After years of distrohopping I think I've finally found my comfy

After years of distrohopping I think I've finally found my comfy

Ubuntu Mate

I will continue to play around with others and may end up converting into an archfag eventually. Possibly thru marjaro architect

Also I love the idea of tiling WMs like awesome and i3 but I can't use them as my default desktop experience. They're good for coding environments

Attached: ubuntumate.png (1280x1024, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxmint.com/rel_tara_mate_whatsnew.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Same district that I first stuck around in for a while. I’d say to install a tiling WM along side MATE to see if you could use it as your daily environment honestly.

just use fucking gnome nigger

Mate is gnome.

>being gnome nigger

>years of distrohopping
>may end up converting into an archfag
yikes but suit yourself. I settled on gentoo

Ya that's what I was thinking or maybe build my coding environments in a VM with tilers under a mate host

Nice that it isn't disgustingly orange

Arch+Budgie

budgie is actually nice

>systemd

>i use arch btw

xD

>just use fucking gnome nigger
For what purpose are you using a gnome nigger?

mate is nice and stable
the only problem i have is i can't figure out how to remove labels from apps in the taskbar

So I see you're running GNOME. You know I'm actually on KDE myself. I know this desktop environment is supposed to be better, but you know what they say 'old habits, they die hard.'

Is this shit capable of hidip scaling?

have you disable the spying?

are you talking about gentoo or arch?

I'm a Debian MATE guy myself.

ykno thats funny someone just said that cus i was about to ask why the difference between ubuntu mate and debian mate. im talking about the menu. i love the old style you get with debian mate where it has [Applications] [Places] [System] vs the new style of just [Menu]

This.

>MATE 1.20 supports HiDPI displays with dynamic detection and scaling.
linuxmint.com/rel_tara_mate_whatsnew.php

ok so im torn between debian mate, ubuntu mate, mint mate. what do

can't make choices yourself?

cmon m8

I don't think either of them has any spyware in them

For me it has been Arch. Every other distro just lacks something Arch has or it doesn't "feel the same", you know

I have settled on Debian with Mate so pretty much the same I guess.

I'm referring to Popcon, disable it

I'm sure you'll finally stop distrohopping when you finally realize a distro based on a distro is useless. I'm kind of shocked that you're still considering mint or ubuntu after years of distrohopping. stick to independent distributions and leave the ones based on another for the idiots

Better yet, why would you use a fucking gnome nigger?

arch + KDE is the one that cured my distrohopping

>using arch with the most fragile and bloated DE out there
I feel bad for you

How is this better than Cinnamon?

Mint > Ubuntu

hell nah, they don't even have signed amd64 packages for secure boot, are u dumb?

Mine is Ubuntu Xfce. It "just works" and has less annoyances than KDE.

MATE, aka gnome2, is comfy as fuck. It's what Xfce would be if it had active devs. Ironically MATE is not as stable, but its software (specially Caja) beats whatever Xfce has to offer.

mint = ubuntu
but with outdated repos
idiot

just wait until his system breaks and he goes back to ubuntu or debian
this