Retro futuristic desktops

I really like the way people in the 90s imagined desktop enviroments in the future. Anybody knows of a good gnome theme? Also, what do you think about it, Jow Forums?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zp_TILiZSJ8&t=41s
youtube.com/watch?v=bOsks9gg3eA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck off retard

Attached: download.jpg (197x255, 9K)

Bump, i have interest in this aswell as 80's aesthetic of how they thought the future would look

I think the best example i have seen is the to be seen at 00:20 in this video.
youtube.com/watch?v=zp_TILiZSJ8&t=41s

>using gnome

Attached: GFP3iy9y_400x400.jpg (340x340, 22K)

I think I like the sort of interface Deus Ex has. I like the small fonts and shit.

>non-qwerty keyboard
yikes

>Using a keyboard system that was designed to be unfamiliar and slow because of the limitations of mechanical typewriters on a digital computer system

Double yikes

>being a faggot

triple yikes

Do you mean the first game or the sequels?
The guis from the first deus ex look pretty cool. I don't like the orange tinted flat ones in the sequel, cuz they look too close to what we have today.

Honestly, the GUI looks more early-2000s-ish.

You shouldn't be spreading memes for idiots

I was looking at this one, when I was writing that.
Now that you said it, I kinda see some similarities between this and windows xp shapes, though the window close button look a bit like macOS to me.
Anyway I prefer the blue/green guis to the orange ones like this or vanilla ubuntu.

Attached: 2349078-deus+ex+-+deus+ex+-+2013-10-19+06-54-2159.jpg (1920x1080, 251K)

Reminds me of FO:New Vegas.
Orange filters are garbage no matter the theme or place.

The screenshot is kinda close, but it kinda lacks the shittiness of the 90s, looks too polished I guess.

Good topic but not much material on that.

Had book from the 90s that explored possible trends in future gui developement and another one that covered soviet interfaces, especially those from Buran project. I've unfortunately lost both.

pic is what synaptics in 2009 thought gui would look now.

Attached: dims.jpg (549x461, 129K)

youtube.com/watch?v=bOsks9gg3eA

Some user recently posted that Apples next gen UI will probably look something like that with depth and real time lighting using path tracing and stereoscopic screens.

Haven't found any source confirming that but it doesn't sound impossible.

That would have been great. Do you remember the titles?
Also that gui does not look that much different from smartphones nowadays imho.

Tbh I would welcome some change in ui design, some fresh air you know. Everything looks the same recently and I am sick of the win10 like flat ui design.

I'm just not looking forward to 10 more years of trying to make UIs for touch screens on small devices work on a desktop which has at minimum a 14" screen.

True. I used to do some front end web stuff in my job, and even making a resposive webpage/webapp is a pain in the ass.
One (either the desktop or the mobile) always looks like a compromise compared to the other one.

will you faggots actually post something of use

Attached: 1532303306294.jpg (750x709, 40K)

Flat isn't going anywhere. I can see more adaptative interfaces happening because people like when things are moving. Truth is flat design is quite efficient.

flat's going to leave because it's going to look boring and samey after a few years and someone's going to break the trend and push it as the next big thing
get ready for beveled 3D 2.0, this time with actual 3D rendered controls

It will be mandated 3d. It will lack the charm of early 2 thousand. I don't really care about having a volumic UI, a good solution would be a completely modular one, a bit like widgets. With a tool to create and design your owns.
I just want something interesting.

Attached: bumptop.jpg (400x282, 19K)

>more fucking bloat just for the computer to sit there looking pretty