Can valve actually make a better wine ?

Can valve actually make a better wine ?

Attached: chrome_2018-08-17_01-03-13.png (1167x289, 34K)

But will it be libre?

There are multiple threads with the same subject. If it works yay, if it doesn't yay. Who gives a shit beyond gaymers that wanna be on linux?

WiNeWrAppErSAREnOtAnEwThInG

>bing bing pow wahoo!
And I still won't blay bideo bames like a s o y filled bitch.

Most likely just a bunch of scripts automating Wine and game installation to make it more available for the general public.

>current year
>not evading fitlers
s᠌oyboy

No, Valve is technically inept. Look at source 2, it looks like it's from 2007. A monkey could read a book on modern rendering techniques and make a better renderer

Fucking finally.
>Can valve actually make a better wine
Probably not. They'll just cannibalize the source code of PlayOnLinux and add most of it's functionality to Steam launcher, possibly also working with Lutris project to add stable wine install scripts to Steam. But they won't touch wine.
As long as you can manage wine versions per game the same way you can in PlayOnLinux it will be fine. I'd rather have an option to run the latest stable release than be on an outdated point zero release for over a year, like Ubuntu and Mint are (still on 3.0). Wine and dxvk are improving significantly each month, the only thing Valve can do now is fund the two projects because Valve themselves don't really have competent developers and afaik nobody there is working on wine, they're mostly working with native Linux software.

No lol

Why the fuck is valve pushing the linux meme so hard?

preparing for death of windows

because having to run an OS that has a mind of its own is not good when all you want is to play gaymes?

Microsoft wants to try to kill Steam so Valve is going to try to kill Windows.

it will likely be more similar to Lutris scripts but encapsulated behind steam settings to have the appearance of something that 'just werks'.

I'm all for it. I dealt with playonlinux for many years and lutris blew that out of the water. Anything with proper support will be even better.

oh the irony, i would actually use loonix if that was the case.

Will software companies murder OS companies?

VERONICA!

I cant wait for them to base it on ubuntu 12.04 again. I really like it when they do that.

Microsoft is slowly fucking itself over and plans to move windows over to a service like office 365.

What the others said, and also making software for Windows is painful

>package Windows games with known-working Wine versions + fixes
groundbreaking

>gog: literally pirate games and dosbox

It will probably end up being a wrapper around wine that does all the configuration on a game-by-game basis.