/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread
Post your questions here

>Read
→ →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: 12.jpg (277x277, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lordosis_behavior#In_humans
ifwiki.org/index.php/The_Camping_Trip
tads.org/
ifwiki.org/index.php/Interpreter
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.taxaly.noteme.v2
warosu.org/g/
pastebin.com/raw/aRBwfWM7
freac.org/
pastebin.com/z3bQ47yX
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Repost.

Center button broke and fell out when I dropped it. Hitting the center does nothing, is there any way to salvage this?

Attached: it's fucked 1.jpg (1000x1504, 308K)

Anyone else having to deal with an utterly broken captcha since a couple days? It's literally unuseable at this point for me, either it gives me impossible ones to solve (basically it marks out the browser client) or it gives me the green check mark and then the board software acts up saying i ""mistyped"" it

Only when i switch over to private mode can i even post normally

It's getting very tiresome at this point

What could i do against this without (!sic) resetting the profile (which i did just the other day) or anything like that

I have a single USB thumb drive and want to connect it to two computers at the same time. As far as I understand USB this should be impossible. But is there a device like pic related that can at least switch the connection between the two computers at the press of a button? Pic related is for keyboards and mice but it should work for storage too, right? I just want to transfer files directly because there is no network option available.

Please advise.

Attached: kvm.jpg (608x522, 55K)

Are there any decent ac wireless routers out there that will allow me to upgrade the antennas? Can anyone recommend any replacement antennas that would work with ac?

First, to make it work you are not supposed to just hit it, you need to short two contacts in the middle.
Second, yes, you can order replacement and, well, replace it.

Is the Jow Forums archives dead?

Attached: 1464831051771.jpg (500x746, 80K)

>you need to short two contacts in the middle.
How do I do that?

It's called KVM and it does exactly that.

That hyperlordosis.

Having severe back issues by 40 is not an attractive feature.

You can't just connect a Cat5e cable to both PCs and transfer the data that way?

See two silvery circles, one inside the other? Take a flathead screwdriver or a piece of tinfoil and touch both at the same time. Congratulation, you just shorted a circuit!
Now, watch what are you doing: if you touch any other contact at the same time, you will burn your shit down. Contacts are silver or copper or brass-colored spots on PCB.

Why does he has three tits?

Thanks, I thought so.

Wiring is not the issue. I simply do not have permission to install software on the second computer, meaning I cannot install a file sharing server. However USB is enabled.

>not having sex with a partner that have hyperlordosis in doggy style
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lordosis_behavior#In_humans

Attached: lordosis.webm (958x540, 258K)

just get a couple usb ethernet adapters

Attached: a.png (443x227, 34K)

>here
But it only has three stars, user!

and to be clear, yes, you can do;
pc > usb eth > eth cable > usb eth > pc
without a router or switch
they show up as regular ethernet adapters, give them both a static ip like "10.1.1.1" and "10.1.1.2", then you can reach the other machine on it's IP to do regular windows file sharing, ftp, etc

You don't need a server to transfer files over a direct connection, nor do you need to install anything.
As long as you can assign each device a static IP in the same subnet and range, (and if on Windows, you have the ability to share a folder,) you can directly transfer data.

What're your guys' torrent client of choice?

I used to use uTorrent, but have since deleted it after finding out it was a Chinese botnet

i use transmission-daemon with a patch that automatically verifies torrents on completion

how do I open a gam. file
is gargoyle legit

qBittorent

qBittorrent

>how do I open a gam. file
context? what is it from?
>is gargoyle legit
the openwrt-based router firmware? yea, i use it and it's pretty nice. i like it's traffic shaping functionality

Thanks guys

>context
ifwiki.org/index.php/The_Camping_Trip

it appears to be a story file for the TADS interactive fiction system
you need to look for an editor for that format
see tads.org/

I just want to open the gam. file so I can play the game

oh, just to use the file you'll need an interpreter
see ifwiki.org/index.php/Interpreter under the "TADS" column

Goddamn. I've started up computers with a screw driver and this never occurred to me. I'll just tape a small bit of foil down and I'm good. Thanks a ton user pretty happy right now.

If only you were slightly less retarded to figure out how to click exactly two links from article you linked…
ifwiki.org/index.php/Interpreter

thank you bud
thank you also slightly rude bud

Can anyone recommend a free proxy that isn't a virus/botnet pretty please? :3

Recently came into possession of a Dell optiplex 3050 micro. Is there any way I could get a graphics card running with it, be it internal or external. Doesn't have to be anything new, just would like to turn it into a dedicated warcraft machine, so even something thats 4years old or so will do!

No thunderbolt 3 connection available

Why does it seem like pointing devices are limited to a max of maybe nine buttons/inputs and then any additional buttons/inputs require manufacturer software to get working properly?

Can't these just be read as more mouse buttons by the given OS?

What’s so special about thinkpads?

>Dell optiplex 3050 micro
Nope. There is no PCIe slot at all.

They are:
>cheap and easily available, since businesses buy/replace them by the trainload
>durable and easy to repair, with a readily available teardown manual
>easy to run Linux on, compared to many laptops
>capable of using libreboot, for some models, giving you a free-down-to-the-firmware machine for much less than purism charges
>much more pleasant to type on than many recent laptops (again, some models)
>thick, black, and arousing

Attached: this is sexy, this is not.jpg (874x358, 19K)

guys is there a name for games that are played in the console (I mean stdout console, not xbox or something), simply written games? Maybe not really a thing to ask on Jow Forums, but I don't know where else to ask and would like to play such game and maybe develop my own

text adventure? like Zork?

also, there's plenty of textmode games, but presumably you mean linemode games, that is, just lines of text, one after another, not pseudo-graphical text games like zzt

Attached: zzt6.gif (640x350, 13K)

wow, both look cool, thanks

What's a simple text editor for Android that's not a bloated piece of shit?
I just want something like Notepad.

Is it normal to receive a Paypal refund to my debit card after I received the item AND without opening any kind of dispute nor getting asked to return the item?

Is there a way to rip the local files that spotify downloads to your phone? They must be saved on my phone somewhere and I'm wondering if I can just get .mp3 or otherwise files from the software.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.taxaly.noteme.v2

rebeccablacktech has been down for awhile.
warosu.org/g/ still works.

No, but you might as well keep the money.

I went to eight chan technology board and there are several types of boards for electronics etc
after browsing around I have one question:

is 8 chin basically the 'chan' for ledit users??

how to stop reading Jow Forums boards and playing shit online games all day and become productive?

No way to do it other than just do it.

how do i split this into ~200 folders with 1000 files each

Attached: file.png (262x81, 4K)

haven't gone on there much, but from what i can tell 8ch*n users looks down on Jow Forums users the same as Jow Forums users look down on reddit users.
so no.

Does Google do anything about individuals using multiple Goodle Drive accounts?

Attached: jelly donuts.jpg (2048x1365, 552K)

you don't

Attached: file.png (373x281, 189K)

Break up tasks into tiny pieces and interleave them like Pulp Fiction did to not be boring. Also use something like org-mode to keep track of things and set goals.

I have a perl script for that, do you want it?

sure, though how do i use it? never used perl before

t. redditor

you have to go back

What do you guys use to manage your phones files?

Attached: 55.jpg (364x357, 19K)

Are the current issues with Intel really that bad or are people just fanboying?

Save this as sorter.pl at the root of the D drive
You need to install perl (strawberryperl for windows, already installed for linux) and call it from console from the folder you want to sort like this: C:\Strawberry\perl\bin\perl.exe D:\sorter.pl h

back where? I've been here 14 years, reddit boy.

Forgot the script:
pastebin.com/raw/aRBwfWM7

how do I make linux inherit user permissions? I have 4775 mask on everything but when a some users write new data it gets set as 4755? I want group write because all the users are on the same group
I've read like 300 web pages and that's where I learned 2775 and 4775 etc but nothing seems to do it..

That's kinda sad

t. redditor

do you want permissions to be inherited by from the directory or be specific to the user

chmod u+s //set uid
setfacl -d -m g::rwx / //set group to rwx default
setfacl -d -m o::rx / //set other

Attached: 51d.jpg (499x281, 77K)

saved

Attached: anime girl rabbit.gif (450x450, 278K)

I need to rip some CDs as MP3s, MP3s because I'm doing it for a friend who doesn't care about lossless archival, what program to use on windows?

i hope you dont mind open source software running on your proprietary brick
freac.org/

so I have to use ACL?
people said it could be done without it but maybe not. I'll enable it

can you describe a little bit more what your trying to do? i may have another answer

whats a good android to pc file sync program used at home over wifi? looking to quickly sync music videos to my phone from home computer. i think itunes does it but no thanks.

typing it up one sec

whoops sorry I didn't see your post
Jow Forums is giving me an error so I put it on pastebin

pastebin.com/z3bQ47yX

syncthing

syncthing works very well over LAN and WAN, it'll auto switch to whatever is the best. Unlike dropbox which sends shit to their server then back to your computers. syncthing won't use any internet at all if it doesn't have to

use

alright I'm going to try it.
I have
UUID=1b8ac891-0ef9-41dd-8ac7-a3ef1fb842b3 /storage ext4 defaults,relatime,rw 0 0

I just need to add "defaults,acl,relatime,rw" correct?

Awesome!! thanks guys I think that did it, so far so good!

I have one last question, I normally use:
ls -thal
I see it has a + sign, is there a good command that shows the same level of detail but also the ACL info?

Also is the
setfacl -d -m g::rwx / //set group to rwx default

recursive for every directory in that directory?

thanks again!

In cmus, how do I play the contents of an entire folder?
I press 5 to take me to the folder hierarchy, and it only plays one track at a time when I press space on the track. How do I make it so that it plays all of the tracks in the folder?

Seems like my iPod touch 5th gen has finally bitten the dust, after several years of laggy service.
I'm now looking for something to replace it. I liked the UI but I found its capacity (32GB) wanting because of my music collection expanding. Also, my headphones are Beyerdynamic Custom Studios (80 ohms). Any recommendations?

>install Violent- or Tampermonkey
>get 4chanX
>activate "Force Noscript Captcha"
>activate "Captcha Fixes" (only works with Tampermonkey right now)
No more fading tiles or unsolvable captchas. With captcha fixes you can also use your keyboard to solve it.

Attached: non-js_v2_captcha.png (300x421, 126K)

>only works with Tampermonkey right now
Nope, werks with violentmonkey too. It's Greasemonkey that can't do it.

weird mine plays them all by default
if you press 7 is the option there?

I think maybe "continue" is set to false for you

>recursive for every directory in that directory?
-R

Anyone familiar with LaTeX and bibtex?
>using scrreprt as document class
>entries in my .bib are ordered by ''keywords''
>in the .tex: \printbibliography[keyword=somekeyword,title={\large sometitle}]
>every group of such sources is put on a new page
How do I prevent the new page? Everything is under a /chapter{Bibliography} which is also put on a single page.

Attached: 92b7d418e316ac27e504c50bb8945bbc.jpg (750x864, 147K)

>went to bed last night and shut down my pc as usual
>Turn it on this morning and it's the loudest thing I have ever head
>Check Hardware Info and my GPU fans are spinning at 100%
>Panic and restart the computer
>Seems to be working fine now

What happened here? Should I be concerned

Did they finally fix it? Nice. Might switch back to Violentmonkey then.

start saving money for a new computer, something is on its way out. you might have a month, you might have 3 years, who knows.

How do I open an empty json file in python?

Reposting because I'm an idiot and fell asleep last night

I'm having some HDD problems.
See, I have both a SSD (as my primary drive) and a HDD (secondary ofc), but sometimes when I turn on my PC and try to open up anything stored in the HDD, it's awfully slow, it can take minutes to even open some Word document.
To fix the problem, I turn off PC, open the case and unplug/replug the SATA cable end going to the motherboard, more often than not it only takes doing that once to fix.
Anyone knows why this piece of shit does that? HDD is 1TB and not even half full.

HDD is a Seagate internal one.
Process manager shows no disk usage unless I start any operation, in which it spikes up to 98% or so
Tried with a different SATA port on the motherboard and a different SATA cable altogether, no dice.

are you the guy with the 80gb swap file?

*partition