SystemD is spyware

> they can't subvert kernel so they need something else low-level

> there comes Redhat with ties to government and secret services

> SystemD invades everything in Linux system

> you can't even install most distros without it

> even gnome depends on it

> attack surface big as your mom (remember typo in Hearthbleed ?, imagine what possibilities could this provide)

And I don't even mention the shitload of shills ready to defend it and insult everyone on every forum where it's slightly criticised.

Attached: Systemd_components.svg.png (440x248, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

suckless.org/sucks/systemd/
raw.githubusercontent.com/systemd/systemd/master/NEWS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I tried a few distros recently and they all used SystemD. They all had issues. I’m not even a regular Loonix user and I can tell just how cancerous it is.

Best is how systemd now wants to handle cryptography. Can't wait for Big Brother to have my passphrases.

Attached: systemd.png (1066x621, 176K)

>> they can't subvert kernel
Someone is misinformed.

Why the fuck you format your post like that, you fucking retard.

it's just a matter of time when we're on point that systemd-kernel replaces linux-kernel.

It'll destroy itself, eventually. The quality of that software is so bad, I cannot imagine seeing it survive that long without some sort of public outrage at some point. I can imagine debian based distros eventually switching to devuan.

WHAT?! LINK TO SOURCES NOW!

systemd is the best example of Suck.
suckless.org/sucks/systemd/

>Support for the LUKS2 on-disk format for encrypted partitions has been added.
raw.githubusercontent.com/systemd/systemd/master/NEWS

Maybe this. But whatever it's going to happen anyway as cancerd consumes all. Latest bad thing I know was systemd resolved defaulting to google dns.

woah what surprise to see this coincide with implementing support for the new NSA shit-tier encryption standard in the kernel

inb4 normie tier distros will only let you do easy full disk encryption with speck

I want to escape this shithole so bad but I'm using Arch. I wanna try out Artix but I'm afraid some software won't work because it depends on systemdick. Any workarounds?

Use Gentoo faggot.

we came to point when MEME distro is literally better than rest

Gentoo was always better than the rest, you newfag.

Okey, SystemD is shit, but at least it unifies the interfaces. Write a common API and implement it as you want.

>at least it unifies the interfaces.
Wasn't it the job of udev?

Sorry, I mean the API of the CLI. As an example I dont care if services management is done via Systemctl or services command, I just want one that work in every distro

systemd becomes more bearable if you start thinking it as a suite of software rather than a simple init.

Systemd has won, just accept it and move on, stop whining.

>attack surface big as your mom
Why are you using Linux then? Just fuck off to BSD to or something.

install parabola openrc if you like pacman so much

So what? Just use the damn distribution and get your work done. Simple. If you still insist on wasting time, just install Devuan, Void, Gentoo or some BSD.

rekt, also checked

>Just use the damn distribution and get your work done
Until you need/want to shut it down/reboot and systems fails.

Has the botnet been proved in systemd or is it only the Googe DNS thing?

Use something without it like Devuan, Void, or NetBSD.

It's over a million lines of spaghetti code, and still growing.

Devuan isn't a waste of time, faggot. You install it once and it just works with rock solid stability. Debian used to throw me a bunch of errors and shit at boot and take literally 5-10 minutes to shut down. Now I don't have this problem.

Attached: 1482876052405.png (447x437, 307K)

I run Artix, there are no issues whatsoever. It uses elogind and eudev as a replacement for logind and udev, and it has dummy packages to fool stuff into thinking systemd is installed.
Everything just werks.

Terry Davis predicted all of this. He said Linux will keep bloating until its dead. Theres no way to even audit the kernel now because it has millions of LoC. You nerds think you are using some secure OS when in reality the CIA glowers are laughing at you.

What DE are you running? Does KDE work?

This is why OpenBSD is the only sane alternative

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

linux is already more bloated than windows, candy crush included

Why can't they stick to being a init system?

Systemd has screwed up my Debian twice already upon reboot - I changed nothing in my system. It just fucking boots up and when I see the message that it starts, it starts some weird ass start job and just freezes. But OpenRC was a pain in the ass

Oh bullshit.

Just like Windows, right?

Please no, stop pottering, Linux is already dead

Attached: image.jpg (200x249, 49K)

Lennart is an enormous piece of shit, trying to be innovative, inventing shit, then crying when shit backflings.
pulse audio doesn't even work for me on new Arch installation, it just refuses to start.

OMG, you guys are missing the point of SystemD. If you have this level of autism, forget gentoo and go for yocto. Build your own fucking non bloated distro yourself

There already exists Void with Runit.

OH NO! Stallman is CIA nigger.

>schizo op referencing an entity called ""(((them)))""

>calling people schizo whilst pretending to be everybody - the trait of a schizo

> (You)
>There already exists Void with Runit.
And there is also people with autism like you. Read it another time cause you miss the point.
I can explain it to you as many times you need

This

If you don't appreciate the work Lennart is doing, just fuck off and use something else. No one is gonna miss you.

Attached: puffandbeast.jpg (2048x1536, 488K)

*crack
sysVint
*sip

i3, KDE should work though

Your face is spyware, OP.

The moment one of you whiny fuccbois prove that systemd is spying or is vulnerable is the moment it dies.

But since you're all in reality AT BEST script kiddies you cna't find shit and instead opt to speculate like a shitstain. Either shut the fuck up or prove that systemd is a spy aparatus.

Nobody can, or nobody has bothered. Until they do, threads like these are a bit pointless.

The only thing that will replace systemd is an improved systemd.

Nobody is going back to shitty init scripts.

I use gentoo but still use networkmanager. Did I fuck up?

what distro does the suckless community use?

They don't, they throw an autistic fit every time they see a piece of software made of over 9k lines of code, do you really think they use Linux?

They have the whole 9front thing iirc

Gentoo for babbies already exists, it's called Clover OS. And your friendly neighborhood autists designed the logo.

Attached: adult Yotsuba on clover os wallpaper.png (4454x2784, 2.35M)

it constantly phones home to google because it uses google ntp and dns servers

I don't think jewgle should be the default for those servers but you can specify your own.

this

I hate systemd but stop fucking writing the d in uppercase