Compile C++ code on Windows 10

>compile C++ code on Windows 10
>binary executable works on Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, (as long as it's x86) Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 10 (x86 or x64)
>compile C++ code on Debian
>binary executable works on Debian-based distros and craps out on every other
>to maintain Linux binaries, get some lube ready and prepare to maintain binaries for 7-8 popular distro families
This is why Linux is a joke

Attached: Picture_unrelated_enterprise_cookies_Holland.jpg (604x476, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64
stackoverflow.com/questions/15910974/c-program-compatible-with-windows-95
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone can maintain those binaries, though. The person who wrote the software doesn't have to do it.

Unless you know, you're a one man team

>compile C++ code on Windows 10
>binary executable works on Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98, (as long as it's x86) Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 10 (x86 or x64)
this is not true

Anyone can take the source code and compile it for their distro of choice, then maintain that binary in their repos.

>(x86 or x64)
There is no x64. You just mean 64-bit x86.

>trusting other people

Attached: 1478190949468.jpg (900x675, 208K)

>x86-64
>also known as x64, x86_64, AMD64 and Intel 64
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64

if you're a one man team why do you care about binary compatibility with all the distros? just provide the source code and if someone from bumfuck OS wants to use it he can compile it himself

What do you have to trust them with, really? As long as the source code is open anyone could do that with or without your permission.

That's a stupid thing to call it. It's just 64-bit x86. It's still x86, regardless of the integers.

What if my source is closed because, you know, I want to sell my software not have some pimpled teenager fork it and masturbate over it with his pimpled friends

>also known as AMD64
>also known as Intel 64
Wat

Then don't release it for GNU/Linux.

Attached: standards.png (500x283, 24K)

if you're selling software for a living then be prepared to serve your target demographic's demand
having debian and centos in a vm is not difficult

AMD and Intel both developed 64-bit versions of Intel's x86 architecture.

if you don't trust them, then why are you on a thread about binaries?

>one man team
>can't even make his software work on more than one distro
>thinks that someone will pay for something he makes

>write platform independent C++ code
>anyone can compile or link it to whatever platform they like

OP is a fucking brainlet. Look at this.
You see, OP. You have got the direction wrong. C++ that's compiled on Windows 10 won't even run on Windows 7. Why? You need the visual studio redistributable installed first even for basic hello world. What is that you say? MS doesn't make that for very old Windows? Tough luck. Although, very old software will still run on modern Windows (Must be x86 though). Ever wondered why Windows is always bigger every release? Because biz customers want to run their ancient software on new Windows. So MS has to include lots of bet old libraries and make them work. Did you know that MS literally wrote a 16 bit emulator plus wrappers just so biz can run their literally ancient software? They finally removed that garbage in Windows 7.

>You need the visual studio redistributable installed first even for basic hello world
No, you moron, you need the fucking runtime. And you can link it statically with the /MT flag, which will make it run on anything that has the win32 API.

The rest of your post is completely incoherent so I'm not even going into it.

I'm brainlet but cannot this problem be solved by static flag?

Attached: 1525311871485.png (678x678, 196K)

I agree Linux is fragmented garbage, it's a hobby OS for artists.

>I'm brainlet but cannot this problem be solved by static flag?
Try to call gethostbyname()

Static linking makes it worse

why

yep, also known as x64 among other names

subhuman retard

Winderz is the only ecosystem that calls it x64
It's x86-64 or AMD64 virtually everywhere else.

Explain this brainlet. you have to have VS 2005 and that is not new.
stackoverflow.com/questions/15910974/c-program-compatible-with-windows-95

Nice false equivalency, you massive niggerfaggot. I have Debian sooftware made in 2001 and another program from 2004/2005 and both of them compile fine on a modern Debian system, and both of the binaries work fine to this day on 32-bit Debian systems. Get the fuck out of here, you massive brainlet.

>binary executable works on Debian-based distros and craps out on every other
Wrong. I've made Linux binaries that work on any Linux based systems as long as they're x86. You need to either install the dependencies or try a piece of software that doesn't have any, like a stand alone sell or other program. Dumbfuck.

>binary executable works on Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98
DOS based Windows programs are not compatible with NT based Windows programs. Double dumbfuck.

>AMD64 and Intel 64
Intel64 (IA64/Itanium) is basically Intel's 64-bit RISC architecture, and is NOT x86 compatible. AMD64 is the 64-bit extensions on top of Intel's 16/32-bit x86 architecture.

No, AMD developed them. Both companies use the same 64-bit extensions.

Attached: 1531852952765.jpg (591x643, 69K)

/thread

Brainlet question here.

Coudd you use snap packages for it?