Pale moon 28 release

Well Jow Forums? Why do you not use pale moon? Or it's sister browser basilisk?
palemoon.org/releasenotes.shtml

Attached: palemoon.png (1130x690, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xref.palemoon.org/uxp-trunk/source/application/
github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86
blocklist.palemoon.org/info/?id=pm112
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shameless self bump

i've heard that palemoon has some security exploits but i still use it when i run windows or linux

Because post-XUL Firefox has been far faster than those cheap clones.
Nevertheless I'm interested in the UXP so maybe I'll give them a look.

I am. Partly to get things behave like Firefox 2, they shat everything up with versio 3 and on.

looks good

Attached: 18.08.16-23.55_maim.png (1366x768, 390K)

Are left vs right supposed to be the same program?

Left is the new Firefox, right is Pale Moon.

What are the differences between pale moon and basilisk?

I tried having the same stuff on both
Note that Palemoon supports tabs on top of address bar
Also it reminded me that some legacy addons were pretty cool

Attached: 18.08.17-00.57_maim.png (1366x768, 202K)

I use Pale Moon mostly just for Jow Forums, because its still GTK2. Mainline Firefox is GTK3-only now and the GTK3 file picker is a giant pile of shit (like most things GNOME has done this decade) and I can't stand using it to post images.

From link given in OP
>We continue to offer a fully customizable interface like before. Australis (like seen in Basilisk) is not used.
So Basillisk is a clone of the pre-Quantum Firefox, whereas Palemoon is a clone (as in similar interface) of pre-Australis Firefox
And both will be based on the same platform so much code will be shared between the two and maintaining them both will be easier
xref.palemoon.org/uxp-trunk/source/application/
Though I am not sure how viable any of the two projects are considering that they also have to support their Gecko fork
And layout engines are not an easy thing

>Why do you not use pale moon?
Because Firefox works just fine for me.
I tried palemoon a year ago and it was a pain in the ass.

Because I use Waterfox. It's less autistic and less furry. Also no Tobin.

Attached: fag.png (420x420, 249K)

bump

Will the pain ever go away?

github.com/jasperla/openbsd-wip/issues/86

Tobin is the shit, you suck.

FURRY BROWSER

No extensions. Used to be my go to browser but now I just use basilisk

Waterfox, just like Thunderbird and Seamonkey, is a dead end, now that almost all "legacy" APIs have been removed from mozilla-central.

I've switched to Pale Moon full-time since the early beta of version 28 and everything's smooth so far. I like to replicate the Firefox 4 experience with Stratum theme plus Downloads Window extension. Perfection!

>Waterfox is a dead end
Palefags on damage control

>Noscript literally banned because of a rage fit from dev
>ublock doesn't update anymore either
Funny thing is that these two are pretty mainstream extensions, it's not like anyone is asking for them to support some sort of obscure addon.

Wut? Sauce?

They kicked Tobin out, lol

Pale Moon makes reCAPTCHA almost unsolvable because Google discriminates against browsers it doesn't recognise.

don't have any sauce on ublock but for noscript blocklist.palemoon.org/info/?id=pm112

Just broke Jow Forums render by updating. Now I have to allow piguiproxy and amgload to get it to complete fully. Fuck. On the other hand it fixed a javascript issue with image galleries. So - no rollback. The slippery slope.

For a second I thought the left is the new pale moon. Of course not, it's actually the one with shiny, colorful inflated buttons.

> NoScript is known to cause severe issues with a large (and growing) number of websites and stability issues in the browser itself, negatively influencing otherwise unrelated browser features.
How is that a rage fit?

reCAPTCHA is botnet anyway. Is there a way to submit a bug report tho?

I quite like it.

Attached: g - pale moon 28 release - Technology - 4chan - Pale Moon.png (1854x1345, 264K)

??

Attached: Untitled.png (507x461, 28K)

I use basilisk.
it just werks