarded?

Literally anything works. Don't fall for the Arch is for veterans meme. Most of what you know about Debian is useless for Arch. Don't install Gentoo lmao. I'd recommend Fedora, CentOS or something built on Ubuntu (Get normal Ubuntu if your PC is good. If not, get Mint XFCE or Xubuntu)

I unironically started with arch, you learn the fastest from it thanks the the arch wiki.

>Don't install Gentoo lmao
dolt. also arch is extremely easy to use but breaks once in a while and is kind of unstable. gentoo is a nice stable and high quality distro

fpbp

>arch
>hard to install and use
what the fuck is this bullshit? what's hard about partitioning drives, mounting them, and letting an install script run? No, the aftermath isn't any hard either, it's just instaling XFCE, pulseaudio and other utilities

Attached: 18b.jpg (500x458, 32K)

If you’re a complete newbie, I’d recommend Mint, specifically the Cinammon flavour. Mint is a good beginner distro and yes, it comes in “flavours.”

I’m just going to warn you that asking, “What’s a good distro?” will always, always without fail yield moreso people just presenting and defending the distro they personally use rather than actually giving recommendations for good distros. If you want a solid answer geared towards your question, Mint is ideal for people who have never even touched a Linux before. Eventually you can upgrade to something better if you like it and overcome the learning curve that comes with getting out the full potential of a Linux distro if you’ve only ever used an OS from Apple of Microsoft before.

Just install ubuntu. Has literally all you ever need and is easy to learn linux with.

If you're new go with KDE neon, Ubuntu is more of a server thing.

KDE Neon or Kubuntu, Mint is shit

bunsenlabs.org/installation.html

This is a continuation of the distro crunchbang (#!). It's Debian based and the community is generally helpful. Just do it

Attached: 0ec24b393b7467c03d6b344309c69a51.jpg (433x800, 36K)

>beginner/noob
Ubuntu, Mint, Manjaro

>lifeless wageslave
Debian, RedHat, SLES, CentOS

>top tier hacker and serious devops
Arch, Gentoo

Install mint, its like ubongo but better

Gentoo

Mint or Zorin OS

Ubuntu, most linux drivers are tested on that. Mint is better if you want a windows-like experience.

Every other distro is just for humble bragging

> Debian - will not be able to compile its own packages

the fuck you're talking about?

OpenSUSE, Kubuntu, or Fedora

My path was Ubuntu for like a year, then Arch.

Nice shitpost

I wouldn't personally recommend either of those, but as long as you're willing to try new things and persevere, anything is fine. Worst case you can switch distros later when you become more aware of differences and what sort of thing would make switching matter.

honestly?
don't

if you really wanna get started I'd recommend either cygwin or linux subsystem on windows.
it's way more likely you're gonna start that up than booting into linux.
only after you know your way around the terminal, pick a distro.

if you don't wanna use the terminal, there is no reason to pick linux when you already own windows

Attached: 1511991063573.jpg (640x500, 56K)

No way she is a sudaca, if she was latina she would be way more brownish. Thats a white girl tanned.

god damn it, man
this question has been answered more often than "what should I cook today" on the internet

if you have to ask, just don't do computers at all

Kubuntu or Xubuntu if you want a nice UI and better performance than Ubuntu. Mint it's nice but not reliable

torrent.fedoraproject.org/
lxde

whichever you choose try the live cd first to see if it all works

What's the best file system and distro for SSDs?
I assume ext4 is kinda old now

she's so pretty she makes me want to kill myself
why can't i just be normal and have a normal looking girlfriend

I started using linux about two weeks ago and I'm really happy with mint Debian edition with testing repos. Getting the user friendliness of mint with up to date packages is great

Just go and install ubuntoo

I like Fedora they recently made it even easier to install third party shit such as steam by listing the most well known external repository (rpmfusion) in the package manager

Unironically iOS written in Ada by Steve Benzos. It is the best free software foundation has to offer.

Ctrl+f 'fedora' 0 results. 'xfce' 0 results.
You faggots.