Name A Better Product

FOSS
Fast
Customizable
CLI (or GUI if tha'ts your thing)
There is no program better than this. Prove me wrong (you can't)

Attached: Youtube-DL.png (179x45, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scoop.sh/
zippyshare.com/plank28
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wish you could clip video with this

You can. Download and edit the video in your favorite editor

>What is the '--postprocessor-args' option.

ytdl+ffmpeg and optionally phantomjs are god tier. I hope development for phantomjs hasnt died forever :(

Attached: ytdl+ffmpeg.webm (828x720, 2.98M)

think everyone switched to puppeteer, phantomjs works but i hate it so much

Looked at it briefly but does It require a chromium browser? If so thats too bad because I dont use chromium browsers.

What would you use phantomjs for in this case?

Some sites make it impossible to dl if you want to use the normal url and not have to sniff the actual stream. Phantomjs let you manipulate pages without a browser using automated tasks.

It downloads and installs one (unless you set an environment variable to skip, but you need to specify the chrome binary to use instead).

is it reliable enough though?

Worked for me. Sometimes sites wont work but I'm pretty sure its because they are intentionally trying to break scripts. But then ytdl will come out with an update that will fix it. So at this point I don't even know if its working anymore lol.

youtube -F [url]
mpv --ytdl [format] [url]

Sadly you need a full fledge web browser to do web scrapping on the modern "let's put HTML on the javascript" web.

mpv.conf
[/code]ytdl-format=bestvideo[height

How is this being done? I assume you installed youtube-dl, ffmpeg, then directed the path to commandline?

very likely to be what you described

Make them environment variables. I'm pretty sure I didnt need to make one for ytdl because its in the same directory as mpv.

Attached: Clipboard01.png (2946x898, 184K)

wrong

You should checkout scoop.sh/

It turns a lot of useful applications into user command tools, meaning when you open up your terminal like CMDER/ConEmu, you can start using ffmpeg, curl, wget, python, youtube-dl directly from there.

It's fairly useful, it's got a lot of programs we use.

It's better than chocolatey if you've heard of that crap.

Looks neat, thanks.

>Python
Into the trash it goes

Is it just me or does audio downloaded with this sound better than the audio in the youtube player?

ffmpeg

It will separately download and combine the best audio and video streams available. Those often aren't what the default player will show.
pic related: best gui

Attached: youtubeDLFrontEnd.screen.png (895x400, 36K)

I don't understand what this webm is supposed to show.

>CLI
>as if it's a good thing
Fuck right off.

ffmpeg

It is, when you want to use it in a script.

Is there a way to make youtube-dl use custom headers?

CLI makes it trivial as fuck to batch download.

it was great until youtube (google) decides to block the app, which will probably be soon since everybody knows about it now

It's showing youtube-dl downloading the best video and audio which is DASH so the files are seperate. And then ffmpeg automatically merges them together into an mkv file.

> not using youtube-dlg

Is there a way to prefetch videos from playlist?

Attached: 1484100506111.jpg (600x900, 90K)

Can you pirate DRM-protected music videos with youtube-dl? I'm just wondering.

but is that default behavior or did it have a specific config file?

Literally anything that isn't connected to a botnet service.

mpv

how about using your default browser to watch youtube videos like every other sane person?

7zip
transmission-cli

>hurr durr you don't need to download anything lmao
>just watch it on youtube lmao
>just listen to it on spotify lmao

Does youtube-dl not do that out-of-the-box?

I'd guess grep'ing the playlist page for video links and then working through that link list should work.

Honestly you should be using DeezLoadr for audio downloads. Why waste time fishing around for a high quality youtube vid when you can get 100% top quality FLAC every time?

>what is soulseek

Rtfm

>using the abomination that is the modern YT layout
>making an account to watch age restricted videos
>not archiving your favourite videos in case they get taken down

>GUI
there isn't any as far as I know
Anyone know of a GUI front-end for android?

This is a technology board. Fuck off.

It's the only behavior. It downloads the DASH chunk and automatically concatenates it to the designated file even before it merges it into the desired container.

>a GUI front-end for android

Attached: sad post.png (221x322, 70K)

It's just for android, m8. I'm comfortable with the terminal on my computer but I'm not in front of it all day.

>This is a technology board

Attached: woah nigga.webm (622x350, 316K)

jdownloader2 and IDM

Then just put any video link in a list management app and dl it later that day
Stop defending the idea that CLI isn't a good idea.
>DeezLoadr github
>That disclaimer part of readme
pfahaha

>jdownloader2

Is that still receiving updates?
Always felt like on the brink of collapse to me, when I used it.
Also felt not particularly trustworthy.

>stop
no

>Is that still receiving updates?
regularly
>Always felt like on the brink of collapse to me, when I used it
ur weird
>Also felt not particularly trustworthy.
and paranoid

>>DeezLoadr github
>>That disclaimer part of readme
not an argument desu

Downloading it right away is more ideal than needing to wait out the rest of the day before I have to download the videos while I have to do other internet related shit on my already choked internet connection. Don't give me workarounds, give me an actual solution.

>>what is soulseek
trash
only good for really obscure shit for autists

>zippyshare.com/plank28

>not an argument desu
Who said I was trying to argue? It just made me laugh.
>Spoonfeed me senpai
Nope

>regularly
Thanks. If the need ever arises, I think I'll check it out again.
>ur weird
Insane CPU usage (for what it does, even considering it's Java), regularly breaking update server connections, and an overloaded, slow GUI.
If that's not the "brink of collapse", then what is?
>and paranoid
Maybe.

Then you shouldn't have answered in the first place, you indecisive fucktard. Your only solution is a half-ass work-around.

>Insane CPU usage (for what it does, even considering it's Java), regularly breaking update server connections, and an overloaded, slow GUI.
of all the FOSS and etc stuff i've used, only Deluge was the one where i agreed with the majority of complaints people have about it.
for me, jDownloader2 has been comfy af senpai. it's the shit

I have the same feeling because it always has some UI lags, nothing feels responsive and always on the verge of freezing the whole os.
Always did its work though. It's a terrible bloatware but an useful one at least.

They can't block it

>jdownloader2
>It's a terrible bloatware but an useful one at least.
This.

Wat
I'm not the guy you think you're having an argument with mate
I just went in this thread and laughed at the disclaimer, and also the babby entitled fuckfag who thought everything should be handed to him when he thinks about it, under two clicks/taps on his botnet device.

>what is rutracker

good but DDL from Deezer is waaaaaay more convenient

Thanks a lot guys for the tool recommandations