Attached: anime.png (760x767, 788K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SV5bVuzublg
innerfidelity.com/images/UltrasonePRO2900.pdf
innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserHD800S.pdf
youtu.be/eQvktGMe0dQ?t=4m43s
abx.digitalfeed.net/list.html
youtube.com/watch?v=WEJX17IYsjY&t=98s
dropbox.com/sh/654wxtmhlq0dhqa/AAAKT-RIbEKpsl-JW7mOnu_9a?preview=Sennheiser HD650.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for 1060c mastercans uwu

Attached: 185.png (680x539, 65K)

I want to wear my HD600s during sex. How do I approach this?

>measurements don't lie
lol subjective po' babbies blown the fuck out

Attached: 1470692629585.gif (272x251, 485K)

zipties... maybe electrical tape

Bungee Cords? Unfortunately IEMs - your ears are gonna get screwed, too.

nice anime pic

Hire a nigger to hold them in place for you.

get ready to support these
youtube.com/watch?v=SV5bVuzublg

jesus christ they look ugly as sin

lel
>planars on a smartphone without an amp

It reminds me a lot of pic related, bakelite and all.
I kind of like it. Plus I'm really digging the headband.

Attached: tkb02210.jpg (650x369, 27K)

>some nobody builds a planar dynamic driver from scratch
Why should I give him money?

you have shit taste and nobody should listen to anything you have to say

Yeah, I can't really buy a headphone that makes me physically repulsed when I look at it. It's gonna be a no from me as well senpai.

>tfw want to get Sony MDR V6 for listening to music
>can only find the MDR 7506 here

Is it still a good choice? I only have a Philips SHS3200 for general computer use ever since my Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000 stopped working. Those and a Philips SHB3060 are the only headphones/earphones I have and I've been thinking about buying something with a higher quality than these cheapo headphones.

Attached: 1530037522375.png (316x490, 108K)

>The measurements don't lie, don't trust your ears!
>How come?
>Well, measurements show if the FR is neutral based on a target curve so it's more faithful
>Oh, so there's only one target curve?
>No, but that doesn't matter...
>Ok, so do the equipment in the Studio follow these target curves?
>No, but that doesn't matter either...
>...So... What is it faithful to?
>The target curve, which is more accurate than your hearing!
>But... Accurate to what?
>The target curve!
>I don't... Where did the curve even came from?
>Oh, they made a bunch of people hear what was best.
>But... I thought the hearing was not... Nevermind... Did everyone agree at least?
>No, some people preffer different curves.
>THAN WHATS THE POINT OF THE CURVE?
>being faithful!
>TO WHAT?
>The target curve.

this is a cope, giant 10dB treble spikes are going to sound like shit no matter what (unless you have hearing loss)

OK, this again: Stax. Besides their capacitive quickness, why do they sound so good? Could it be that their energizers are Fully Balanced the whole way thru?

Attached: Stax L700.jpg (1024x768, 118K)

Sealed front volume, linear push pull, planar waveform. Nothing to do with the amplifier, really.

Attached: 1.21-gigawatts-gif-8.gif (315x177, 881K)

nigga hearing loss is like 14khz and above

no music is there

My 7506s are fucking incredible, I frequently rotate them into my mix.

Hearing loss doesn't work that way, for example it might be -10dB at 14K but also -4dB at 10K and so on. Some severe cases of people can't hear above 10K at all and their 10K hearing is lowered drastically.

Raw frequency response isn't going to have a target curve.

finna no hearing loss nigga

bitch ain't right

the kind most people here talk about (older folks) is not like that. age related hearing loss is mostly highs

damage from sound pressure is usually the worst in the midrange

Attached: presbyacousie_en.gif (476x275, 190K)

Except that you have to buy a ~$1k energizer to make them work, that's got XLR inputs on the back. . .

Attached: Sid.jpg (500x350, 113K)

holy fuck 100 dB SPL

that's scary

There are many options not even close to $1K. Many of those don't have XLR inputs. XLR is much nicer than RCA, but in terms of audible benefit there is very little.

Except perhaps for all the people who like bright headphones and find Sennheiser headphones veiled. Also all the people who preffer warmer headphones to the bright ones. Oh, and the ones who enjoy bassy headphones. And the people who preffer V-shapped too. Etc.
I guess it's a good thing music os produced to sound good from any source.

>preference exists
Which is why measurements are all the more useful to differentiate between bright-but-good-sounding and random-10dB-rollercoaster-shitphone.

lol nobody has a preference for a ear numbing 4-10Khz spike that literally blows out your ear drumbs

>Many of those don't have XLR inputs. XLR is much nicer than RCA, but in terms of audible benefit there is very little

THAT'S MY POINT! Professional Audio is so cheap, WHY WOULDN'T YOU USE THE EXTRA 6 Db OF GAIN AND S/N ??? I can hear it, if you can't that's your problem.

Attached: Corridor_72.jpg (1224x430, 95K)

Well of course you can hear a 6dB volume increase. You need to volume match and do it blind, then you won't be able to hear the difference. Also, it's not cheap. Cheap for most people is under 50 bucks.

>between bright-but-good-sounding and random-10dB-rollercoaster-shitphone.
Examples of each? Honestly curious, you mentioned the 10dB spike more than once now.
But yeah, prefference exists, it doesn't disquilify measurements, but shows that discussion like than one on the last thread where user liked how a Headphone sounded and disliked how it looks in measurements absurd. It only shows how easily reading measurements, like reading any information, might change how your perceive sounds.

then explain how beyerdynamics exist

>10dB-rollercoaster-shitphone
innerfidelity.com/images/UltrasonePRO2900.pdf
>bright-but-good-sounding
innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserHD800S.pdf

I'm quite sure the user in the last thread was trolling.

>I'm quite sure the user in the last thread was trolling.
I sure hope so, that was borderline "Hurr i was only pretending to be retarded".
Interesting measurements, i do see where you are coming from.

I don't get the beyer treble meme. They're bright but I don't have any issues with it.

Not with cymbals, not with flutes, not with hats, not even mega compressed snare drum samples. My hearing is normal.

yeah I've heard good things about them but I've also heard that the MDR V6 are better because they're flatter or something. How true is that?

fuck you

why use headphones though. why not a decent sound system, is it because you dont have your own place user?

no thanks

Why not let people use what they like?

People like to exagerate things. I'm ok with Beyers too and have checked my hearing just last year, nothing wrong either.

kill yourself faggot

>faggot
you have no room to talk

you just asked me for sex

no I didn't you stupid autistic flaming piece of dogshit

My astro a40s just died, and I need a new pair for under a hundred bucks for the next few months. Then I can buy a nicer pair like I wanted.

>Budget
>Source
z79 series mobo
>Type of headphone
Full-sized
>Open or closed
Don't care
>Comfort level
yes
>Sound signature
bassy? mostly just listen to music and play fps games
>Past headphones
turtle beach x12 > logitech g430 > astro a40 > your recommendation here

Fidelio X2

>fuck you
wew lad I'm pretty sure that fuck means sex

why is this general always so toxic

Attached: 1393247746528.jpg (400x1053, 119K)

because you're in it

because the guy who hates beyerdynamic is easy to troll

Attached: 1405731330414.jpg (339x272, 57K)

Takstar pro 82 for cheap portable.
Fidelio X2 for bassy and nice.
>FPS games
You might want a V-Moda Boompro to Go with the X2, assuming you ever talk to other players.

>V-Moda Boompro
I have a desktop mic since the mic on the a40s failed like a year ago. Am I going to need a mixer or amp for the fidelios though? I'm really not a snob but I will pay more for a nicer experience most of the time.

There's something about audio that makes people retarded. It's always going to devolve into people with desperately trying to stave off buyer's remorse by flinging shit and other people wanting to bring them down to earth for schadenfreude.

Brainwavz HM5.

The fuck would you need a mixer for? As for an amp, a lot of the time you don't really NEED one.

I perceive an improvement when I use my headphones with an amp, but it's not like an order of magnitude difference. Could just be placebo though.

No, they are very easy to drive, you should be fine from the PC.

>be a pussy
>be "sensitive to treble"
Pick both

PPL - XLR or integrated, I suggest the RME ADI

Attached: Ugh.jpg (480x360, 40K)

>schadenfreude
Didn't knew that one, interesting.

Not My Prob. Own CDs.

Attached: BB ST34.jpg (354x600, 50K)

they clamp hard enough for this to not be a issue

Anyone knows where i can find AD900X pads? Can't seem to find any for sale.

Where can I buy a pair that ships to the us? I'm seeing a few places like amazon for almost 300 but also see people talking about getting them for 150 pounds (200 bucks)

do yourself a favor and contact audio-technica about buying the old ath-ad900 pads it was like $17 but the old pads are so much more comfortable than the ad900x pads

Attached: IMG_20180716_242914270.jpg (4160x2340, 2.18M)

Thanks for the tip, i will see if i can get in touch with them.
How do they differ from the recent one? I never got to test the original AD900.

I suppose not, if it brings you enjoyment it doesn't matter if it's placebo.

how do you guys clean your ears?

Attached: ear-cleaning-3.jpg (600x400, 64K)

>Is it still a good choice?
No, get a Takstar Pro 82. It's about $60 on aliexpress

Sorry user, i'm not from the US so i wouldn't know.

Is there any point in using Flac files on a Sansa Clip Zip running rockbox with Tin Audio T2's? Is there enough 'quality' in the DAC, AMP and drivers on the T2 to justify the file size being ~3x that of 320kb/s MP3s?

I know with something like Fiio X5 and HD600's theres probably a difference.... but what about a $50 DAP and $50 IEM's?

Attached: zip clip.jpg (445x766, 66K)

MDR 7506 is veery similar to the V6.
The Brainwavz HM5 might be a good alternative too.

There isn't, not even with the highest end audio. At least with good lossy formats like ogg or aac. MP3 is old and busted.

Im looking for some cheap IEMs,can't decide between KZ ED9 and KZ ATR,what would be a better buy?

youtu.be/eQvktGMe0dQ?t=4m43s this guy explains it better than I could. For me the new design was very irritating for the top and bottom of my ears. I bought the ad-900 used and the guy I bought from swapped the old pads for the new 900x pads so I found this video and instantly emailed audio-technica for the old pads and have been loving them ever since. sry for 200 word essay

Here's an ABX test, see for yourself.
abx.digitalfeed.net/list.html

All evidence suggests that nobody can hear a difference between 320 kbps and lossless. Mathematically you can go down to 192 kbps and the vast vast majority of people won't be able to hear a difference.

Placebos make you feel better for medical problems too but people who buy into homoeopathy are still retarded.

Telling a retard they're retarded isn't going to help them any. We need to end their suffering in a humane way.

I saw that pic in a tweet with a good song in it once in the last couple years. Can you tell me anything about it?

youtube.com/watch?v=WEJX17IYsjY&t=98s

here you go friend uwu

Attached: 5a7d26425c72e0650f604242_5a7d2709bd8dbf750f579aa9_320.jpg (320x240, 13K)

Contemplating between the hd 6xx and 58x. I'm aware that the 6xx is supposed to be superior in almost all aspects but the lack of subbass is the only off-putting part for me.

The two aren't going to be that different in terms of sub-bass. If you want real sub bass you'll have to get closed or a planar/estat.

I'm probably leaning more towards the 6xx in that regard then. I don't plan on getting an amp/dac anytime soon though. Will that drastically impact the 6xx's sound quality?

Is the Stax l700 going to make me want to sell all these?

Attached: IMG_20180816_102622.jpg (2688x1512, 1.38M)

For $50 more you'll have a better detailed sound, with higher potential if you get an amp down the line. The appeal of the 58x is its punchier bass at a lower price point, but that money saved is the cost of losing fidelity in the mids and treble.

Not drastically. Maybe not even at all if you have a decent motherboard. Don't listen to the other guy, he doesn't know what he's talking about. You can use EQ to make them sound the same. A few small tweaks really.

get a dt770

Probably not, but it depends on your personal listening preferences

HD6XX/used HD650 with EQ

dropbox.com/sh/654wxtmhlq0dhqa/AAAKT-RIbEKpsl-JW7mOnu_9a?preview=Sennheiser HD650.pdf

Attached: ss+(2018-07-10+at+09.58.29).png (1617x820, 296K)

The 7506 is the only one of these available here, I'm just afraid I might get counterfeit ones.

What country?

Brazil

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1515807289527.png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

Anyone here have the 250-Ohm DT770 Pro? I'm thinking about getting myself a pair. I broke my MMX300's and I'm looking for a replacement.

Attached: 1534425472338.jpg (505x960, 177K)