Still caring about 144hz/240hz/480hz

>Still caring about 144hz/240hz/480hz
120hz with backlight strobing gives you CRT quality motion. No you don't need 240hz for your video games.

Attached: selection.png (1078x788, 450K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900f
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Bwaa bwaa why aren't you using something I'm using bwaaa

120hz Backlight strobing is objectively superior for motion quality, even compared to 480hz.

>backlight strobing
Is medical insurance included?

>Backlight strobing
So the panel lasts 1/20th of the regular panel lifespan,

It would actually give your backlight a longer lifespan.

240hz with backlight strobing is even better

Attached: bb.png (884x401, 71K)

Why be against technology advancing?
The more idiots buy into overpriced memes the more the reasonable stuff becomes cheaper... Usually

I want 480Hz backlight strobing though

I'm looking for at least 8 to 10 khz displays.

>muh gamer refresh rate vs the Profesional high resolution

Attached: 1528936239808.png (758x584, 626K)

highly trained jet pilots can identify around 300 different frames per second
why do you want 10000 fps displays?
I understand if you want around 1khz to completely eliminate ghosting artifacts but why more?
does it make ANY difference?

you wouldn't be able to see the stuff on the screen you dumbass

Attached: photostudio_1534450636703.png (1080x1637, 889K)

This is embarassing

How? Show me a better phone and with 120Hz, I'll even wait.

Attached: 1.png (210x255, 59K)

Just make sure to buy a monitor with a high brightness so when you enable the strobing, the dimness is offset by higher brightness.

>not going for both
I will never understand you poorfags.

The human eye is incapable of seeing over 3 fps

But then my screen isn't bright enough and I can't see shit.

>No you don't need 240hz for your video games.
you're right
you need 240hz for your fucking cursor, eyelet

I tried it in best buy, and as an eyeball chad who can see the difference between 144hz and 180hz, I have to say, the Razer phone is shit.

Your finger obscures a lot of the screen and motion because the screen moves with your finger anyway. The fast refresh rate is also hard to notice on such a tiny screen. For at least a 24" monitor, fast refresh rate is almost a necessity for me. But for tiny devices like laptops and phones, fast refresh rate is a lot less pleasant because tiny screens are less immersive anyway.

Other than that, the typical 20 yo boomer shit, such as I didn't like that the phone was really thin and didn't have a removable battery. The sound was alright but wasn't impressive. Maybe it was the game I was playing. Mobile games are incredibly boring and cringey. I typically disagree with the "games are for kids, grow up" rhetoric here, but for mobile games, it's really true, something like this could only entertain a 9 year old.

Attached: razer-gaming-phone-01-480x320.jpg (480x320, 46K)

gaming on phones is for toddler aged boomers. Grown ups use desktop computers or at least a stupid console with a big TV.

>Computer
>only for grownups

That's a good one. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Even a little kid can figure out a quick and good easy build with grand specs. It's not hard at all. Noobdy on this planet gives a damn for computers except for workers, gamers and students.

Nvidia has likely dropped ULMB, the new the 4k/144Hz/HDR displays don't have it. Also AMD is fucking lazy and refuses to implement their own backlight strobing standard, instead focusing on meme shit like low framerate compensation which only Xbox fags need.

Why won't the discrete time meme go away? It's 2018, everything should be continuous time by now.

Spacetime is discrete.

Sure, but remember you are trading input lag for that smooth motion. The screen flashes cause a slight increase in input lag, which is unacceptable for some games.

I just set the Official™ Insdustry® Standard© to 1000007573464 Hz, compete with that motherfuckers!

They're LED. Strobing has no effect on LED lifespan.

LED doesn't care.
10% duty cycle means 10x longer lasting LED.

most monitors modulate panel brightness exactly in this manner, brainlet.

So what's the solution for people who don't want motion blur?

who are you quoting?

Maybe you should sip more friendo

Sony 4K, any model from the 850/900 series and up support 1440p/120hz input with 240hz ULMB (motion flow) and HDR.

What you mean like TVs? They have backlight strobing?

literally a meme, increasing frame rate to combat persistence doesn't work on such small screens and mobile LCDs have poor response times so you run into the wall at 79-86hz~

>No you don't need 240hz for your video games.

maybe not, but you don't really need 120hz or 120hz strobed either.
but since we're talking about niceties anyway, I'd prefer 240hz just to avoid perceptible, eye-strain inducing (for me at least) flicker.

I still hate TN, but when we get to 2560x1440@240 I can deal with it. And no, I won't expect to get 240 fps at that resolution on any sort of new-ish game, but it's not like old games just don't exist anymore.

>2560x1440@144 27" TN
It hits all the gamer feels.

If you are in US, nope. :^)

>eye-strain inducing (for me at least) flicker.
You don't need 240hz, 144hz, or 120hz for that. Just get a proper non-pulse-width-modulated flickerless monitor.

No, OP is right that strobing makes moving objects look drastically clearer. My personal issue is that 120 Hz strobing (including from shitty fluorescent lights) gives me a day-long headache after about half an hour of continuous use/exposure. I've never used a 240 Hz display, but it's my hope that that refresh rate would be above the range that bothers me.

Yeah Sony Braiva have it it's called motion flow

rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900f

Keep in mind only certain models X850, X900, X930 support 120 fps and 240hz strobing, when a custom resolution is passed in it will bypass the TV processor and push the input lag way down, rtings says 12ms for those models I listed.

Thanks user.

Attached: 1534409493248 (1).jpg (800x720, 496K)

>tfw goth the 144hz meme asus
That fucker is so bright I use it at 5%-0% brightness holy fuck.

I remember trying strobomeme, but I remember getting shit colors.

Give me 60hz with hidpi and good colours so I can enjoy my monitor for things other than watching a 10 pixel sprite moving at 1000 pixels a second please.

75hz is my breaking point, 85 in a perfect world

Unfortunately the trifecta Strobe = Hz = FPS is really only possible with Vsync. Looks phenomenal, but input is slightly fucked for muh shootan games

>AMD is fucking lazy and refuses to implement their own backlight strobing standard
Why would they? nVidia already had display controllers in the wild to implement it on but that'd be a whole new hardware segment for AMD. Backlight strobing doesn't actually have anything to do with the GPU.