Is it even worth it to work in a location that is not in the red?

Is it even worth it to work in a location that is not in the red?

Attached: Untitled.png (1046x612, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Corridor
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_Triangle
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Less people want to live there and so there's more job ops (in most cases; obviously there are exceptions)

>florida
lmao

Why is the entire state of CA filled in when no one wants to live off the coast and there's just desert and no opportunity, but only DC metro is highlighted, in which many other parts of VA are worth living and working in?

If it's close to red (for example New Jersey) Also Boston has a bunch of top universities and consequently work opportunities (lots of wall street firms).

>living in Chicago

Uh... do you know anything about the Midwest?

>entire state of texas
>entire state of florida
>entire state of ny
>entire state of wa
>entire state of or
>entire state of ca
I'll tell you right now that the only places to live in the highlighted states are in the cities. No one wants to live in north-western WA/OR where all the RWNJ terrorists live. The entire state of ny is basically "empty"; 95% of the population is in nyc. The only good place in texas is austin (so I've been told). I don't know why anyone would want to live in FL.
I heard CO is pretty good; but you dont have that on this list. You also miss east coast cities.

Minneapolis is OK pay. I live in Madison, it's okay too but I think the pay is usually less.

>only good place in texas is austin
Bull fucking shit it is. Dallas is better than it and Dallas is only 'good'.

Chicago is the most segregated city in America. Many HQs and offices in downtown and the suburbs en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Corridor

I've been to DFW and it's a pile of shit. So, naw. Rest of texas is just trash can of a state.

>blue states marked in red
what did he mean by this?

People who like Chicago honestly haven't been downtown at night. Last year I was at the museum at night; literally was a shooting and mugging. It was only 10PM too. Homeless everywhere. Downtown is nice during the day; but at night........... yeaaaaa naw.... Metro is nice too.

you missed Vancouver and Toronto

> everything else marked in bagel
what did he mean by this?

For tech jobs, Austin is where you want to be in Texas. Apple, Dell, AMD, IBM, Oracle, Google to name a few.

dumb phoneposter

Whats so bad about Florida

How is Boston?

not on phone, but what color would you call it?

I know a lot of places in Massachusetts are just full of money.

Also this.

Taxes though.

Beige. He probably assumed it was autocorrected to bagel, not that you breath exclusively through your mouth.

I don't know but what the fuck color is bagel?

>not wanting a comfy remote job while living in Hawaii

>Wanting to live in southern Oklahoma
The only good places to live in Texas are Houston and the parts of Austin that California hasn't ruined yet.

>working
lmaoing at the poorfags in this thread

There is no personal income tax in Florida.

None in Washington either.

None in Texas either

But its Florida.

>But its Florida.
I work in tech in Orlando, I love it personally. Tampa is good too, although Miami is a pain in the ass because you have to fly to get anywhere. And, no state income tax, which has already been mentioned.

Surprised not to see Raleigh NC on the list. A lot of big tech companies, and low cost of living.

Swamps, Jews, Rednecks, non Mexican Latinos, Jews.

There are multiple other cities. Just avoid the bible belt.

Florida is a giant fucking meme. It's literally the most absurd state in the US.

Is Houston any good job-wise? I recently moved here but I'm dying in this city that is Satan's suffocatingly hot and sweaty asshole.

this
fuck texas COL there is catching up with california

True.

This. It's literally one area in the middle of California that's super expensive. Of course everyone "wants" to live there.

>People who like Chicago honestly haven't been downtown at night.
I'm going downtown in 5 minutes

>at the museum
which one?

fa/g/s please stay away

>NY
Any additional income you make will be chewed up in taxes for public unions and their shitty service.

Attached: 1401134140897.jpg (500x378, 74K)

fucking like 30% in taxes kill me

If you have the misfortune of actually living in NYC, it's closer to 40% and you get to experience the pleasure that is the NYCMTA.

Attached: 1316650001572.png (424x470, 188K)

try living outside the city and having to pay taxes to the city if your work in it and still having to deal with the MTa

There are a few "super expensive" areas in CA and none of the other ones pay as well as the bay area.

>Florida

For what purpose

>complaining about 30%
come to norway and enjoy your 60% taxes lmao, just fuck my shit up
>tfw all the work you do until august goes to pay for worthless fucks

>Surprised not to see Raleigh NC on the list. A lot of big tech companies, and low cost of living.

I'm moving there soon to take a job. Can't wait, looks c o m f y.

Your 60% goes towards a massive welfare state everybody seems to enjoy over there and free schooling. Here, you money gets pissed away on system abusers, public unions, and agencies that screw up harder than Wall st. The housing authority is an absolute turmoil.

lol

that's all I can say

Attached: dis nigga jokin.jpg (263x263, 23K)

No. For your own good, stay away from flyover country.

>non CA fags don't know shit

kek kys.

anyways anyhting inland is literally boomer retirment village.

Just don't be a single male
It's really bad there if you are
Gold diggers everywhere
They don't even try to hide it
Lived in many states
Raleigh NC has the worst women anywhere

Canuck here. Should I move to Burgerland?

S FL reporting in. Love it here, hot weather and beaches. Coconut trees and flat roads. Low property tax, sales tax, biz tax, no income tax.
Yes. S FL is basically N.Y. NJ suburb.

It depends, are you in an industry that is overpaid in the US?

I know the US pays a lot more than Canada when it comes to data analysis work.

Not sure where to move to, though.

you're partly right, while its nice to have free college and healthcare it sucks when this is getting filled with parasites (the new "europeans", you know)

>I work in tech in Orlando

So for the Disney Democratic Republic? I've been there. Its atrocious and one of the main reasons Florida remains consistently terrible. Must be nice to sweat through your buttonup every single time you touch outside air.

>no switzerland
>no hong kong
>no singapore
>no tokyo
>no taiwan

You forgot the Research Triangle in North Carolina around Raleigh where many notable tech companies like RedHat and Epic Games are based.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_Triangle

Attached: Raleigh_map_1067_709_80.jpg (1067x709, 131K)

out of all those switzerland is the only good one
for the rest, enjoy living in a cubicle like a lab rat

>Canuck here. Should I move to Burgerland?
FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL.

Speaking for CA, worth to work, not worth to live. I'd rather be a flyover making $50k and living like a king than in the Bay Area shithole and barely scraping by on $150k.

>no colorado
you don’t like hordes of H1B pajeets, heavy traffic all day every day, out of control cost of living and the constant skunky smell of pot?

I want Jow Forumsthe_donald to leave

have you been to switzerland? The condition there is much worse because everything is insanely expensive and people are very closed off socially. QoL is better overall in the other chinkier places because they are used to white (and other western non-whites) working with them.

yes absolutely since actual wages in the listed states are lower due to the supply glut and rent

sacramento is ok

>live in oregonia
>mfw we're getting invaded by california, washington, and texas faggots

REEEEE GET OUT

Attached: 1528471603598.jpg (529x386, 133K)

>I want Jow Forumsthe_donald to leave
S E E T H I N G

I live in Switzerland, its expensive but you make a lot...

>be Euro
>end up in SV for work
>hate it here
>hate it in most of CA
>visit OR
>looks like vaterland
>feels like vaterland
C-can I come? I'm not like them, I promise.

We’ll see about that after November. Get ready for a deluge republishit tears.

>florida
>oregon
no industry

all that matters is who has the most asian womenz

so thru my extensive research, california, washington, new york, massachusetts, and DC

do you?

RWNJ here. You are a ZOG slave.

It's also red on the map hmmm

>Tech jobs in Oregon

LOL

Who cares federal income tax is almost half what you earn

Portland

Where is Seattle located?

Yeah, I live here and I don't want to work for Intel lol

>doesnt get it
nigger you obv know fuck all about fl

>dummy

Who needs industry when you have shitloads of R&D facilities.
FL has a massive aerospace development presence in the triangle formed by West Palm, Orlando and Daytona. Every major aerospace player has a facility in this area that manufactures parts and/or develops new tech. There's some heavy material development work on the opposite side of the peninsula. Tallahassee hosts the National High Magnet Laboratory that's on the cutting edge of super conductor research and manufacture, hosts some of the most powerful super conducting magnets on the planet, and develops tge tools everybody uses to conduct research with those magnets.

user shaded the region in Illinois too high; Chicago is not in it. Perhaps he is talking about Discover or Walgreens, both located north of the city.

Who here Jow Forumseorgia? State income tax is 7% at most but CoL is generally cheap (even in Atlanta) and you can make like 70-75k starting if you didn't get a meme degree.

>mfw Belgium income tax is literally half your income

What's this map signify?
I'd work in Texas. No taxes.

/ATL/ here.
>and you can make like 70-75k starting if you didn't get a meme degree.
I got offered 72k by the company I was interning at for 2.5 years, which was a bullshit offer. Looking around, I found a job that paid 95k, and if I played my cards right, I think I could have gone to 105k. But that 72k offer was with degree, I dunno how you could get something higher without having some level of formal education or work experience. But then that's just chicken/egg.
>live in GA
>not having a GT degree
It might fuck with your sanity, but at least you'll be set for life.

I'm also Euro who has an offer in SV for next year. Will I be disappoint?

Orlando is a bit of a meme, because none of the locals actually live there. Not by Disney at least. What the tourists, see and what the locals see are two very different things.

Raleigh is cool, but the rest of NC is redneck garbage.

I got 75k starting in Alpharetta but I commute from Marietta. Pay like $400 in rent. Went to UGA but I work with a lot of tech kids. What did you get your degree in and what industry offered you 95k starting in GA?

>Living in the volcanic swamp that is Houston.
If there wasn't so many niggers maybe, just maybe I could overlook that.

>75k starting in Alpharetta
I live in Alpharetta, it's a nice place. I wouldn't mind getting paid a little less to work here. I really like the offices around here, nice tranquil setting, y'know surrounded by trees.
>What did you get your degree in
CS
>and what industry offered you 95k starting
I'm a programmer, but I work in a historically industrial company.
If you live in Marietta (and you've got a Jow Forums degree), I'd consider applying for Home Depot. I heard their salaries are ridiculous. I knew a guy who knew a guy that had an offer from M$ in Washington and it got matched by Home Depot in Atlanta.
I interviewed with them and they gave me an offer for 92k, but the commute was a bit too much and the work I would have done would have required me to be on-call 24/7.
I dunno what Microsoft usually offers, but I assume it's one of those 6 figure deals with a fuck load of stocks. Getting a match for a west coast base salary is amazing, so I'd try my luck at Home Depot if I were you.

I got an offer from some firm in the middle of bumfuck nowhere in Michigan.
I took it. Honestly, considering that i only went to community college and don't even have a degree, making 60K a year in a place that only requires me to spend 500 bucks a month to live, it's pretty fucking good.
I save a shit ton of money and get to live in the forest.

Is it really that bad? I wanted to move there cause my allergies were better. In Texas right now and I feel like the state is constantly trying to kill me.