Bank Vault

My employer has a challenge regarding cracking a bank vault in their basement. How do vaults like this actually work? Images showing front and back to come. Really interested to learn whatever background info I can! It's old as shit. Cool technology!

Attached: received_548596922221274.jpg (4032x3024, 634K)

Another view

Attached: received_519001921878562.jpg (592x800, 49K)

Pretty sure you need three numbers and two keys gl

Use thermite? Or does he still need it?

Safe cracking has always been super interesting to me. Never was that good with my hands so never really tried to pursue it at all. Update with how it turns out if you do anything with it.

don't open it, there are ghosts inside, it's a trick

Ghosts D:

The keys sound like the hardest part, I'm not even sure where they go in. We're going to attempt it in September, starting by removing all the plate metal around it to see what we can see. I feel confident I could easily get the numbers using a digital stethoscope, but that's only part of the problem...

What are the terms of the contest?

Are you allowed to move the safe? How long are you allowed to take? What equipment are you permitted to use? Are you permitted to leave a trace or destroy the safe?

That looks old enough that you can probably manipulate it.

Guys, the thermal drill

Is this the cover for ? You didn't explain where this view is from.

Also are those two windows on the right side in meant to display numbers picked using knobs below? What's the large center knob for ?

The keys seem to obviously go into the two holes at the bottom of the lock case.

Leave it to me.

Attached: film-le-solitaire81[1].jpg (268x409, 17K)

Just bring a water jet or oxy cutter

go get it

Give it back, Jamal.

The terms of the contest say you can use anything except explosives, but I doubt they'd be happy if I used a thermal Lance.

Water jet, while doable, would probably flood the place, again making them... Unhappy.

Safe is not moveable. It is the size of conference room (and is used as such) view with three dials is the side with the large horizontal 'pins' that retract when it is successfully opened.

Currently unsure what the dials do, will investigate further on Monday and report back.

Lockpicking is easy user

You need flux capacitor

>conference room in a safe

You need 99 thieving.

give it back, roman pearson

The three dials and the balance wheels above look like a time lock device.
On the other door the two dials to the right with the windows would be standard rotary locks, like on normal safe, probably more than 5 digits.

So if you have both sets of five digits and the time is right, you can open the safe.