Jow Forums best torrent clients?

>This piece of shit

Attached: 102093029523.png (256x256, 25K)

Nah it's an alright GUI torrent client. The masterrace client is rtorrent, but it has shitty keybinds that can't be changed.

Attached: rtorrent.png (1080x500, 276K)

>no GUI

Attached: 1506649637330.jpg (1000x1000, 160K)

>being a GUI brainlet
Learn to use a command line like a white man

Attached: terry.jpg (480x360, 20K)

White men invented GUIs. Only the less developed are stuck with CLIs/TUIs. I embrace my birthright.

Best torrent client is utorrent, just dont use it to upload, debloat it with that site that removes it in one click, and block the botnet processes.
And dont pay attention to these weirdos, they're permanent virgins for a reason.

Attached: 1526127193450.png (1440x1440, 827K)

>inb4 etcher
try burning an iso to a USB using a GUI then, please
>dd

>i/o error!

i'll stick with deluge

I'm just dropping acid here to get on your wavelength, to think why the fuck, in all the wide, wide universe, why I would ever, EVER want to do something like that?

transmission is the best for both local and server

to install gentoo

aria2c

Stop glorifying mental illness you lunatic.

This as well as rtorrent. But I don't like how I can't choose which files to download with aria.

I repeat: why the fuck, in all the wide, wide universe, why I would ever, EVER want to do something like that?

>bootable ISO
>what is rufus
the absolute state of no gui fags

You should try learning a little about technology before posting on the technology board.

>sick of ten-year meme distro
>therefore you must know nothing about technology
Is this really the power of open source?

Attached: 1520676324567.gif (479x304, 301K)

Worst argument I've heard. I'm all for command line over GUI but applications like YUMI do this really well.

deluge
let it wash over you

but I don't understand, it doesn't get viruses

I prefer using a GUI if it is my first time and want to get something done quickly with minimal hassle (assuming it is programmed well).

I find CLI to be more handy when I want some specific functionality that is not incorporated within a GUI tool. Especially when it comes to automating certain tasks.

For instance writing a script that shuts down my PC once critical processes such as my scheduled backup script and VM shutdown are complete.
I couldn't do that with a GUI tool unless someone specifically adds such features into the application.

For certain applications such as CAD work and video games a GUI makes far more sense.

so you can ssh into a dedicated headless box. derp

>ssh
Why would we do that when we've had RDP for 20 years now?

Qb used to be good before they added some retarded fucking update that removed my hundreds of private tracker torrents that I was seeding, forcing me to manually adding them again. Fuck Qshit torrent.

Well, you can on proper operating systems. Windows and macOS have tons of triggers for their task schedulers. Though, often, it comes down to "run this command (w/ lots of switches, no doubt) when trigger met" - at which point, you might as well be just scripting the whole thing.

I genuinely don't know how people have issues with qBittorrent. I've got several hundred torrents always running at once on it and I never get i/o errors, never get stalls, etc.
Is Jow Forums so fucking retarded that they go in to the advance settings and fuck it up for themselves? Like, it works with no settings changed, what the fuck are you people doing to break it?

I did too before their stupid faggot update.

Deluge

Attached: bluetear.png (48x48, 3K)

???
Still works on my machine. Noticed no issues. Have downloaded several torrents since updating.

It's one of the great mysteries of the universe. I too want to know what setting they don't know/understand that they're poking in Advanced to ruin everything for themselves.

qBitTorrent, rTorrent, Transmission. And if you're on windows, picoTorrent.

qb has everything i need, the built in RSS downloader is quite handy.
My only gripe is that I cannot view progress via cli, which is a pain should I ever need to ssh into my desktop without using a graphical interface.
Have to connect via VNC to check status but I rarely do that.

Well I don't know my guy.

Why not use its web interface thingamabob?

Well, what IS breaking for you? What happens? "stupid faggot update" is like saying your car makes a noise when starting up, it tells no one anything.

I literally said I don't know, nothing is breaking. It's just that after the update all of my torrent entries were gone.

saw it but never looked far into it.

>I literally said I don't know, nothing is breaking.
>It's just that after the update all of my torrent entries were gone.
So something did break then even though you said nothing did. Come on man.
Did you check your user folder to see if your data is there? The application keeps backups of all profiles and torrents.
C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\qBittorrent
Or just .qBitorrent in Linux I'd imagine.

hey i really like that torrent you downloaded! mind sending me the magnet link so i can download it to?

Transmission

Attached: Transmission-Logo.png (256x256, 26K)

Rufus sometimes writes grub weird in a way that can cause problems running the installation USB.

Solid choice for servers and if you want a really plain and simple desktop client. Doesn't give you every bit of information you'd ever want to know about your torrents, and options are limited. Nonetheless, it's solid as hell

>can search a fuck load of sites without launching a browser
How is it not the best by default?

Deluge also uses the libtorrent engine. Is it as buggy as Qbittorrent? Curious as I've been considering trying it.

get the fuck off MY Jow Forums you fucking nigger newfag. fuck you all

Thats why programs should be command line applications with GUI frontends
UNIX philosophy is correct

aria2 is the only option for servers.

The ones that have an emacs interface. So that means aria2 and transmission.

My current setup:
>Laptop repurposed as a server (ideapad with A8 CPU and 32GB DDR3)
>1Gbps ethernet with a 1Gbps fiber connection
>8TB of external storage in 4TB RAID10
>Transmission-daemon running on server
>Transmission remote clients on phone and other computers
Can add torrents from anywhere in the world. Even without a client, I can access my transmission-daemon from a browser. I also have a Plex server running on that server so I can stream music, movies and TV shows I download.

Aria2 can do torrents? Neat.

>Laptop repurposed as a server
cringe

the obvious answer

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 184K)

>laptop with an a8 cpu and 32GB of ram
>for simply downloading files

autism

>have to mess with files to change language to english

>gets banned from private trackers
shhh. nothing personnel kid.

Why is it banned?

I think because it ignores ratios so it abuses bandwidth without consequence? I could be wrong, something similar at least is what I heard.

Try qb nox

doing something like
sudo emerge -uvD world && sudo emerge --depclean && sudo poweroff
is excellent because I can go to bed and not have to worry about leaving my system on after it updates.

The white man invented gui for niggers, it was meant for niggers

Attached: W700.jpg (863x768, 122K)

Never mind I’m retarded. Its because it lets you change peer id.

transmission, because it was already installed on my distro

Use qBittorrent 4.0.3.
Newer versions for some reason aren't good at downloading files one at a time.

>t. CIA nigger

Attached: 1527277223849.jpg (900x900, 2.32M)

Anyone else been experiencing issues with search?

there are a fuckton of programs to do that LMAO retard

BASED TRANSMISSION

its like most windows users dont know it exists, it has been just werking on linux mint since forevor

fun story. i visited an old friend the other day and he still had utorrent running full screen displaying huge ass ads on his 60inch plasma

i literally threw up in my mouth no joke

Attached: 1528932082594.gif (632x480, 1.42M)

And seeding then and streaming them out to myself and a few others with accounts on my Plex server. It also acts as a NAS.
What's cringy about that? People repurpose old laptops as home file servers all the time. Far better than tossing a functioning laptop in the garbage or selling it for $100 on CL.

I retract my statement, I forgot you had mentioned Plex was a primary function.

I did it with an old Acer Aspire netbook with an atom n270 (dual core hyperthreaded but still weak) to make it a “mobile server”. I plant it near free Wi-Fi and torrent stuff on it via an HTTPS shell with tmux through Dataplicity.com. Works great and I just SFTP files back to my home server.

people who hate qbittorrent don't even know about the search feature, right?

Attached: 2018-08-16-161428_1276x672_scrot.png (1276x672, 170K)

The only bug I remember is that I wasn't able to add a specific torrent file without downloading it first. That happened once or twice in the last 3 years.

This happens to me on the daily with deluge, but only with low-seed torrents. Like 1-2 seeds. Just hangs on downloading the metadata, but if I download the actual file or just convert the magnet into a torrent if there’s not a file available, it works fine.

N270 was single core with HT

wow , just installed v.3.3.1 from software manag..
shit is going crazy within seconds i was almost at 700 speed down

wait I don't hate it and I didn't know wtf

MSI Wind reporting in - still running as a backup server (DHCP, DNS, and not really an issue to walk overnight backups through its 100Mbit Ethernet).

Attached: Windy.png (747x531, 40K)

I must have the wrong number in my head then. I have two netbooks and one is that spec but the acer is 4 thread. It’s a nice machine but it has a PowerVR-based graphics chip, aka useless on Linux. I use it headless anyways so it doesn’t matter that it’s running Debian, works well.

I loved my MSI Wind. It was amazing. I ended up trading for a shitty gingerbread android tablet though because I was an idiot. Biggest regret of my life.

>debloat it with that site that removes it in one click
explain
>burning an iso
>a USB
>burn a usb
You should see a doctor about your retardation

Seething.

Attached: 2.2.1 still ok.png (728x85, 30K)

That's whats known publicly ;^)

Transmission. All of the other stuff like search and RSS that other clients offer are better off in a separate program like Sonarr.

The crash doesn't even work. The most a website could do is force a popup, which can specifically be disabled with allow_pairing set to false, and the entire RPC server can be turned off with net_discoverable to false.
uTorrent 3.x was riddled with holes in that its RPC server was still accessible on the default port so that net_discoverable to false didn't even disable it.

There's such a huge difference between uTorrent developed by a proprietary genius and the 3.x line which was taken over by former freetards.

>qbittorent
>have to accept agreement that they're not responsible for what you download
Yes, because you are completely oblivious to what we are going to use it for, we're definitely not going to download copyrighted material

>Doesn't give you every bit of information you'd ever want to know about your torrents

What doesn't the RPC provide?

this with rutorrent kept crashing on my rpi3b+ home server so i had to replace with transmission.

does this still include malware or am i living under a rock?

Is there a torrent client with anime?

This is important.

Attached: 1485789928972.jpg (520x520, 57K)

They were hacked. It’s never had malware bundled.

That’s what Transmission Remote GUI is for. It looks similar to uTorrent.

>Windows
qBittorrent
>macOS
Transmission
>Linux
rtorrent+rutorrent

>The crash doesn't even work. The most a website could do is force a popup, which can specifically be disabled with allow_pairing set to false, and the entire RPC server can be turned off with net_discoverable to false.
>the entire RPC server can be turned off with net_discoverable to false.
Hi user, this is not true. net_discoverable only opened the RPC server to :10000. The RPC server still actively listens on your seeding port. There is no disabling it.

why not use qbittorrent or rtorrent on macOS?

>not using Bigly

Transmission is way more stable on macOS than both qBittorrent and rtorrent
If you're seeding (tens of) thousands of torrents, you want Transmission, no question.

>transmission is the best for both local and server
I only came into this thread to say this. That is all.

best torrent client to control via scripts? why tf neither deluge or transmission give me torrent's id after adding it

imagine the following scenario:
>add torrent
--add whatever.torrent
>get added torrent details
ooopsie, you have to go 1 step back, pull the entire list of active torrents (just imagine having more than a few...), get all of their id's, then add a new torrent, then get the whole list again, then compare the lists to find added torrent's id, and then, finally do:
--info $id

why can't add just return something like:
torrent added; id = a1b2c3

or maybe it's just me being retarded and doing things the wrong way, what do you say Jow Forums?

Attached: 1534033348989.png (650x686, 249K)

>i like doing things the hardest way possible