30 year old boomer here

30 year old boomer here

Anyone else feel consumer technology has peaked a long time ago? Where is the innovation like pic?

Attached: 57dd13107b344f7c0333b16d2a590721.jpg (756x1000, 167K)

No one is putting resources in improving audio tech anymore.
Those who do are just pushing snakeoil.
Stuff like hires streaming or MQA.

>30 year old baby boomer
Are you on drugs?

Audio tech is dead. Everything is about wireless/bluetooth now which sounds like shit.

Attached: 2.jpg (500x415, 93K)

Why improve audio when everyone listens to shit on their phones?

Even music production sounds like absolute trash these days.

Attached: 17662581e86d0a4f71.jpg (960x640, 58K)

Attached: 1431518186316_VINYL_12_inch_klein_gen_2.jpg (660x660, 91K)

Attached: sony_nwwm1z_premium_walkman_with_high_resolution_1295893.jpg (2500x2500, 503K)

>No one is putting resources in improving audio tech anymore.
>No one is putting resources in improving Operating Systems anymore.
>No one is putting resources in improving automobile tech anymore.
>No one is putting resources in improving Custom PC (SEGA, NEC, SHARP, FM-TOWNS) tech anymore.
What ARE they putting their resources toward?

Attached: youtuber.jpg (1216x888, 216K)

They realised that you don't ACTUALLY have to make something better, just let people's assumption that a new thing is improved do the work.

Finding ways to extract and sell your data.

in ereaders and smartphones

truth hurts

Attached: wojak window mountain dew.jpg (1000x640, 106K)

pic related was the apex of technical and aesthetic innovation in hi-fi. Then, the dope ran out. All downhill form there.

Attached: akai_8trackiavscanda.com_[1].jpg (1000x590, 224K)

nobody takes pride in their work anymore, and most modern technology today is designed by and sold to people like who just want the bare minimum for the cheapest price while yielding the most profits

>almost 30 year old boomer here
Yea, honestly... I've come to hate technology now. Technology is basically "social media" now. Shit that was new 20 years ago (phishing) is some how "new" to normies now.

The only way I get "new" technology is by buying new technology and waiting for homebrew scene. Sad really.

i dont think thats what he was saying, tbf. Point was maybe more, most actual production iss balanced towards being reproduced via complete and utter fucking trash, like Phone 2 Bluetooth earbuds. And If 90% of your market is gonna listen to shot on trash, you eq for that, not for quality hi-fi reproduction. As others have noted, soon as wireless became the dominant means of audio transport, gave up even trying to pretend it was about aural quality.

When Apple finally makes the iPhone into a single sheet of glass. That is peak performance.

Gimmick: The Turntable

I can't even imagine how awful that thing must sound