The new gmail fucking blows

The new gmail fucking blows
What is Google even doing?

Attached: gm.jpg (302x167, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Switzerland
help.ubuntu.com/community/PostfixCompleteVirtualMailSystemHowto
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/02/how-to-run-your-own-e-mail-server-with-your-own-domain-part-1/
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/03/taking-e-mail-back-part-2-arming-your-server-with-postfix-dovecot/
notes.sagredo.eu/en/qmail-notes-185/qmail-vpopmail-dovecot-roberto-s-qmail-notes-8.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>2018
>third party mail services

What's so bad about it ?

it's different than before

I didn't notice much of a difference desu. But then again, I've disabled all bullshit in Gmail.

>He doesn't have a email client with all his emails configured.

Attached: 1519639448706.png (295x368, 168K)

>2010+8
>still using Gmail

I deleted my personal gmail for privacy reasons earlier this year, but I still have an account at work. The new interface looks fairly nice overall and seems a bit faster.

what kind of faggot ass workplace makes you use gmail?

at a university, although they recently started switching from gmail to ms exchange for email services

>to ms exchange
it better not be hosted by microsoft or it's just as bad.

I'm sure it's all cancer. I use it as little as possible and don't sign in from my personal computers.

Get back to work, Stevens isn't cheap

I've had it for ages. Looks the same to me.

It's 7 in the morning >:(

yeah im gonna switch soon

I'm indifferent about it. Just set the display density to compact and it's almost the same as the old one.

sums up Jow Forums

It's been literally more than 8 years since I last logged in a webmail platform.

Thunderbird or go home.

what's a good email besides gmail?

shush they will hear you

protonmail

postfix + dovecot

Is Zoho safe to host email at?

Its from Indians and that worries me. Because India is pure chaos.

Tutanota
it's also on F-droid now

This.
Just get a domain and a VPS for fucks sake.

>it's also on F-droid now
i read about this a few days ago and managed to snatch a nice looking 3 letter @tuta.io name
i want to use it but tutanota seems so ghetto to me. it feels like it can fall apart any time

I wish I had, but protonmail doesn't support that yet and I'm too stupid to configure even multiple Gmail accounts for mutt.

>hosted in Germany (14 eyes)
enjoy your botnet

>Tutanota
Doesn't actually send my mail.

I don't see a change

I'm not too worried about that. If their business model is sustainable they'll stick around.
There are even plenty of free providers who are still in business, I guess email is not _that_ expensive.

Never had that problem.

Protonmail has its traffic go through Germany and relies on an Israeli company for DDoS mitigation.

Whats your 14eyes free solution?

meant for

I'm not him, but you could use Runbox. I used it. It's complete shit.

Also, you can barely control where you mails go once they leave the servers. Protonmail is as safe it gets. Alternatively Mailfence is also a good idea.

(((protonmail)))

Anything hosted in Switzerland, because of their strict privacy laws that they've had for, like, forever. Fun fact: Both Holocaust victims and Nazis used Swiss bank accounts to hide their assets. The former so the Nazis wouldn't get a hold of more of their belongings, and the latter to hide any shady dealings and stuff I guess.

>What is Google even doing?
Selling your data.

The traffic goes through a lot of countries, I could care less, the point is its locally encrypted on Swiss servers and protected by strict Swiss privacy laws.

>implying every other country is a paradise to live in

((((((Switzerland))))))

>mMmm, should I trust a Dutch (startmail) person, an American (gmail), a Russian (yandex), a Norwegian (runbox) or an Indian (zoho) with my data
How would you sort them?

>mMmm, should I trust a Dutch (startmail) person, an Jewish (gmail), a Russian (yandex), a Norwegian (runbox) or an Indian (zoho) with my data
Fixed

Yeah ok mate, you can add your childish ( ) around words, that's not a fucking argument. Everyone knows the Swiss are based af when it comes to privacy and they have been giving the middle finger to the establishment since 12 fucking 91 CE.

>Netherlands
American colony, all your data is mirrored in the NSA datacenter.

>Muhrica
Jewish protectorate, all your data belongs to the NSA and MOSAD.

>Russia
Your data belongs to GRU and FSB. If Putin dies, then the NSA will have a copy as well.

>Norway
American colony, same as above.

>India
Your data is stored on Chinese-made flashpens and it is sold to anyone for a few rupees. There is no security at all, so it is also accesible by anyone without paying.

>He's not using Google Inbox
>2019

Switzerland is the jews. That is why the banks and the central bank of central banks are located there.

lol, accurate.

Do tell me how to easily setup an email server with 99% uptime, backups, spamfilter and frontend that doesn't get banned across public email providers the instant I set it up.

Attached: burning-envelope-27478330.jpg (800x487, 70K)

>webmail

Attached: 1479721143035.jpg (1273x922, 108K)

Grab a copy of LTS, purchase a domain, get a static IP, configure as necessary for things like DKIM and AV...

It would really only take a few hours if you committed yourself to doing it.

That's what happens when you get diversity interns who are code monkeys.

>0.3% Jewish
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Switzerland
yeah ok mate, w/e you say

I want to do this but I've had problems. Not with setting it up, but just with how it handles. Is there a better one than Thunderbird?

Have a domain and static IP, what's a good howto or prebuild package for a project like this?

You must be a retard. Switzerland is THE bank country. There is nothing more jewish than a bank. They literally invented them. Of course big noses are very few, not everybody is director of a bank.
Pic related is the BIS in Basel.

Attached: Basel_-_Bank_für_internationalen_Zahlungsausgleich1.jpg (330x378, 33K)

>muh banks :(

That building reminds me a bit of the EU parliament building with its Tower of Babel aesthetic.

underrated

botnet

I'm sure this is outdated by now, but it seems like a good a place as any to start.

help.ubuntu.com/community/PostfixCompleteVirtualMailSystemHowto

Attached: caucasians.jpg (1600x1600, 256K)

>help.ubuntu.com/community/PostfixCompleteVirtualMailSystemHowto

Thanks.
Oh man and that's just the installation, what about maintenance?
Why does it have to be 1: be lazy and use free or commercial mail provider or 2: spend an evening installing and spend hours a day monitoring/maintaining.

It tends to just werk, maintenance isn't too bad... at least it hasn't been in my experience. I probably don't stay on top of it as much as I should.

Just found mailcow, had a docker script, will investigate.

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/02/how-to-run-your-own-e-mail-server-with-your-own-domain-part-1/
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/03/taking-e-mail-back-part-2-arming-your-server-with-postfix-dovecot/

> inb4 muh arsetechnica

werks for me

> What is Google even doing?
No, what are *you* doing?

I assume you know it's botnet but why the fuck are you using the web interface rather than an IMAP mail client like thunderbird, k-9 mail or whatever else the fuck you want?

It's also necessary so you have some consistency between different mail services.

notes.sagredo.eu/en/qmail-notes-185/qmail-vpopmail-dovecot-roberto-s-qmail-notes-8.html

> and the latter to hide any shady dealings and stuff I guess
Not quite. They were seriously in power and didn't really have to hide anything much until late in the war.

Nah, it was mostly to the hollow pretense the axis needed to trade with the allies who were pretty aware who they were trading with.

But you know, both Hitler's merry crew of mostly undereducated madmen and the western staff's superiors expected their subordinates to bring them the stuff they were asking for, so the lower tier pretty much traded between factions with each other through Switzerland and also Sweden IIRC. And with the neutral 3rd parties that superficially didn't want to be seen dealing with anyone else.

Use the HTML client you beautiful human being.

it suddenly requires 4 cores at 3GHz while bofere with 2x1.5ghz was usable.. it was a bloat mess of javascript, but they somehow managed to make even less resource efficient, its a feat of ingenuity really.

screenshot of your nojs config for gmail ? i assumed with it being pure JS there was no margin for blockage

>better one than Thunderbird
there is not
>I've had problems...with how it handles.
the thing is gmail that doesnt quite follow IMAP logic.
so in any IMAP desktop program mesages will be duplicated in "allmail" and whatever autotag ou manual tags you apply.... and offcourse the ones that you didnt Tag will appear only in allmail and there you cant ignore it.

so far what i do is auto apply aaaa tag to everything, ignore in thunderbird the allmail tag, and then sort my shit, stuff you set to autotag by googserver will come in dupped in aaaa but you then delete it from there in thuinderbird (since its a dupe in another IMAP FOLDER) and in gmail server it will reflect as you just removed the aaaa tag and kept the autotag1, and in thunder youll have a copy in folder autotag1.

if you tried doing this in the allmail folder in thunder, gmail server would understadn that youre moving it to trash, while autotag1 would remain in the trashed letter, it could desapper in the server (and in thunder if settings...) since its in the trashfolder and its behaviour isnt set in stone...

He implied no such thing Mr jumping to conclusions

I've seen first year web dev students make a UI that's more performant than that piece of shit.

Seriously though, I'd expect Google to actually know how to make a performant UI but this is godawful.

is it just me or is the new font really blurry

Attached: 1410785254343.png (500x500, 13K)

I didn't notice anything, but after looking at it for a while I think they added some anti-aliasing or something