Anyone notice that Windows 10 straight up DELETES the Linux boot options if you try to dual boot????

Anyone notice that Windows 10 straight up DELETES the Linux boot options if you try to dual boot????

Attached: dual-boot-grub.png (721x400, 3K)

It overwrites it. Just use the bcedit thing and set it back to grub. Windows won't touch it anymore afterwards

>Windows 10
You know it's been like that for previous versions of Windows as well right user?

display: block !important;

>his boot firmware uses CSS

>not using React to bootstrap your OS

Yes, Windows has always done this. This is why you install Windows then Linux.

>Anyone notice that Windows 10 straight up DELETES the Linux boot options if you try to dual boot????

I didn't need to notice it. I simply assumed that was the case since every Windows has done it since at least XP.

/thread

>windows is the default OS included with 99% of PCs
>run windows installer
>it can't find a bootloader from MS
>restores the bootloader, overwriting whatever was there previously
>be shocked that MS doesn't acknowledge some 0.001% of people running their computer in some unconventional hackjob dual OS configuration

>having a linux dual boot at all
Seek enlightenment.

Attached: BASED.png (865x434, 45K)

you have to disable fast startup in windows..

>ubuntu straight from the botnet

Shiggy diggy

Attached: 1511758048759.jpg (598x465, 195K)

linux distros are just apps~
no need to spend all that time fussing around!

Attached: EPYC.png (1367x495, 72K)

And then reinstall Linux whenever Windows Update does its thing.

Does it? Isn't that a case for lawsuit?

Can we run multiple WSL systems at once yet?

It also tells you that your ext4 filesystem isn't formatted and asks if you want to format it.

WSL is horseshit.
Just buy a cheaper, second box and make a dedicated GNU/Linux machine.

You mean sudo apt-get install enlightenment

or just don't install windows. wow problem fixed

Always install windows first when you're dual booting.

dumb faggot.

That is different from wiping bootloader without user consent via updates

Why would you try to boot a Windows subsystem?

dude what haha no way

If you use UEFI, it doesn't. Why are you living in the past?

this is not just a windows issue as some linux distros do that to other distros as well

>WSL is horseshit.
How so?

>mfw lincucks get bullied every step they make

fucking glorious, i'm shitting on stallman's future grave LMAO

Attached: 815tbN7XU5L._SY679_.jpg (509x679, 35K)

Yes.

Attached: 1525924691007.jpg (640x424, 43K)

>12 year old just now realizing that Windows overwrites the boot sector with its own loader

>Sex with a diseased prostitute is still totally fine if you wear protection guise xD
Why would I want to have the benefits of running Linux with the faggotry of using Windows?

Yeah, it's not exactly a secret that the Windows installer will overwrite any existing partitions. That's why you install Windows first, dipshit.

Dumb response.

Ditch Windows 10 from your HD like it did to your bootloader!

what a shitty analogy. it would make more sense for running windows in a vm.
wsl is more like fucking a prostitute without protection, only shes wearing latex gloves as she fists your ass

>2018
>not using (U)EFI
Bitch what the fuck

Attached: .png (109x92, 4K)

This. Windows is a virus. Overwriting the bootloader without authorization is something viruses do.

>Jow Forums client app writes stuff to the ESP
FLOOOOOENS

untrue. It never happened to me on windows 7 or prior. Only know 10 does it because microsoft fucked ACPI for linux so I use 10 on a laptop.

>want to be l33t hax0r
>download kali app in windows
>bust neighbours wifi
>microsoft screen shots whole thing and tells popo
>go to jail
>didn't even really do anything

Attached: c5f.gif (250x250, 993K)

KDE Neon did this to Windows for me. It's two different bootloaders, they're going to fight each other.

It just overwrites the BCD. It's not exactly hard to add the boot entry back in.

Dualbooting is harder than ever honestly and just not worth it. Just buy a second disk for linux and switch between them with uefi

Attached: 1533692862543.jpg (1242x1233, 237K)

just get different hard drives for each OS

You install Windows first, then Ubuntu

>>din do nuffins

FTFY

UEFI is shit. use BIOS

>>didn't even really do anything
>>commit felony wiretapping
Pick one.

impossible with modern hardware bro :(

You didn’t install boot loader faggot, after installation of linux you get prompted if you want to install bootloader, you need to choose yes

Attached: E921760F-8BE3-47B8-A409-B38FD161CDF7.png (640x1136, 2.01M)

so even if you set UEFI to be disabled in your boot settings and make it so that your OS only uses BIOS it will still use UEFI somehow?

It doesn't do this
This guy is kind of right, but it doesn't overwrite shit. It just redirects to the default bootloader. Takes one command to set it back to GRUB.
Again, it does not overwrite the bootloader. GRUB is still there, yo just need to point Windows at the right file.
Checked but dualbooting is not hard. You just need to make the right partitions. Copy the command to set the bootloader back to GRUB and leave it on your windows desktop if it worries you this much. Took me one Google search to find the command. Only hard for brainlets who, as we all know, would never dare post on Jow Forums.

Modern PC's don't have a BIOS or CSM anymore.
I recently worked on a Apollo Lake "laptop" and found out that it didn't have legacy boot.

Attached: 1533816088117.jpg (480x586, 57K)

It's no fun unless you compile everything yourself