So why is it popular all of a sudden?

I'm about to try Manjaro KDE to see what all the hype is about (Never tried KDE so that's a new one for me.) Why did this jump in popularity though?

Attached: manjaro.png (1024x768, 203K)

cuz is arch without the autism

idk i downloaded it cus i thought it looked aight

Aur has an ass load of weird shit in it + user friendliness

install gentoo

I actually tried it once and hated how slow it was compared with my arch install, It seemed loaded with bloat. Plus also like arch, it has system init cancer.

It's arch for brainlets

>t. incel

*arch for people with social life* ftfy

this. i remember starting out in ubuntu and having to compile my own apps and it was the most mind-numbing shit.

i dont think there exists a single linux application without an aur repository. it's crazy.

it is just a worse arch.

> upgrade shit forget about updating dependencies. shit is broken
> still get the arch problems which are and easy copy paste terminal command fix even though they are more "stable"
> cannot update ssl certs for site.

all you fag had to do was use and arch install script.

AUR is dope and I'd like to see a Manjaro-based future.

Found the archfag

>LOL I AM SO 1337 XD

>that faggot who couldn't bother using script to install le arch meme. instead opts for a shittty gui wrapper for said script controlled by incompetent administrators.

>used a script with cli install
>l337

See that's the problem with you archfucks: you think that because people don't want to go through with your bullshit setup process that it's *their* fault.

Hey fucktard, there's a reason why GUIs are so popular; they are considerably harder to fuck-up and considerably easier to navigate than CLI.

Please eat shit and preferably die.

>bs proccess
>literally the same thing as a manjaro install.

Why are you acting like manjaro is not just arch install script with a gui instad of a cli, and with a repo controlled by fags that cannot maintain a website.

>>literally the same thing as a manjaro install.
And that's where you're fucking retarded.

>select hdd
>select timezone
>select kernel
>select de
>select programs.
>installs arch

what does manjaro do differently.

Use a GUI.

it's just arch's ubuntu
and everyone knows ubuntu is worse than debian
fuck off

>same end result
> select option on a cli with your arrow keys or entering a number vs using your mouse to click next.

WoW such innovation. Literally the same thing.

Saves some time compared to installing Arch.

Installed two days ago and I'm pretty happy with it. I don't have the time to study to install Arch so I just installed Manjaro XFCE.

Attached: spongebob_arch.png (360x316, 182K)

doesn't use arch repos