Jow Forums told me that all CS jobs are going to India and that the field is over-saturated and that I should go into a...

Jow Forums told me that all CS jobs are going to India and that the field is over-saturated and that I should go into a trade instead.

Are they right? Is a CS degree a waste of time?

Attached: 1526087532243.png (519x468, 221K)

Yes, Mostly STEM jobs goes to H1B.
But things like actuary,security,networking some government jobs begin free Indian.

Believe >doesn't know how to do research
>sad really, you won't make in this industry if you were qualified

>Jow Forums told me
Then stop listening

Fuck off libtards

If you were running a software company, would you hire American or Indian?

If I could think like the CEO of a software company I would be the CEO of a software company, not asking Jow Forums to decide the foundation upon which I build the rest of my life.

>trade instead
If you want to, STEM and trade are not comparable, if you are more interested in working with your brain rather than turning it off, then STEM/Art is only field for you.

Always do the opposite of what Jow Forums says.

>graduate with a CS degree
>decide I don't want to be a code monkey office drone
>move to Asia to teach English

Best decision I've ever made.

pol is right get a gender studies degree or something artistic in order to make bank

Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, anything Medical Related is a SHIT job and always will be outsourced

This

I would've gone into a trade like welding or being an electrician right out of high-school for easy money but shit is terribly terribly fucking boring.

Okay, this is epic.

i'm literally doing the opposite of you because i'm not a faggot

Why is everyone on pol such a faggot

>people with no job or degree telling people what sort of job they can or cannot get with their degree
I feel like this is bait, but I'm still posting on the off chance some poor fool is tempted to be led astray from the golden path.

Attached: 1529908559054.png (400x400, 105K)

Software Engineer here.

Spend 5 minutes researching and you’ll find that developer jobs are extremely comfy. Developers are in high demand, are very useful, and tend to get flexible hours.

After 1 year of professional experience, I’m making 73k salary and truly only work about 30-35 hours a week. Comfy.

Well fuck off poltard, mostly for calling me a libtard.
You're all really fucking same as SJW: for them anything more to right than extreme left is a nazi, to fuckers like you anyone moderately right is a marxist vegan scum. And neither of you have a place here.

Strongly considering this for a year after the undergrad is finished this year

junior dev positions are tough to get because the market is flooded with them. You need something that can make you stand out, easiest way is to get recommended by someone at the company.

There are now 15% more job openings in San Francisco compared to last year.

>easiest way is to get recommended by someone at the company.

This, networking is something that every STEM graduate has to get good at in order to succeed.

Wrong they dont know any better than you

>Jow Forums told me
lol

zyzz

this.
fuck stem, sweep streets.

How hard is it get into a college internship for computer science at San Jose State? I'm not op but I'm wondering.

you should go into software engineering instead of CS if you want a job (at least, a more interesting one)

I would hire European, because I live in Europe. That's how it should be.

Enjoy shit pay, shit hours, and realizing that getting pussy isn't as easy as you thought it was. Enjoy the low tier throwaway women

im a cs grad, would not recommend

too many ppl, too little jobs

if you dont live in cali dont bother

All code monkey jobs are going to india
The thing with CS is there is damn near limitless potebtual for improvement in the field, so if you learn it and are actually competent, you can always create value out of it

>not working remoteltly for a california based company without having to live in that shithole

By code monkey jobs do you mean web development?

Do they actually pay well working remotely? I heard that if you go down this route you'll be competing with people working cheap from other countries.

I mean anything that doesn't require a certain level of quality that justifies purchasing a real engineers time

They gave me a raise before I started working remotely, and they're paying me the same amount now
The issue is my health insurance is shit because very few practitioners accept it in my state

>gamers rise up

>guild lance in XX can't forward hop
wtf

>because very few practitioners accept it in my state
There's a lot to be said for universal health insurance.

Is there any CS job that an anti-social autist like me can get? I'm 2 months in as a full-stack dev and having to interact with normies makes me want to have a mental breakdown.

what makes ppl think that pajeets and the like won;t also take the trades jobs??

Senior Dev reporting.

Web dev is boring as fuck. And you don't need a degree to do it. If you are going to university do AI.

A degree would still help you get into the job though wouldn't it?

>unironically being into cs instead of mechanical engineering

lmaoing@ur 50k annual salary

Mechanical engineering is for the people who can't hack it in EE or Aerospace Engineering, or ChemE or Computer Science.

You're one tier above Industrial Engineering, or "Imaginary Engineering" as we call it in the biz.

So your sense of superiority is quite unearned. You can make big bucks if you get the right job with mech e, starting at the bottom at like an aerospace company (instead of higher up if you'd taken aerospace engineering).

But you're mostly limited in where you can work, like shit jobs like working at factories or oil companies in awful states like South Dakota or Oklahoma.

Computer Science, you can get a job anywhere, in any city, and work for yourself if you really want to.

work for yourself? lol. maybe making $10 an hour fixing wordpress sites on fiver

Uh huh. I made 85k last year contracting, and that was with 2 months of me just being on vacation traveling.

howd you start?