Have a job interview

>Have a job interview
>Hired on the spot
>Start next week
>Great salary

It's not fair. I just wanted to be a NEET.

Attached: 1508613774916.jpg (658x662, 68K)

Stfu stop showing off

>tfw that happened to me

You die if you work

Attached: 1534261656179.jpg (400x306, 27K)

>do nothing for 6 months besides watching youtube vids, catching up on political news and weather channels, and shitposting on forums
>all while getting paid big money
Why do IT management allow this? Who the fuck thought it would be efficient for me to show up at work at 9 AM and do absolutely nothing until 4 PM (including a mandatory 70 minute lunch and two 15 minute breaks throughout the day) on going for 6 fucking months?

I consider being a neet but id hate myself but I hate my job and everyone at it. Boomers are some selfish people who shit on you just for being young. They are always complain about young people being on their phones but they will literally take a nap at work.

>70 minute lunch
because your management is even more incompetent than you are.

>$25/h + overtime and benefits
>every other week has Friday off, but it average to 80 hours over two weeks
It's going to be a great job, but who the hell is going to make more than I'm worth? What the fuck could I be doing that DESERVES this much money

My job is ok, but fuck the fact that I'm sitting around for forty fucking hours a week on the off-chance that someone might call.
And then there's weeks where everything is on fire.
And both are fucking shit.

>tfw that happened to me
it's a complex feel. while you get to make money for working you lose the comfiness of being able to get up and go to sleep whenever you want.

Supply and demand, user, supply and demand.

What is the job? Give your work/education history

>getting paid to shitpost on Jow Forums
are you sure you won't be living the dream OP?

sounds like my job
>slowly write some asp.NET site that isn't time critical, but requires a lot of knowledge on company internals
>progressively develop it
>all while looking up used thinkpads on ebay and browsing Jow Forums
Honestly pretty comfy

>user copypastes some code and fixes it 10 hours out of 40 a week before browsing Jow Forums for 30 more hours
>gets paid +$20/h

>I pick up heavy objects and move them for 8 hours a day 6 days a week with one 30 minute lunch a day
>get paid $ 11.25 an hour, can't even browse Jow Forums on my phone because no time
You could have it so much worse, you dumb frogposting manchild

>paid internship with actuarial firm over summer
>huge amounts of downtime between very brief stints of work
>most of the "work" is explaining python code to ancient statisticians who can't read it
>start spending most of my time working on my own projects on my laptop
>notice nobody has been asking me to do anyrhing for a while
>don't want to fuck up my work experience reference so I check in with the boss
>he just tells me to keep working on whatever I've been working on and shoos me out before I can explain I have been doing fuck all
>proceed to look extremely busy while I make shitty android apps and rice my desktop
>get asked to do real work less and less as time goes on
>mfw I got paid $30/h for working on my own pet projects in their offices for the past three months
>mfw they want me to come back next summer

Attached: 14325880029924.gif (452x404, 1.47M)

got a junior front end dev interview tomorrow

absolutely shitting it and ive prepared like a madman but probably still won't get ithow the fuck do you faggots get so luck

Attached: feels_within_feels_within_feels_interlinked.jpg (636x431, 46K)

>wanted to be a worthless anime-watching NEET
>end up having 6 paid internships total during a 5 year CS degree including 2 stints at Google and 1 at Microsoft
it's not fucking fair

Attached: 1365117258395.png (412x351, 74K)

I don't know where you live, but I'm pretty sure you could be making way more money if you're actually willing to do physical work. Trades are sorely in need of people these days. A friend of mine works at a metal-working factory and he's up to $20/hr after 5 or 6 months. They saw he wasn't an idiot and kept moving him up to better work.

NEET is awful, I don't get why people idolize it. You basically are a worthless piece of shit as a NEET with no meaning. Most NEETs are also super depressed.

look at this wagecuck lmao

>Great salary
Then why not just work for a few years and NEET longer and more reliably?

Attached: 37202.webm (720x480, 1.34M)

You die if you don't work.

Turns out you die. Really makes you think...

It doesn't get better. Working just took a perfectly happy NEET and gave him anxiety.

God I wish that was me

>all those easy jobs
>meanwhile I'm busting my ass to make $3/hour in this shitty country
Commend me senpai, I'll fly there and gladly do nothing for good cash, I can also do real work as long as it pays more
>CS degree
>web development
>no professional network

>tfw the company I work for might get sued
>tfw I might lose my job
>tfw my gf might be pregnant too
Life is great

Attached: 1470504956340.jpg (1000x990, 180K)

Are you large and slavic? I'll pay you $9 an hour to follow me around and look intimidating. Worst case scenario you have to wave a gun around a little or carry a heavy box with hard drives, tapes, or paper files in it. I need foreign muscle but don't want a brown person and it turns out that's actually really hard to find when you can't put "NO AMERICANS, NIGGERS, OR SPICS" in the advert. I swear all these anti-discrimination laws have done is waste my time and theirs.
Also if you have a huge (8"+) dick and will do fag shit... maybe there will be some extra opportunities for you.
Obviously I am clearly not serious about any of this, that might be illegal, but just go ahead and humor me here, then we can talk profesionally and officially on the record about it.

Attached: random.png (2544x172, 40K)

Prepare for questions that have nothing to do with FED.

OwO

Your company will either go out of business eventually or they're going to start trimming the fat once they realize shit is fucked/an economic crash. Enjoy it while you can and save your money. This wont last forever

>Live as a NEET hermit for a few years.
>Had some cash to live off for a while from previous work. Notorious penny pincher here with a knack for budgeting. Don't leave the apartment, so no need for a car. Don't need to waste money on dinning out or bars with (nonexistent) friends.
>Get by for a while, but money is a finite resource and funds dwindle.
>Haven't bought new clothes or tech in years. Living off ramen, cheap beer and budget cigarettes from the local 24/7 corner store.
>Start auctioning off personal items of value online. Make a little extra scratch to keep afloat.
>Body and mental health start to deteriorate. Drop to 125 lbs. Spiraling depression and fits of anger and overall misanthropy.
>Can no longer sustain myself. It's work or die.
>College educated with a shit resume. I fire off applications to every IT job within a five mile radius.
>A few interviews. Hiring staff typically look at me, see how sick and gaunt I've become, and don't bother with follow-up interviews.
>Finally manage a gig with a mental-health clinic doing basic IT work.
>Manage to climb the ranks to junior sysadmin within a month.
>Now work six days a week for decent pay.
And it's love-hate. Miss the NEET days, but it's just not sustainable. Some days I want to save up enough cash for another bout of NEETdom. Still save most of what I earn to maybe make this happen in the future. Dealing with people is rubbish.

This happened to me too, now I barely have any free time :(

nonNEET here who has been SRE past 5 years and Sr SysAdmin for ~10 years. How do I get my free time back? Literally bored all the time when I do have free time, then weekend comes literally don't care about doing anything. This the life of non-NEET? I have all this money saved up and literally dont know what to do with it (no interest in a house or car for ex).

forgive the primal /b/ instincts but sauce plox

Automate what you can to lessen your workload. This never worked for me because I've got massive reserves of Catholic guilt built up from childhood. If I'm not working, but I'm also at work, something must be very, very wrong. It's a blessing and a curse.
Keep saving money. You can never have too much money. Still, find the time to take a trip upstate every now and again, if you can afford to take time off work. Fresh air after being stuck in a shell for 8+ hours a day does wonders.
And don't worry about idle time. Doing nothing is time to decompress. When I was a NEET, I'd find myself in bed at 4 p.m. staring at my ceiling. Not a thought on my mind. Totally static, a zen-like state of being.
Reading a good novel is a good way to pass time. Listen to music, put together a small computer lab at home and fuck around. There are endless routes at your disposal.

literally have done all that lol, except for maybe "going upstate".

Take a trip, then. Doesn't matter if you're flying solo, going into the woods or visiting another city. If you've got the means to travel, you should do it.

Where the fuck do you live that you can live without a job for fucking years, unless you had a lot of money saved up.
>I work at a gun rage and some slow days I spend a lot of time shitposting on my phone
>get to be outside and shoot guns when I want to.
>have to deal with a lot of people on a day to day basis which is good because otherwise I'd be a shut in watching animu and playing videogames all day long

Some days its love/hate and I dont get paid much but god damn am I happy working outside a cubicle and getting to shoot guns.

Attached: 1509682407726.png (800x1132, 748K)

same
not even joking f4m

It can be really kind of weird how much money you suddenly start making. Last month I had basically no income and I cut my own hair etc. Then suddenly you get 10k relocation fees + 15k one time bonus for first month of work. Really makes you wonder if the whole invisible hand thing is utter bullshit.

this

Attached: FB_IMG_15280412377721178.jpg (540x540, 237K)

Nah that's the law in some parts

>tfw you used to be a total failure some years ago and now you make more money than anyone else in the family

Attached: 1465850896756.gif (320x240, 1.58M)

I live (and grew up) in a suburb outside a large city in the Midwest.
I worked when I was really young. Got scholarships which made my university debt situation pretty manageable. Worked while I went to school full time.
My whole family worked UAW stamping plant/line jobs. Guess I picked up on the blue collar work ethic by osmosis. The rules my relatives passed down to me: Work hard, work smart, live within your means, avoid debt like the plague. Follow these tenets, save for future uncertainties, and you'll be much better off.
I also made safe investments during early adulthood which ended up being something of a bedrock. Didn't stop me from selling off all my valuables to afford food, however. My NEET life was emotional, financially and physically draining. Became a pariah in my own family. Nothing good comes of sustained NEETdom.
I also like guns, too. My dad is a retired county deputy, so I grew up around them. You should feel blessed to have the opportunity to enjoy your work. Most are not so lucky.

>be broke in college (parents contributed $100, my high school graduation present)
>on food stamps for part of college
>wisely manage my money, etc
>graduate, get a job making $70k
>talking to people I know who are still broke (no college, or low-income major) about ways to save money
>they spend $4 a day on red bull, etc
>they tell me to stop, I can't relate, I'm rich, etc

do I gotta make rich friends now or something? I'm not even rich, or saying to NEVER have luxury foods like red bull, steak etc.

I also live in Midwest but a small town with no good opportunities. Where to I begin learning a useful skill I can't even determine what that skill is besides IT. I don't know how non small businesses work I've never worked for anyone but Mom and Pop types I want a job where I can do the work but also be a loner and away from people sometime pls

>get job
>make friends with coworkers, really enjoy my work
>finally finish ramping and start being productive
>One month in
>get a better job offer

Here we go again

Attached: 1520859300265.gif (600x525, 714K)

It's hard to notice at that scale I guess. I'm there but you don't think of it as a huge chunk of your budget when you're like that I guess. For me it's cigarettes I know I shouldn't it's a huge waste but it's like a crutch I cling to not because I need a cigarette but I just need something to like always be there if that makes sense. I think people like that fill the void with ridiculous stuff to feel like a normie and it's this weird half illusion of still being middle class when that's no longer their bracket I guess idk

Sono hanabira no chizure would or something like that

>be me
>go to college
>spend 7 years at a CC and university
>get a degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in supply chain management
>can't get a job anywhere
>still a NEET

Stay mad, betas.

How far away do you live from the nearest big city?
You can always make the commute for more IT-related opportunities. Will be somewhat jarring for you, though. The commute through traffic, plus the "enterprise" environment, with all it's politics and gloss, is the antithesis of mom-and-pop.
If you like IT, though, make the plunge. It's worth the pain, in my opinion. Build up revenue, budget yourself, find a place closer to work. You've got to set goals for yourself. Start small.
One of my few friends lives in bumfuck nowhere and works as a park ranger. Absolute dream of a job. You could also consider that. Law enforcement is cool as fuck.

I hope you're not planning on releasing any of that software because they belong to the company now.

I'm scared this is gonna happen to me. If I don't land a job I'm gonna be stuck living with strangers in an apartment that I can't afford. I don't want this to happen to me. I'd rather shoot myself in the head.

>first interview in job search
>get hired
>have to move now

I work with park rangers at a state park in season but late fall early spring all winter I'm fucked

Fuck off asshole

I know a guy that's trying to get a park job in the california and he hasn't had any luck. He even got a degree but it hasn't helped him find any work.

>someone stupid enough to move to California
always a treat, lel

Born in California. I've considered getting out but I wanna get a tech job so I'm probably gonna go to college here and try to get a job here.

Oh okay. Please do stay there. Forever.

Damn that sucks California seems like a lot of park ground. I don't need a degree or anything but I don't do anything technical very often either

>spent a year as a NEET
>just got hired to start next month
>great salary
>now I have to break the conditioning so I can actually work

Why live

Attached: 1517584031445.gif (413x243, 51K)

>fail interviews one by one

fuck being brainlet
how the hell do you pass? it feels like if i ever had a pause in my task it would automatically disregard me
i cant even apply as trainee/junior

Attached: 220px-Rottweiler3.jpg (220x294, 26K)

My problem is that I really have no interest in communicating with other people I just want to work and go home please why is this so difficult

I love it but looking for a change because its not enough to pay the bills in the city I live in. Having access to my own range where I can shoot and train and teach classes whenever I want to is fucking priceless though. Ive had ex-special operations guys come do private classes for me and friends from 8pm to 4 am for fucking free. You cant put a price on that sort of experiences compared to working in a fucking office. Im now applying to working as an English teacher in Japan though.

Attached: smokey_did_nothing_wrong.jpg (871x376, 81K)

Well that's something you have to do man if you wanna work for a company. I'm the same way.

>tfw got degree and had good run as neet for 3 years in parents house and joined airforce in IT job where I sit and watch youtube videos

how do I not fuck this up if I want to get out of the air force? what certs and skills do I get in 4 years? I only have sec+

>slowly write some asp.NEET site
ftfy user

are you talking about actual boomers or boomer boomers

pm sent ;)

I can usually fake normie talk at work but once I'm home I shut everyone else out

Stay strong user

just talk random shit. you aren't being force to talk, and as long as you are not insulting them or being too creepy, it's OK.

LOL, fatty

Is it worth it to be mooching and living on SSI instead of being a work wage slave? I'm 29 ffs I've never had a damn job my whole life...

tell your future employers that you left for new opportunities, because you were bored/didn't like the military or some bullshit

>all NEETs are fat
no

Here's the thing, if you take on an unskilled labor job you'll make barely anymore than SSI and you'll lose your benefits, lose your time and be chained to this job. I'd suggest looking into an apprenticeship or going to college.