How can we save multi-GPU?

How can we save multi-GPU?

Attached: image.jpg (636x358, 306K)

Depricated technology

by buying two shitty cards instead of a good one

Dual gpus on a single card.
Like my old 4870x2

Imagine a Vega64x2 on a single pcb.

You don't. Nobody outside of scientists should have the need for two cards. And even if you did, you would likely be better off with a quadro that supports nvlink instead of shitty sli

>How can we save multi-GPU?
Why does it need saving ?
DX12 supports multi GPU, mixing brands and models.

>dx12
that shit is still around? wincucks think this is good?

why save something that's objectively shit?

What's the point?

Enterprise stuff does have multi GPU support.
Are you talking about games?

Infinity fabric

Nvlink.

By cards not requiring me to sell an organ prior to purchase.

We can't. Multi GPU isn't done anymore because 2 GTX 1050 Ti's would rape a 1080 Ti for not even half the price

It's not done in Nvidia land you mean. And will let you crossfire anything regardless of how fucking retarded it is.

Stop playing video games

T. Dx11 loving nvidia subhuman

Is it actually an implicit feature that always works even without the devs being competent at implemending it?

Does Vulkan have it?

but Volken and mantel have multi GPU support that doesn't require a sli bridge or even same brand of card you can sli Nvidia and AMD together. realistically they will be the APIs of the future not Dx12.

>because 2 GTX 1050 Ti's would rape a 1080 Ti for not even half the price
It wouldn't even come close.
2 1050tis might match a 1080 with 100% scaling though.

Nope, seems it would struggle to match a 1070 at 100% scaling.
And 1070s are only a little over twice the price of 1050tis.
Are nvidia's prices, dare i say, fair?

Attached: perfrel_2560_1440.png (500x850, 36K)

>Does Vulkan have it?
yes, it's available from version 1.1
>by buying two shitty cards instead of a good one
yeah that's not the only option for multi-gpu setups.
you could mix 2-3-4 high end gpus and drive games on resolutions that a single gpu is incapable...
or you could do e.g. real time ray tracing on 2-3 gpus and have the fourth render the game.

..but since novidia can't into multi-gpu, nobody needs it..
MULTI-GPU DOESN'T MATTER.

>Imagine dual Vega 64 on a single PCB

Christ

Attached: ss+(2018-08-15+at+04.27.06).png (632x346, 30K)

This. Crossfire is much better than SLI, but since every goymer buys Nvidia only MULTI GPU DOESN'T MATTER

We don't.

1080 is overpriced shit any way. a 300$ 980ti overclocked is faster than it.

Brainlet here; what am I seeing

You'll run into vRAM limitations first.

Looks like my evga 1080ti

More or less this, except wanting quadro cards instead.
Unless you have a fuckload of funding then a handful of consumer cards makes more sense.

330W power usage

It died because its flaws were exposed to the masses (it was terrible at frame-timing, depended heavily on software optimizations while being a massive power hog).

Frame-timing is the new metric for gaming performance not avg FPS.

This. DX12 was meant to save it. But so far it's having the same luck as DX10 did back in the day. Console focused game development simply claimed another victim.

I have an RX480 I bought hoping to use for scientific computing, but it seems the field has moved wholly into Nvidia. Would my system be able to function with a GTX 1080 and the RX480 together on the same motherboard?

I use 2 gpus, one for gaming/production the other for mining. You can use multi gpu all you want just fine. But if you're worried about SLI/Crossfire, well....

It's an uphill battle because it's only good for the consumer.

Nvidia doesn't make money off of people buying a second card from a previous gen

Developers/publishers don't make money from the additional time it takes to implement support for multiple cards

Capitalism, ho!

Attached: 1527084760169.jpg (4288x2848, 1.13M)

wait for nvlink

t. insider

>More proprietary bullshit from the house of proprietary bullshit

I ran two RX480 for the first half of 2016 and I couldn't find too many games that I played that could actually use my second card. I will say most UE4 games will eat up both cards and your fps will show. I'm running a 1070ti at 1440p 165hz and it's running games better than my crossfire rx480s did at 1080p. Sli crossfire for gaymen is ded

Vulkan 1.1 did add multi-gpu but it's not as flexible as DX12. I think they still need to be the same brand and generation in Vulkan's case. When AAA studios have figured out Vulkan 1.1, then multi-gpu will make sense again.

Make AMD Great Again (MAGA)

Thats ok commie

Have a second card just for physics/everything that isn't rendering.
That's it.

>tfw used hacked drivers to outsource my old GTS 450 for physX, while rendering games on r290x.
Worked in UT3, Metro, Borderlands 2 and many others. Fuck you, Huang.

Attached: 1507182079112.jpg (1024x595, 74K)

Pretty much the only reason why I kept my 750 Ti desu